Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
It's hard to side all the way with McNabb who showed himself to be thinskinned and insecure, far from admirable traits for an NFL quarterback, and he hasn't changed much to this day. Sure, Owens was an irredeemable assclown with his antics, but some of the blame needs to be placed at the feet of the Eagles who touched him off by playing hardball with his contract. While the team didn't put a gun to Owens' head and forced him to sign that deal, but after he outplayed it, especially in the Super Bowl as he could've been the game's MVP had the Eagles won, the front office could've thrown him a bone with a renegotiation or even a fat bonus, just to keep him quiet, had they done either, they could've avoided Owens going nuclear. The fact that none of the so-called "leaders" in the Eagles locker room at the time tried to rein in Owens said in part that they had his back and not McNabb's, further fracturing the team. In my eyes, there's blame to go around for everyone in that meltdown.
Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
Talk about it. McNabb is more of an ******* drunk than he is a leader. I'm not a super T.O. fan, he's blown up the spot later in his career a couple too many times but he was the man in that Superbowl. 122 yards on an injured leg while McNabb was out there getting sick and hurling and throwing 3 picks. Game wouldn't have been that close had T.O. not been there.

I remember the stories of that fight that happened too, didn't nobody want to come for T.O. The fact that McNabb is still salty about THAT ONE time where he had a career full of passing yards and not much else says a lot.
Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
This recent nonsense all came to pass after an interview McNabb did for a Bleacher Report podcast or something. I don't think ESPN, FOX Sports or any other sports network will touch him after his run-ins with the law. I didn't hear it, so I'm guessing McNabb was asked about his old coach Andy Reid going back to the Super Bowl, if he wasn't specifically asked about Owens, but brought him up out of the clear blue because of a grudge he can't bury, then it's all on McNabb who HAD to have known Owens would fight back. Are both of them being petulant children? Absolutely, but McNabb appears to have been the instigator. Again, not having heard the interview, I can't say for sure, maybe the interviewer baited McNabb who wouldn't have been able to resist picking at the scab that was the train wreck of 2006, I have no idea.
Owens signed a contract , he knew what he was signing and was advised not to. He was all friggen smiles when he did sign that 7 year contract. Had he not been such an ass clown and decided to spend an off season and during the season fighting his organization maybe the next season they sit down and redo his deal. All he had done was play 1 year for them. 1 ...year.

Its less throwing a bone to someone but someone actually being a professional. Plus the whole "McNabb showed himself to be thinskinned..." wow. Someone once joked that McNabb was treated like **** by Eagles fans when he was drafted (they booed) and the years he made that organization relevant with no help for years at WR he still got nothing.

The whole deal with no leaders stepping up to take T.O in hand also is wild. How do you take someone in hand who is not showing up and doing stupid **** in his driveway. Plus I'm sure that with an already stupid situation of Owens own doing , them standing up and telling him to be an actual professional man and play , would have had him attack the players. Perhaps Reid wanted the team to concentrate on football best he could while T.O was being a fucking idiot.

Yes McNabb turned to alcohol as we saw. His life hasn't been good off the field as we see. But the fact that we see people excusing T.O's piece of **** behavior and blaming a guy who actually played his ass off when he was there is just mind boggling. It sums up Eagles fans treatment of McNabb though. They weren't happy he was selected , they weren't happy with his play over getting them close to a Super Bowl with little help , they weren't happy when they made a Super Bowl and lost . They weren't happy and hopefully the fans won't do this to Wentz so quick.

But yeah , the list of Owens bullshit and then painting McNabb as the bad one. WOW....