Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Funny cuz I heard it from a Redskins beat writer
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Funny cuz I heard it from a Redskins beat writer
    Then he clearly is trying to sell Raider fans the trade was worthwhile 2 years in. Because again no one is reporting this beyond one guy.

NBC Sports doesn't even mention a trade of Mack and they discuss Bears trade options (which is slim at this point).

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...outing-combine
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In NFL News...

- Reports are Robert Kraft has told Tom Brady they will let him look at other offers out there and get back to them on possibly matching it. A big question mark is what team will decide to hand Brady more than what its rumored the Patriots were gonna hand Brady ($30+ million for a season). Whether this happens or not we will see. But Brady is gonna test free agency.

A likely landing spot could be Chargers who just allowed Phillip Rivers to leave after 16 seasons as a starter. Rivers has claimed he still believes he can play at a high level.

- Former Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers was hired as a special defensive assistant by the Minnesota Vikings this past week.

- Tua Tagovailoa had his hip examined and his fracture has healed. Which is good news for the young QB as he gets closer to team interviews and the NFL Draft. Possible landing places for Tua is the Dolphins or Chargers.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The NFL reinstated Myles Garrett from the suspended list this afternoon. His indefinite suspension lasted 6 games.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

NFL News...

- Unlike years earlier where the Bengals once tried to stop Carson Palmer from being traded ; Andy Dalton and the Bengals are gonna work together to find him a good trade. Its said that the Bengals will try to get a draft pick but Dalton's $17.7 left on a 1 year deal could be hard to move. So the team may have to eat half his salary to make a trade work for them and Dalton. Also this free agency QB class will be pretty big with Brady , Rivers and a couple others involved.

- Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy is being looked at by Colorado University as a coaching hire. Its expected that Bieniemy may pass on this as his name is starting to be discussed as a possible NFL coaching candidate in 2021. Also the fact he would have to dive into recruiting on short notice.

- A big rumor talking heads are discussing is that Dallas could franchise tag Dak Prescott and possibly dangle him in trade talks to a team. The Cowboys may not be wanting to pay Prescott the rumored demand of $40+ million a season. A fact everyone has said if anyone was to get that $40 million number its likely gonna be Pat Mahomes given his last 2 seasons of work. (and its debated Mahomes may not even ask for that total)

- The Jaguars have signed former NY Giants coach Ben McAdoo to be QB coach.

- The Falcons are rumored to be looking at Devonta Freeman (RB) contract as he will not count as much against the cap to cut this season as he did the last few years. Freeman signed a big extension and was coming off 3 big seasons in Atlanta but the last 2 years have had injuries derail him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Unlike years earlier where the Bengals once tried to stop Carson Palmer from being traded ; Andy Dalton and the Bengals are gonna work together to find him a good trade. Its said that the Bengals will try to get a draft pick but Dalton's $17.7 left on a 1 year deal could be hard to move. So the team may have to eat half his salary to make a trade work for them and Dalton. Also this free agency QB class will be pretty big with Brady , Rivers and a couple others involved.
    Is there a team out there looking to go 9-7 or so and lose in the first round of the playoffs provided they have a top-tier O-Line and potential Hall of Fame receiver to make him look good? Because that's the ceiling with Andy Dalton. Also, if you want to lose in primetime games.

*thinks about it*

Elway might do it to back up Drew Lock.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The NFL reinstated Myles Garrett from the suspended list this afternoon. His indefinite suspension lasted 6 games.

-M
    Can't say that surprises me. And I'm guessing the Browns will welcome Garrett back with open arms.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL News ...

- Lamaar Houston (LB) announced his retirement after signing a 1 day contract with the Raiders. An original 2nd rd pick by them in 2010 ; he played 5 seasons with them before signing a huge contract in 2014 with the Chicago Bears. Houston never could equal his production due to injuries. Out of the league the last 2 seasons Houston made it official.

- Nick Caserio is staying in New England after signing a contract extension. Caserio was being considered a big GM candidate and has been director of player personnel since 2008. He has served a variety of roles on New England since joining the franchise in 2001. The Texans were rumored last year to be looking at Caserio but after giving Bill O'Brien GM role this ended rumors of that.

- Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn fired back at rumors the Lions are looking to trade Matthew Stafford to the Detroit Free Press saying it was 100% False. The Lions hold the #3 draft pick and while Stafford since 2009 has never won a playoff game in that span ; the Lions likely are keeping him for 2020 after several factors. One of them is in December Stafford restructured his deal to give cap room to the Lions and took money off the 2020 cap to do a roster bonus. Also if the Lions did trade him he would count $32+ million against the cap in dead money.

Also the Ford's have came out and told Mike Patricia and Bob Quinn they are under fire to WIN or else in 2020. So the team would need a veteran QB in 2020 to help them. If somehow Tua does fall that far the Lions could draft him and make him sit a season to make sure his hip is fully healed plus learn a season.

Don't mind me, just clearing my throat, AHEM...

New York Guardians at DC Defenders
    FanDuel Spread: Defenders -6.5
    Our Consensus Spread: Defenders -3.2
    FanDuel Total: 48
    Kickoff: 2 p.m. ET on Saturday
    TV: ABC
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn fired back at rumors the Lions are looking to trade Matthew Stafford to the Detroit Free Press saying it was 100% False. The Lions hold the #3 draft pick and while Stafford since 2009 has never won a playoff game in that span ; the Lions likely are keeping him for 2020 after several factors. One of them is in December Stafford restructured his deal to give cap room to the Lions and took money off the 2020 cap to do a roster bonus. Also if the Lions did trade him he would count $32+ million against the cap in dead money.

Also the Ford's have came out and told Mike Patricia and Bob Quinn they are under fire to WIN or else in 2020. So the team would need a veteran QB in 2020 to help them. If somehow Tua does fall that far the Lions could draft him and make him sit a season to make sure his hip is fully healed plus learn a season.
    With the domestic issues in Matt Patricia's background, the fact that he's been given 2 years to be so mediocre is mind-blowing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    With the domestic issues in Matt Patricia's background, the fact that he's been given 2 years to be so mediocre is mind-blowing.
    I think everyone knows Patricia is in over his head as a head coach. People keep trying to recreate the Patriots and it fails each time. You would think teams would realize after the repeated failures in Cleveland , NY Jets , Kansas City , and Detroit ...that this isn't gonna work.

Only 1 guy seemingly did better once he left the Patriots and its Dimitroff in Atlanta. But he's on the hot seat now after a decade as he has to hope the current coach can turn it around or he could be out like him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't say that surprises me. And I'm guessing the Browns will welcome Garrett back with open arms.
    They'll probably gift him a new helmet that is easier to remove and has Kung Fu grip.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Jim Caldwell won as many games (nine) in 2017, his last season in Detroit as Patricia in 2018 and 19 combined. More proof the Belichick coaching tree is mostly barren.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL News...

- Teams are starting to get the jump on roster cuts ahead of free agency. Today the Washington Redskins cut Josh Norman (CB) and Paul Richardson (WR). Richardson has never lived up to the 5 year $40 million he signed as a free agent in 2018. Due to injuries he has only played in 17 games and has only 507 receiving yards.

Josh Norman was due $12.5 million for the season but as his age and abilities slipped he rarely played the last 6 games. Norman had signed a big money deal in 2016.

- Speaking of Myles Garrett , he has again claimed that Mason Rudolph said the N word which sparked that brawl. The NFL and team investigated this claim and could find no evidence this happened.

- Baltimore Ravens released Tony Jefferson (safety) as he was due $11.6 million. Jefferson signed a big free agent deal in 2017 and had played great for the club before he suffered an ACL injury in 2019. His backup Chuck Clark filled in great and was rewarded with a 3 year extension for that. This moves allows Jefferson who is healing to get a jump on finding a team in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jim Caldwell won as many games (nine) in 2017, his last season in Detroit as Patricia in 2018 and 19 combined. More proof the Belichick coaching tree is mostly barren.
    Nick Saban, Pat Hill, Kirk Ferentz would fight you on that one.

O'Brien and Vrabel are on the fence but so far, so good.

Judge and Flores it is too soon to tell.

Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels, Groh, Patricia have been garbage.

That's still a pretty good tree. It's not Parcells but give it time. It's just getting started.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium