Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    And my god did Bill O'Brien make the dumbest trade i've seen in a while:
    Cardinals acquire WR DeAndre Hopkins from Texans for RB David Johnson, 2nd-round pick (they're also swapping 4th round picks but still)
    Good Lord! Just heard about that! Did O'Brien lose his mind or what?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good Lord! Just heard about that! Did O'Brien lose his mind or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bill O'Brien is the dumbest man in football.
    And my god did Bill O'Brien make the dumbest trade i've seen in a while:
    Cardinals acquire WR DeAndre Hopkins from Texans for RB David Johnson, 2nd-round pick (they're also swapping 4th round picks but still)
    Yes, Yes and insert YESSSS! Thor Ragnarok GIF.

Calais Campbell arguably the Jags best player, moved out to Baltimore. COLTS IS BAAACKKK!
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I am up in Boston today. Talk here is Tampa Bay the favorite place for Brady to land. NE might not have cap space to pay what he wants, so 20 mil in NE or 35 mil in TB?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yes, Yes and insert YESSSS! Thor Ragnarok GIF.

Calais Campbell arguably the Jags best player, moved out to Baltimore. COLTS IS BAAACKKK!
    Hoo boy, we're going to be the best team in a division of afterthoughts. That's like being the king of Garbage Island.

Blockbuster: The #49ers are trading Pro Bowl DL DeForest Buckner to the #Colts, sources say, in exchange for a first-round pick. A massive deal for both teams, with one of SF’s key players on the move.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Blockbuster: The #49ers are trading Pro Bowl DL DeForest Buckner to the #Colts, sources say, in exchange for a first-round pick. A massive deal for both teams, with one of SF’s key players on the move.
    Who are they making room for?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Okay So I posted that the NFL is pushing back the draft. According to CBS today the draft will still go on in April but with no events or crowds. It will be on tv.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who are they making room for?
    Armstead , they just signed him to a big mega deal. Only so much cap room to sign guys.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Okay So I posted that the NFL is pushing back the draft. According to CBS today the draft will still go on in April but with no events or crowds. It will be on tv.
    This will be a bit of a wink to the past. Before the NFL Drafts became a huge deal on ESPN ; back in the early 1980s the draft was basically the team guys in a room making selections. With Rozelle making announcements.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Comically the Browns are having another shopping spree. They have signed Austin Hooper (TE) and over paid him. Did you guys know Hooper is now the highest paid TE in the league ? Yep ..a guy who has never had a season over 800 yards is now getting $44 million in 4 years with $23 million guaranteed. Then they signed Jake Conklin (a wise signing) for $42 million in 3 seasons and $30 million guaranteed and Case Keenum for $20 million with $10 million guaranteed.

The Texans trade is a stunner as it seems O'Brien is gambling on getting a WR I guess. But well...the top 2 WR's Lamb and the other one are expected to be off the board by the time Houston selects. This entire trade seems kinda ...stupid. They are getting a RB who seems on a downward slide after health issues in Johnson and all they managed was a 2nd rd pick for Hopkins. A dynamic WR.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Looks like duh Raiduhs are gunna sign Mariota as a backup for Carr.

I'm fine with this. He's better than Mike Glennon, and honetly someone needs to light a fire under Carr's ass & Gruden loves him his second chance vets
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Is... is nobody going to mention that the Texans traded Deandre Hopkins to Arizona for David Johnson?

Early response from players around the league is Houston got fleeced. This also could allow Arizona the wiggle room they need to re-sign Kenyan Drake.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Is... is nobody going to mention that the Texans traded Deandre Hopkins to Arizona for David Johnson?

Early response from players around the league is Houston got fleeced. This also could allow Arizona the wiggle room they need to re-sign Kenyan Drake.
    we already did and we already ridiculed Brian for being an idiot and destroying the texans

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

we already did and we already ridiculed Brian for being an idiot and destroying the texans
    That loss to Mahomes must have really fucked up his mind. lol

Being serious though the trade makes little sense as I posted above. Why do you trade for a RB on his way down who has had injury issues in Johnson ? The team could have drafted a RB to come in middle rds or that spot. But according to reports O'Brien did this move in anger at Hopkins as the WR wanted to redo his deal. He had 3 years remaining but wanted to redo his deal as WR's are getting bigger deals. (ala like Julio Jones who had his deal redone)

This is why you need a GM to sit and discuss with a coach these things. Houston will pay the price for this move.

Well we just had another SHOCKING trade which makes you question this wisdom by the Vikings. The Buffalo Bills traded for Stefon Diggs from Minnesota. Diggs has been a HUGE play WR for the Vikings since the start . He was a 5th rd pick and was in the middle of a 5 year deal. But things was falling apart the last season. The Vikings will receive a 2020 1st rd pick , a 5th rd pick and 6th rd pick. Then a 2021 4th rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well we just had another SHOCKING trade which makes you question this wisdom by the Vikings. The Buffalo Bills traded for Stefon Diggs from Minnesota. Diggs has been a HUGE play WR for the Vikings since the start . He was a 5th rd pick and was in the middle of a 5 year deal. But things was falling apart the last season. The Vikings will receive a 2020 1st rd pick , a 5th rd pick and 6th rd pick. Then a 2021 4th rd pick.
    Damn. Now people might start talking about the Bills overtaking the Patriots in the AFC East for real. With or without Brady leaving.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.