Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    New CBA going to be released soon. Playoff expansion is most likely a certainty from what i've been reading and league will likely get that 17th game. Always tryin' to fk up a good thing. Josh Allen's performance in the 2019 Wild Card game alone is a strong argument for keeping the 6 team per conference structure we've had this long. 9-7, 8-8, maybe even a 7-9 team is going to be the norm going into the playoffs now at least once in either conference.
    The easiest way to stretch the schedule is to add a second bye week. That adds another week to the season, and if they could commit to one of the two byes always being before the Thursday game every team plays, could remove some of the complaints around those as well.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Apparently the top 3 legitimate landings spots for Brady are (in order):

1. Tennessee
    2. Las Vegas
    3. New England

The dark horse is the Chargers but many think they don't have enough capitol to make it work. The other 3 have the ability to surround Tom with weapons, which he flat out said is a requirement with a new deal for any team. He's asking for $60-70M, with $30-40M of that being spent on some combination of WRs/TEs/OLs.

And the only other things we know is that the Titans, Raiders, Chargers, and Browns are the only teams his agent said are scheduled to meet with TB12 on March 16.

The NE reps have been meeting with him once a week since the week after the SB.

FUN FACT: If TB12 goes to the Titans, his coach will be somebody he threw TD passes to.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-21-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The easiest way to stretch the schedule is to add a second bye week.
    How that gone work though- bye's start after what, week 4, end 4 weeks before. I don't want my team on a bye after week 2. Only way I can see that is if there's a bye before the playoffs start and even then that would be just for the remaining field. Now it's come out that there will be 3 games wildcard weekend and only the top seed gets a bye...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That adds another week to the season, and if they could commit to one of the two byes always being before the Thursday game every team plays, could remove some of the complaints around those as well.
    And they are taking away a pre-season game for that 17th game right? I don't know, seems that would increase the load on the existing bye schedule on some level. If an additional bye is put in place, some team albeit the best one in the conference will get three bye weeks right? Help me make sense of it Gray.

Aside from that, can anybody argue that the quality of the playoff football will undoubtedly suffer? I think if these changes had happened this year Pittsburgh and the Cowboys or Rams would have gotten in? Bleh, I don't like it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The playoff change is happening because it does not require a CBA to change. The league can just change that.

The bigger change is that the bye team gets a playoff paycheck now. Before, none of the playoff bye teams did.

Apparently the CBA was not a slam dunk with the owners, with many voting against last night.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could see Cam and Bell landing on the same team.

Raiders or Phins are my guesses.
    No chance on the Phins. They are my team, thus my knowledge. We have Fitzpatrick under contract for another year and he played out of his mind last season and was the heart and soul of the team leading them to a 5-4 record the last nine games despite no running game and possibly the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL. The locker room loves him. And he wants to come back to the Dolphins. So he isn't going anywhere.

Then we have Rosen for peanuts. The Cardinals already paid the bulk of his salary so barring a highly unlikely trade offer for him he is an extremely cheap backup and some think he could still be salvaged as a quality NFL QB. He had zero chance last year behind that line as young QB's need time to learn to read a defense and work through projections and this O-line gave him none. Fitzpatrick was able to succeed by running for his life and he already understands the nuances of progressions.

And we are undoubtedly drafting a QB. So thats 3 QB's on the roster. We aren't looking at any in free agency.

Apparently the top 3 legitimate landings spots for Brady are (in order):

1. Tennessee
    2. Las Vegas
    3. New England

The dark horse is the Chargers but many think they don't have enough capitol to make it work. The other 3 have the ability to surround Tom with weapons, which he flat out said is a requirement with a new deal for any team. He's asking for $60-70M, with $30-40M of that being spent on some combination of WRs/TEs/OLs.

And the only other things we know is that the Titans, Raiders, Chargers, and Browns are the only teams his agent said are scheduled to meet with TB12 on March 16.

The NE reps have been meeting with him once a week since the week after the SB.

