Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News...

- Today was a sad day for the NFL. One legendary player Tom Dempsey passed at age 73. Dempsey had been battling dementia and alzhiemers since 2013 and Clovid 19 sadly was the culprit that took his life in hospice today. Dempsey is known for this legendary moment...

For over 40+ years the record stood at 63 yards and Dempsey done it with a special boot he wore on his foot as well. But the moment has always lived on since the record stood so long.

- In another sad death today ; former Houston Oilers coach Ed Biles passed away today at 88. Biles was Defensive coordinator and head coach in the classic 70's/80's era of Luv ya Blue period. Biles was head coach of the Oilers from 1981 to 1983 when he resigned and he never coached again in the NFL.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Does Michael Vick belong in the Hall of Fame? Lamar Jackson sparks debate

What do you think? Even if you somehow manage to ignore Vick's time in prison, I'm not sure he has the stats to make it in. No Super Bowl wins (or appearances), no league MVP trophies, no All-Pro selections. Sure, Vick electrified the game when he played, but is that enough for Canton?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

What do you think? Even if you somehow manage to ignore Vick's time in prison, I'm not sure he has the stats to make it in. No Super Bowl wins (or appearances), no league MVP trophies, no All-Pro selections. Sure, Vick electrified the game when he played, but is that enough for Canton?
    Beyond setting the record currently for QB's with rushing yards (6,000+ yards career wise) then ..no. He doesn't really deserve a Hall of Fame nod. Vick had some solid years earlier in his career for sure. But a big factor on how he got so many rush yards and suffered injuries is because he refused to put work into being a complete QB. A fact Vick years later in Philadelphia admitted he wouldn't put the work in and believed his athletic prowess could carry him for good.

It got so bad in Atlanta as they would let Vick make 3 reads and run if no one was open. Its how he got beaten up physically and had so many rush yards.

I think Vick was a decent QB sure , but even then I'd bring this up on CBR that his work in Atlanta led to 2 coaches to be fired and even Esaison asked who would get fired next under Michael Vick since he couldn't really read a defense fully. Of course back in mid 2000's as I'd critique Vick I was ripped then by a few. But I stood with what I said and years later Vick literally admitted as much that he didn't care to be a full QB in Atlanta and screwed up with that thinking.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL is apparently planning for fan-less games in September at least.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So Tom Brady did an interview with Howard Stern and he detailed how he knew as 2019 was going along he wouldn't be back in New England. As Brady claims he never looked at his career as some big legacy deal. That he never saw it as that. Also he praised Belichick and that they both were equal with the Patriots success basically . He knew it was time to move on.

Also he claims he wants to prove he can still play in 2020 at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    NFL is apparently planning for fan-less games in September at least.
    Provided the season starts on time. I’m not so sure it will.

Wonder what the TV package is going to morph into if there are no games anyone can go see in person.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

It appears the LA Rams aren't done making salary cap moves. They are close to sending Brandin Cooks (WR) to the Texans for a 2nd n 4th rd pick. The trade would have the Rams eat $21 million in dead money for Cooks deal.

Cooks will be due $16+ million this season cap wise. He has 4 years remaining but an option could see him gone after the season.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sad to see Bobby Mitchell also passed away. Broke the color barrier in Washington, 1962.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that XFL 2.0 officially ceased operations and laid off all their workers due to the coronavirus pandemic. While I had zero interest in the rebooted league and never watched so much as one minute of its games, it might have been interesting to see if it could've gained enough traction to make a second season viable, though from what I've read, that wasn't a certainty due to sparse attendance in stadiums and falling ratings on TV. Oh, well, que sera sera.

I love ESPN. I have learned the Steelers will go into next year with Big Ben, Mason, Duck, Jamis, Cam, and they are going to draft Hartz whale they are at it.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

No way. What has he done to make the HOF? His stats don't equal HOF numbers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Tom Brady did an interview with Howard Stern and he detailed how he knew as 2019 was going along he wouldn't be back in New England. As Brady claims he never looked at his career as some big legacy deal. That he never saw it as that. Also he praised Belichick and that they both were equal with the Patriots success basically . He knew it was time to move on.

Also he claims he wants to prove he can still play in 2020 at a high level.
    He's going to have the best offensive weapons in his career outside the two years he had Moss.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It appears the LA Rams aren't done making salary cap moves. They are close to sending Brandin Cooks (WR) to the Texans for a 2nd n 4th rd pick. The trade would have the Rams eat $21 million in dead money for Cooks deal.

Cooks will be due $16+ million this season cap wise. He has 4 years remaining but an option could see him gone after the season.
    This might save Bill O'Brien's job... but if Cooks doesn't deliver a Pro Bowl caliber season around 1,000 yards or he gets injured... it could be the nail in the coffin.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Provided the season starts on time. I’m not so sure it will.
    I'm not sure it will either. They can't jump right into games, they HAVE to have a training camp to get guys in shape and for conditioning. Otherwise players will be dropping like flies in games. So at least a month for training camp and preseason games. That means around the end of September, possibly. I hear people saying the season will be short, like 14 games. My question is why? Even if it starts in October, why can't there still be 16 games and the playoffs? So instead of the SB being played the first weekend of February, it gets played the first weekend of March.