Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Al Davis would be like , I must draft that guy 1st rd overall ! lol
    If you bench 225 as a punter/kicker, you should be a Raider by default.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He needs to be drafted 1st rd overall above any sane reason. That is usually how Al Davis would draft.

"Does he have speed ?"

Ya know watching Kansas City's speed offense they run I bet Al Davis is thinking , we coulda had Tyreek Hill , Watkins and Hardman. WTF Raiders ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News..

- This years NFL Salary cap is expected to be $200 million. Which is another $10-12 million gain from 2019.

- Tony Romo signed a huge extension with CBS which will pay him $17 million a year as an announcer. Romo's rookie deal with CBS was set to expire and they moved quick to keep him with Jim Nantz.

26 years ago the NFL Salary cap was ...$34.6 million. Which is astounding to see how much league has grown and the cap has in that span. Anyhow here is an article discussing how the 49ers had to work the cap when it 1st started.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-sal...ting-procedure
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Or New England - Bill likes his odd special teams players, and one of his former punters (Zoltan Mesko IIRC) was another guy who put up linebacker numbers at the combine.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

- Tony Romo signed a huge extension with CBS which will pay him $17 million a year as an announcer. Romo's rookie deal with CBS was set to expire and they moved quick to keep him with Jim Nantz.
    Does Romo make more dough as an announcer, or shilling shoes with Sketchers?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Does Romo make more dough as an announcer, or shilling shoes with Sketchers?
    No idea , I think Romo has grew as an announcer. But that deal is insane. As an article points out at his peak John Madden was making $8+ million a year as an announcer.

That is around the same Romo made as QB at Dallas.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is around the same Romo made as QB at Dallas.
    Being an announcer and NFL player are both different things though. If I'm Jon Gruden once the Raiders experiment ends again ; he needs to demand $20 million a year for his services TV wise if Romo is worth $17 million a year.

Kurt Warner broke down some of Pat Mahomes big plays.

"No one takes an 11 step drop from shotgun I have seen."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Garth Brooks wore a Barry Sanders jersey in Detroit. Some thought it was a Bernie Sanders endorsement

Remember that time Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). amazed Detroit Lions fans for 10 seasons culminating in a 2004 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Probably not. But according to a number of Garth Brooks fans, the country music singer’s decision to wear a No. 20 Lions jersey at a recent concert in Detroit was a political statement and not an ode to one of the greatest running backs in NFL history, Barry Sanders.

Brooks, who performed Saturday at Detroit’s Ford Field, posted a seemingly harmless photo on Instagram of himself wearing the silver jersey with Sanders’s name adorning the back. That didn’t sit too well with some of his followers, who apparently don’t recall the star running back who rushed for 15,269 yards and 99 touchdowns over an illustrious career representing the Motor City.

Which led to this humorous picture I saw on a Facebook NFL football page:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Kurt Warner broke down some of Pat Mahomes big plays.

"No one takes an 11 step drop from shotgun I have seen."
    That's how Brady broke his leg, FWIW.

He might have to change that at some point.

(I want Pat Mahomes around a long time, BTW).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's how Brady broke his leg, FWIW.

He might have to change that at some point.

(I want Pat Mahomes around a long time, BTW).

Actually here is video of it. It was a normal play action , 7 step drop deal. Brady was stepping into the pass as a Chief (Pollard) was falling into his knee. It wasn't out of a shot gun formation or taking 11 steps from it...

Actually here is video of it. It was a normal play action , 7 step drop deal. Brady was stepping into the pass as a Chief (Pollard) was falling into his knee. It wasn't out of a shot gun formation or taking 11 steps from it...
    Still, that drop back can be a career ender. That was my larger point. I don't want to see him hurt. 11 just seems to make it worse.

NFL NEWS...

- Pat Mahomes is working this off season on his injury prevention work as he plans to be 100% fully by 2020 starts. He also is now going through work he plans to do on his footwork and pocket skills. As Mahomes claims he wants to be better on those skills. (which is astounding on someone who wants to be even better)

- Andy Dalton's future trade has 2 teams likely to look at getting him. The Chicago Bears and New England Patriots could be the best suitors for Dalton. The Bears have said they want a veteran to push Trubisky possibly in 2020. While the Patriots could be looking to replace Tom Brady.

-The Jaguars plan to franchise tag Yannick Ngakoue (DE) this season. However the 24 year old pass rusher has told the team he doesn't plan to seek a long term deal and wants out of Jacksonville now. This stems from the Jaguars not signing him to a deal last year he wanted. Its expected the Jaguars may approach it like how Kansas City and Seattle handled Dee Ford and Frank Clark. In tagging and trade deals to a high bidder.

Yannick Ngakoue was a 3rd rd pick who out performed a 1st rd pick and has 37.5 sacks in 4 seasons. He is due a big pay day for his play in that span.

- Jeremiah Sirles (OL) has played for 3 teams and started 20 games out of 42 since 2014 announced his retirement at 28.

- At the Scouting Combine ; Jordan Love (QB) was compared to a "poor man's Mahomes" and has started to get raves for his style of play. Love has started to catch fire with the comparisons to Mahomes now.

Still, that drop back can be a career ender. That was my larger point. I don't want to see him hurt. 11 just seems to make it worse.
    At some point Mahomes won't be able to dodge incoming pass rushers, and when that comes the distance will just result in a bigger impact on him. He'll have to be a pocket passer.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.