Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm rather surprised. I mean, what Tannehill did with Tennessee last season could've been seen as a dead cat bounce, given his pedestrian years in Miami. I know he was a free agent, but the Titans should've waited another season to see if he was the real deal before committing to that sort of money.
    They had to. Who on the open market is better? If Tom Brady was younger then him obviously but at his age you just don't know what your going to get and there were cracks showing last season. Rivers showed serious age decline. Dalton is a wash with Tannehill. Cam Newton is a huge risk because you don't know if he's going to be healthy. They draft too far down to get one of the top rookies and besides which they are in superbowl now mode.

And as a long suffering Miami fan I can tell you that Tannehill never really got a good opportunity in Miami. The Joe Philbin era was a disaster as he was a bad coach. Then Adam Gase is the most overrated play caller in history whose reputation was built by Peyton Manning calling audibles at the line. You saw classic Adam Gase last season in New York when he misused Leveon Bell all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And it looks like SanFran isn't all that interested either. Brady's age puts him in serious uncharted territory as a starter, so it shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of teams aren't willing to take that kind of risk, even for someone with the career he had. I'm sure most teams think the operative word is 'had' and not 'has.'
    Brady's best bets if he doesn't stay in New England are Indianapolis and Tampa. Indy has a solid offensive line and Arians in Tampa likes his old QB's and Tampa has great offensive receivers for Brady to throw to.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Brady's best bets if he doesn't stay in New England are Indianapolis and Tampa. Indy has a solid offensive line and Arians in Tampa likes his old QB's and Tampa has great offensive receivers for Brady to throw to.
    I still believe Brady will return to New England. However, if I'm proven wrong, I think he'll go to Indy to play for Frank Reich who's shown himself to be a darn good head coach.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I still believe Brady will return to New England. However, if I'm proven wrong, I think he'll go to Indy to play for Frank Reich who's shown himself to be a darn good head coach.
    Heads would explode in NE if that happened. It might be worth it just to see my father's Indy-Lovin and Hating-All-Things-Brady head explode along with them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm rather surprised. I mean, what Tannehill did with Tennessee last season could've been seen as a dead cat bounce, given his pedestrian years in Miami. I know he was a free agent, but the Titans should've waited another season to see if he was the real deal before committing to that sort of money.
    They should have worked a deal (with a good escape clause) with Henry. Nothing huge like the hole the Rams are in with their RB being hurt now. But a decent deal which they can do with Henry. Then you tag Tannehill for a season to see if he has a solid year #2. Because he's as big an unknown as Brady's age.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And it looks like SanFran isn't all that interested either. Brady's age puts him in serious uncharted territory as a starter, so it shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of teams aren't willing to take that kind of risk, even for someone with the career he had. I'm sure most teams think the operative word is 'had' and not 'has.'
    The 49ers have Jimmy and committed huge money to. A fact many are now debating that logic as someone on NFL.Com questioned , your paying Jimmy a huge price but he can't make the key throws to win a Super Bowl that are there ? They wouldn't look good ditching Garappolo so soon after that deal to chase Tom Brady for a season or two.

Brady really has to watch where he winds up though. Because as Montana warned a team may not fit how he works and it will be disaster. So yeah like you I believe he'll end up back in New England on a 1 or 2 year deal to finish his career out. (unless he wisely decides , ya know I have won enough and accomplished enough. CBS , Fox and MNF just called me ...I'm taking a booth job...)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    They had to. Who on the open market is better? If Tom Brady was younger then him obviously but at his age you just don't know what your going to get and there were cracks showing last season. Rivers showed serious age decline. Dalton is a wash with Tannehill. Cam Newton is a huge risk because you don't know if he's going to be healthy. They draft too far down to get one of the top rookies and besides which they are in superbowl now mode.

And as a long suffering Miami fan I can tell you that Tannehill never really got a good opportunity in Miami. The Joe Philbin era was a disaster as he was a bad coach. Then Adam Gase is the most overrated play caller in history whose reputation was built by Peyton Manning calling audibles at the line. You saw classic Adam Gase last season in New York when he misused Leveon Bell all season.
    Exactly trigger. Plus an O Line that gave sacks away like candy. This deal really gives Tenn two years of a QB that lead them to a conference final game. They can move on after that if they decide. Or keep him for four.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ha, what? I've never heard that, exactly though. 29 mil a year is a lot for pedestrian, even if you don't have many options.

However, if I'm proven wrong, I think he'll go to Indy to play for Frank Reich who's shown himself to be a darn good head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman
    It might be worth it just to see my father's Indy-Lovin and Hating-All-Things-Brady head explode along with them.

This will not go over well, believe that. I'd stick with Brissett if that's what I'm left with.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They should have worked a deal (with a good escape clause) with Henry. Nothing huge like the hole the Rams are in with their RB being hurt now. But a decent deal which they can do with Henry. Then you tag Tannehill for a season to see if he has a solid year #2. Because he's as big an unknown as Brady's age.
    This.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I don't see Brady to Indy...ESPECIALLLY after INDY's role in deflategate.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I don't see Brady to Indy...ESPECIALLLY after INDY's role in deflategate.
    Oh, damn! Forgot about that!

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Cowboys put the franchise tag on Dak Prescott.

Rapport pointed if Brady doesn't leave and comes back to NE, he's probably going to have another revenge tour-type season and do some crazy stuff nobody expected.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rapport pointed if Brady doesn't leave and comes back to NE, he's probably going to have another revenge tour-type season and do some crazy stuff nobody expected.
    That might've meant a lot say, five years ago. Today, with Brady pushing 43, I doubt he's as feared as he once was.

Oh, damn! Forgot about that!
    Apparently Indy has had discussion with Rivers...which makes sense to me.

And my god did Bill O'Brien make the dumbest trade i've seen in a while:
    Cardinals acquire WR DeAndre Hopkins from Texans for RB David Johnson, 2nd-round pick (they're also swapping 4th round picks but still)
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

That might've meant a lot say, five years ago. Today, with Brady pushing 43, I doubt he's as feared as he once was.
    Every time they say he's done and counted out ... bad stuff happens. Just saying.

Even last year, he was still better than more than half the league at his worst.

Also, this new cap-space rule makes it see more likely he stays.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Bill O'Brien is the dumbest man in football.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El