Default Greg Rucka’s son arrested in NYC window smashing

Comic book writers’ son arrested in BLM rampage in NYC
    Elliot Rucka, 20, of Portland was among the eight people arrested on rioting and other charges in the spree Friday that damaged and vandalized banks, Starbucks and Duane-Reades from Foley Square up to 24th Street.

The protest — which was organized by the groups “New Afrikan Black Panther Party” and the “Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement” — escalated to a three-hour marathon of destruction that caused at least $100,000 in damages, authorities said.

At least some of the protesters arrested in the spree appear to have had come from elite backgrounds — prompting one law-enforcement source to scoff, “This is the height of hypocrisy.”

Wild allegations.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just because his son is dumb I won't stop buying GR's comics.

Sounds like young Rucka does not want to live in the world seen in his father's comic Lazarus.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Interesting.

The Post certainly described Elliot Rucka as being from Portland, and the writer claims "It’s unclear what has brought him to New York." So the writer seems ignorant of the fact that Elliot Rucka lives in New York, which is a different story than a young adult from Portland travelling to New York City during a pandemic.

There are some factual statements in the Bleeding Cool piece that aren't backed up. It mentions that he "was involved in a peaceful protest which remained peaceful. He was arrested by police when leaving the protest, after the crowd had been asked to disperse." How do we know this for sure? Are authorities making up claims of $100,000 in property damage, or did it happen elsewhere in the city? I will note that it is a bigger deal that the New York Post got this wrong, because they are a major newspaper with the resources of the Fox News media empire.

I completely believe that the family has received death threats, but I always think that would be an interesting thing to focus on for an article. What's it like? How many people call? What does the family see? What are the nastiest comments on social media? Any article is going to have the problem some of the most vile trolls are effective at deleting their worst comments before someone thinks to take screenshots.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets