Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nick Saban, Pat Hill, Kirk Ferentz would fight you on that one.

O'Brien and Vrabel are on the fence but so far, so good.

Judge and Flores it is too soon to tell.

Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels, Groh, Patricia have been garbage.

That's still a pretty good tree. It's not Parcells but give it time. It's just getting started.
    Two coaches from Andy Reid’s tree (Jim Harbaugh, Doug Pederson) have won Super Bowls. I’d say that gives Big Red an advantage over Darth Hoodie.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nick Saban, Pat Hill, Kirk Ferentz would fight you on that one.

O'Brien and Vrabel are on the fence but so far, so good.

Judge and Flores it is too soon to tell.

Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels, Groh, Patricia have been garbage.

That's still a pretty good tree. It's not Parcells but give it time. It's just getting started.
    Crennel and Weis at least count as part of the Parcels tree rather than Belichick. They started under the Tuna, not the Hoodie.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Todd Haley would count as a Parcells tree hire with Pioli a Parcells/Belichick one who hired him as a GM. So its a another notched failure for a Belichick tree there as Kansas City really had a bad run there.

Speaking of Andy Reid and how fate worked out for KC. Reid at one point according to a report nearly signed with Arizona . In fact it was Clark Hunt who saw Reid was close to going there and quickly made a jump move to get him. He also gave Reid the power over the personnel on the field and a hand in getting the GM he wanted.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

A day after Myles Garrett again said that Mason Rudolph used a racial slur during a game that led to the brawl ; Rudolph and Mike Tomlin fired back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...garretts-claim

"1000% False. Bold-Faced Lie. I did not, have not, and would not utter a racial slur. This is a disgusting and reckless attempt to assassinate my character," Rudolph tweeted Saturday morning.

"I support Mason Rudolph not only because I know him, but also because I was on the field immediately following the altercation with Myles Garrett, and subsequently after the game," the statement read. "I interacted with a lot of people in the Cleveland Browns organization -- players and coaches. If Mason said what Myles claimed, it would have come out during the many interactions I had with those in the Browns' organization. In my conversations, I had a lot of expressions of sorrow for what transpired. I received no indication of anything racial or anything of that nature in those interactions."

Tomlin points out in the article that the officials never picked up anyone saying this during the game , no one on the Browns heard this as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News , the Arizona Cardinals may have gotten a nice steal from the CFL. They signed Chris Streveler from the CFL after a 2 season run where Streveler was like a Taysom Hill/Kordell Stewart type with passing and throwing the ball. His duel threat style helped the Blue Bombers win the Grey Cup championship. Also he celebrated in a cool near Travis Kelce fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A day after Myles Garrett again said that Mason Rudolph used a racial slur during a game that led to the brawl ; Rudolph and Mike Tomlin fired back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...garretts-claim

"I support Mason Rudolph not only because I know him, but also because I was on the field immediately following the altercation with Myles Garrett, and subsequently after the game," the statement read. "I interacted with a lot of people in the Cleveland Browns organization -- players and coaches. If Mason said what Myles claimed, it would have come out during the many interactions I had with those in the Browns' organization. In my conversations, I had a lot of expressions of sorrow for what transpired. I received no indication of anything racial or anything of that nature in those interactions."

Tomlin points out in the article that the officials never picked up anyone saying this during the game , no one on the Browns heard this as well.
    I think I read somewhere that Garrett demanded that the league review video during the incident to back up his specious claim that Rudolph used a racial slur, but the league said that while cameras ran, microphones were turned off. Looks like Garrett is going to die on that hill.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Garrett demanded that the league review video during the incident to back up his specious claim that Rudolph used a racial slur, but the league said that while cameras ran, microphones were turned off. Looks like Garrett is going to die on that hill.
    It sadly will never be settled. Because as the NFL has said after the ball is snapped , the mics are shut off. Garrett claims Rudolph said it as he was being sacked. Rudolph denied it then and now.

