Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Mahomes deal basically front loads the money the next 2 seasons as a bonus more or less. KC will be doing off-season rolling bonus/guarantees more or less to not destroy the salary cap from what I'm reading. Back in 2016 Andrew Luck signed what was the biggest NFL contract at $140 million. Mahomes in 2 seasons due to the bonus deal KC is working will pay Pat Mahomes --- $244.9 million by 2022.

The rest of the contract then becomes more or less Mahomes averages $39.5 million a year for the next 12 seasons. Yep Mahomes is locked to Chiefs til 2031. Also the deal likely will be tore up as contracts rise over it by the end.

As some said Pat Mahomes has done so many 1sts in NFL and done things so unexpected now his contract is a totally new world for people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Most analysts are looking at the Mahomes deal and are saying that while 10 years is a long time... the Chiefs went forever without a franchise QB, they're not losing him now that they've got him. And they are locking him down from what will be the ages of 24-35. This isn't a deal for a QB they're trying to keep in the waning years of his career at this price... it's the best guy in the sport in his prime. While the numbers seem astronomical, even the most cynical analysts I've seen are shrugging and going, "Yeah, but he's worth it. Good for KC."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Most analysts are looking at the Mahomes deal and are saying that while 10 years is a long time... the Chiefs went forever without a franchise QB, they're not losing him now that they've got him. And they are locking him down from what will be the ages of 24-35. This isn't a deal for a QB they're trying to keep in the waning years of his career at this price... it's the best guy in the sport in his prime. While the numbers seem astronomical, even the most cynical analysts I've seen are shrugging and going, "Yeah, but he's worth it. Good for KC."
    He was expected to reset the contract era for QB's. Its said Dak Prescott will be foolish enough to try and get a Mahomes deal but given that he's not did what Mahomes has...Dallas will have to say...get fucking real here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Dak is worth about 65% of Mahomes. Maybe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dak is worth about 65% of Mahomes. Maybe.
    I'd say that's about right. Trying hard not to be prejudiced since I'm an Eagles fan and Dallas hate is in my DNA, Prescott's value is around $30 million per season, anything more than that and Jerrah is flushing money down the toilet.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd say that's about right. Trying hard not to be prejudiced since I'm an Eagles fan and Dallas hate is in my DNA, Prescott's value is around $30 million per season, anything more than that and Jerrah is flushing money down the toilet.
    According to reports Prescott turned down an offer of like $33-35 million a season. Dallas had like a 4th or 5th season on it and Prescott rejected it wanting a shorter deal so he can get more big contract money again.

I'd give Dak $30-31M. That's the max. I'd rather dump money into Cam, personally. If I wanted that kind of QB ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Heck, I’m in Kansas City, and I’d say there’s also an understanding by the organization that fans will never turn against the contract, even if it adds to a salary cap issue later. The guy won a Super Bowl in his 3rd year on his rookie contract; he’s going to be a king of KC for the rest of his life and his contract has an element of being a prize he’s earned.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I've yet to meet a KC fan that has complained about the contract.

So in a video that doesn't surprise me , Terry Bradshaw admitted he didn't think Mahomes was gonna be special coming out of Texas Tech. That he saw him as another of those red gun QB's in a wide open system that won't translate. That he had an ok debut the final week of the season. But the last 2 seasons and winning the Super Bowl made him a believer in Pat Mahomes and what he can do.

That the Mahomes deal which as KC released paperwork on is so cap friendly that the deal allows KC to pretty much work around the cap by just paying Mahomes $39.5+ million annual salary from 2022 onward , he clearly was thinking team goals. That as a marquee talent , maybe the biggest one in NFL right now Mahomes could have demanded a $40-45 million a year deal and really pushed for it. But he didn't...

Bradshaw brought up Prescott and said he shouldn't feel bad if he gets $30-35 million. That is still a lotta money right there.

In a comical deal Bradshaw brought up his contracts as a Steelers QB. His biggest deal he detailed on Cowherd was $300,000 and he comically to buy some farm and tractor had to borrow money against it to make the deal. That is how far contracts have went up.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in a video that doesn't surprise me , Terry Bradshaw admitted he didn't think Mahomes was gonna be special coming out of Texas Tech. That he saw him as another of those red gun QB's in a wide open system that won't translate. That he had an ok debut the final week of the season. But the last 2 seasons and winning the Super Bowl made him a believer in Pat Mahomes and what he can do.

That the Mahomes deal which as KC released paperwork on is so cap friendly that the deal allows KC to pretty much work around the cap by just paying Mahomes $39.5+ million annual salary from 2022 onward , he clearly was thinking team goals. That as a marquee talent , maybe the biggest one in NFL right now Mahomes could have demanded a $40-45 million a year deal and really pushed for it. But he didn't...

Bradshaw brought up Prescott and said he shouldn't feel bad if he gets $30-35 million. That is still a lotta money right there.

In a comical deal Bradshaw brought up his contracts as a Steelers QB. His biggest deal he detailed on Cowherd was $300,000 and he comically to buy some farm and tractor had to borrow money against it to make the deal. That is how far contracts have went up.
    In Bradshaw's defense the list of incredibly mobile QBs who failed to deliver used to be "All of them."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In Bradshaw's defense the list of incredibly mobile QBs who failed to deliver used to be "All of them."
    It wasn't Mahomes mobility that sold him though. Yeah he personally led the team in rushing in a playoff game or 2 as we saw this year , but the main selling point was his cannon for an arm and his wild gunslinger approach. That his arm carried him to throw for a **** load of yards at Texas Tech and that air raid system. Basically scouts saw him as a David Klingler. Both men had huge cannons for arms , set tons of insane college passing records due to college systems they ran and both were coming out of Texas schools.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And Minnesota's Fran Tarkenton was pretty much at the top of that list.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It wasn't Mahomes mobility that sold him though. Yeah he personally led the team in rushing in a playoff game or 2 as we saw this year , but the main selling point was his cannon for an arm and his wild gunslinger approach. That his arm carried him to throw for a **** load of yards at Texas Tech and that air raid system. Basically scouts saw him as a David Klingler. Both men had huge cannons for arms , set tons of insane college passing records due to college systems they ran and both were coming out of Texas schools.
    Thing about Mahomes is that he is smart and able to adapt. He doesn't just rely on his youth, physicality (which is fleeting) and doing crazy-ass throws or scrambles. He actually uses his brain. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's got the physical abilities too!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mahomes is just as good in the pocket as he is out.

He could sling if he couldn't move.