Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My guess is that Snyder never thought he'd change the name, after all, he was on record vowing he wouldn't, now he's in dire straits. Couldn't happen to a better cretin.
    I feel like Snyder will change it to something super derivative because he's a petty little b....

Heard that the name "Red Wolves" is currently in a trademark dispute, just like they say the proposed Washington name is. Seems pretty possible that's going to be the name. Won't complain if that's the case, its the best out of all the alternatives I've heard the past few weeks.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Red Tails would be so cool. So there is no way Snyder takes it. He'll probably pick something like "All Lives Matter"
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Red Tails would be so cool. So there is no way Snyder takes it. He'll probably pick something like "All Lives Matter"
    It looks really, cool, too. Don't have to change the color scheme.

Warriors could have them use their old spear logo.

Call them Washington FedEx. Sponsor names are all that matter to Snyder, anyway. What do the Washington fans want? That's where I would go as an owner; ask the season ticket holders.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-13-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It looks really, cool, too. Don't have to change the color scheme.

Warriors could have them use their old spear logo.
    At first I was going to say Red Tails sounds stupid, but I actually like that logo so I could live with that one. I do think Red Wolves sounds more aggressive though. And I thought they said the team would be keeping the color scheme regardless of the name change?

I saw an article on SI.com this morning that said the Redskins shouldn't change their name to Warriors because that name has racial connotations to it. My reaction was that someone should probably force that Golden State basketball team to change their name now, right?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    At first I was going to say Red Tails sounds stupid, but I actually like that logo so I could live with that one. I do think Red Wolves sounds more aggressive though. And I thought they said the team would be keeping the color scheme regardless of the name change?

I saw an article on SI.com this morning that said the Redskins shouldn't change their name to Warriors because that name has racial connotations to it. My reaction was that someone should probably force that Golden State basketball team to change their name now, right?
    Warrior is not a slur. So no. Somebody on SI really said that? Golden State dropped all native imagery. It's now generic.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think Snyder will delay until it is too late to change for this season. He might even hope he can avoid changing for longer. He is a POS.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Snyder will delay until it is too late to change for this season. He might even hope he can avoid changing for longer. He is a POS.
    Just stick Snyder's mug on the helmet and call the team the Washington Rednecks for a season until they figure it all out.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd say the name will come in the next couple weeks. Fed Ex is pushing this and won't take Snyder saying it will be at end of season. Were in July so I suspect with reports that the team is having the name scrubbed off other places they will reveal new name and uniforms soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Warrior is not a slur. So no. Somebody on SI really said that? Golden State dropped all native imagery. It's now generic.
    Yes someone one an article about it. I saw it on the front page of SI's website this morning.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say the name will come in the next couple weeks. Fed Ex is pushing this and won't take Snyder saying it will be at end of season. Were in July so I suspect with reports that the team is having the name scrubbed off other places they will reveal new name and uniforms soon.
    It's funny what FedEx will push for. I mean, my job is still waiting for them to find a package they lost more than a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yes someone one an article about it. I saw it on the front page of SI's website this morning.
    Someone at SI is also calling for the Texas Rangers to change their name as well, for what it's worth.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me. For Snyder, his refusal to change the name was, in my opinion, never about honoring the team's history, rather plain old fashioned stubbornness and hate of being told what to do with his franchise. This time, Snyder has no choice, it's only a question of when.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Okay, Kansas City guy here...

Are the Chiefs okay to keep the name? I’ve been presuming they are thanks to it being a title, and because the Hunt family has been trying to get ahead of anything by working with Native representatives, but some outside-of-KC perspective would be nice.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Okay, Kansas City guy here...

Are the Chiefs okay to keep the name? I’ve been presuming they are thanks to it being a title, and because the Hunt family has been trying to get ahead of anything by working with Native representatives, but some outside-of-KC perspective would be nice.
    I know the Native American imagery could be a problem. They have people attending games in Native American head dresses , banging war drums at times on sideline , the crowd also does tomahawk chops and a cheerleader rides a horse called war paint. So that could be a problem. As a long time Chiefs fan here who suffered through some terrible years on CBR , well..its nice to see a fan here as well. But yeah the team may have an issue coming up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.