Now both men will be defined by this during their careers and what happens after it. They will be examined by fellow players to see who is lying .

Even though the Mics were turned off I am sure that there were other players who were close enough to hear if something like that was said. No one on either team has come forward to back his claim. That says a lot to me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It sadly will never be settled. Because as the NFL has said after the ball is snapped , the mics are shut off. Garrett claims Rudolph said it as he was being sacked. Rudolph denied it then and now.

Now both men will be defined by this during their careers and what happens after it. They will be examined by fellow players to see who is lying .
    There are no winners in this mess. Garrett winds up being a liar for playing the race card while Rudolph is tarred as a racist, even if there’s no evidence of same.

Want to know a difference on how 2 teams handled hurt players and why one teams culture was piss poor leading to a coaching and GM change ? Lets examine it by starting on the classy way the Steelers have handled the Ryan Shazier situation.

Shazier was a Pro Bowl LB who sadly suffered a serious neck injury in late 2017. He has been working on walking and a comeback to playing. Now the Steelers could have left Shazier go after 2018 but instead carried him on the team and made sure he got paid his salary and that his medical insurance was paid. This was in 2019 but they did it for Shazier and have supported him since with this.

Now that Shazier is approaching free agency as his contract is running out the Steelers maybe out of options to keep Shazier unless they resign him. Which how they handled this in such a class way they could. But its speaks volumes to how good this organization has been.

Lets compare this to the Washington Redskins who as Trent Williams claimed the medical staff for them didn't diagnose a cancerous growth on his head since 2013 and he had to have surgery done ASAP this year to remove it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rent-williams/

So how bad was it that Williams wanted a trade (and couldn't get one) then came back and had issues with his head healing and helmet fitting , so the team decided to go ahead and save $6 million by placing him on injured reserve. This after what he went through already.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...st/2522248001/

"But the culture...the culture is pretty damn good." - Bruce Allen after firing a coach at 1-5.

Watching Pro Football Talk, Mike Florio came up with a theory as to why Myles Garrett continues saying Mason Rudolph used a racial slur: Garrett wants to avoid being the next Vontaze Burfict because of questionable actions on the field.

Incredible Member

Tomlin on the accusation

According to NBC Sports , the Raiders are prepared to offer Tom Brady a 2 year $60+ million dollar contract once free agency begins. Pretty much starting Jon Gruden's love of musical QB's again.

According to NBC Sports , the Raiders are prepared to offer Tom Brady a 2 year $60+ million dollar contract once free agency begins. Pretty much starting Jon Gruden's love of musical QB's again.
    Kinda sorta makes sense. Vegas needs a splashy signing to spark interest in a new city with new fans, who better to provide that spark but Tom Terrific?

NFL News...

- Joe Burrow has told he has "leverage" coming into the 2020 NFL Draft. Its rumored Burrow may do what some believe John Elway and Eli Manning did and demand a trade to not play for the Bengals in 2020.

- Potential trade rumors are blowing for Le'Veon Bell (RB) , Cam Newton , Darrius Slay (CB) and Andy Dalton. Newton's name is popping up more as the rebuild in Carolina could be way bigger than imagined and the Panthers could look to move on. Plus with a deep QB draft get the heir to the job selected.

- Arizona managed to lock up a free agent before free agency by signing D.J Humphries (LT) . Getting Humphries signed was a must as he is Kyler Murray's blindside protector at LT. He signed a new 3 year deal worth up to $45 million. $30 million is guaranteed the 1st , 2 seasons.

- Cleveland's new GM jumped in quick and has started releasing several players. Andrew Berry released T.J Carrie (CB) , Eric Kush (Guard) , Demetrius Harris (TE) and Adarius Taylor (LB). Carrie was the biggest release as he had signed a 4 year $31+ million dollar contract in 2018. This move will free up $13.3 million in cap space for the Browns.

- Drew Brees announced he would return for his 20th NFL season on Instagram today.