FUN FACT: If TB12 goes to the Titans, his coach will be somebody he threw TD passes to.
    My nightmare is that Tennessee signs Brady and the Titans then release Tannehill. The Patriots then sign Tannehill and Darth Hoodie turns him into an MVP type of QB and the Patriots go on to another decade of dominance. It would be the most Dolphin thing ever for the QB they gave up on to go to the Patriots and then dominate them. Cuz we've seen this movie before, we gave up on Wes Welker and he then went to the Patriots and dominated for years.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    My nightmare is that Tennessee signs Brady and the Titans then release Tannehill. The Patriots then sign Tannehill and Darth Hoodie turns him into an MVP type of QB and the Patriots go on to another decade of dominance. It would be the most Dolphin thing ever for the QB they gave up on to go to the Patriots and then dominate them. Cuz we've seen this movie before, we gave up on Wes Welker and he then went to the Patriots and dominated for years.
    Eh, I still think Brady is staying.

Hey Trigger, as a fellow Dolphins fan, i can't help but nod my head in agreement on what you say about our sad franchise.

At least the hated Jets have to deal with the QB ruining Gase.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eh, I still think Brady is staying.
    Even his hero Montana has said Brady should stay.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don't see how Brady is that much of an upgrade to Tannerhill, given he is obviously on the decline and the league has moved from his type of play. Tannerhill was only behind Drew Brees in the second half of the season. Of course we don't know if Tenn is keeping him.
    Truthfully, he should have retired after his last SB.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Brady is really in uncharted territory as a QB goes for someone at his age and time. There hasn't been a starting QB as I pointed out past 40 who has been a starter. DeBerg and Testeverde were backup QB's who held on that way after 39/40. Meanwhile we have Brady who has been starting at age 42 and plans to start at 43. Which is really unseen before. Because where as Peyton Manning fell off a cliff at age 39 as we saw ; Brady is out there playing better than half the league.

Its just Brady can't do what he did at age 33 and carry a team fully on his back with WR's like Reche Caldwell. He needs some help and how he managed to get production from this cast at WR with Phillip Dorsett , Sanu (who came over in a trade but could be cut) , a 1st rd potential bust in Harry , Jacobi Myers and Matthew Slater. Only Edelman is a constant performer for Brady but when he was out , the WR corps was basically depending on Tom Brady at 42 to carry it all.

But its amazing to see a 42 year old still better than half the leagues starters out there. It really is amazing that teams would push QB's like Tannehill , Rivers , and Carr to get a guy who has a 2 year window left. And is 42. Just amazing to see that in todays NFL.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL News....

- The NFL and NFLPA agreed while working on a new CBA to push back the tag deadline 2 extra days this year. Now teams will have til March 12th to franchise and tender tag players.

- Green Bay signed Mason Crosby to a 3 year contract extension worth $12.9 million . This will keep Crosby the kicker with Green Bay til he's 38.

- Colorado University was turned down by Eric Beinemy this past week. Today they signed Miami Dolphins assistant coach Karl Dorrell to be the next couch for the school.

- Baltimore has signed Don "Wink" Martindale to a 3 year contract extension. This makes Martindale the highest paid defensive coordinator in the league.

- Danny Amendola signed a 1 year extension with the Detroit Lions. Amendola was rumored to be possibly headed back to New England but instead will spend another season with Lions in 2020.

- The Lions have been busy. They also released Damon "Snacks" Harrison (DT) and have sent out notices they are looking to trade the #3 pick in the draft. Many rumors are Miami could trade up for a QB. Also the Lions seem interested in trading Darrius Slay (CB) if the offer is right.

- Matt McGloin is becoming the most famous XFL player for being a complete ass it seems. McGloin threw his entire coaches and team under the bus in a rant on camera and then one one on the sideline. Comically McGloin was benched in the 4th quarter for being terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I don't think Tannehill has a decade of dominance in him. He's 31 already and is injury prone. There's no way he'll be able to play effectively until 42.

OMG Kevin Gilbride. As the car mechanic once said to the customer - there's your problem right there!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I don't think Tannehill has a decade of dominance in him. He's 31 already and is injury prone. There's no way he'll be able to play effectively until 42.
    Dark Hoodie would take 5-7 years.