Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, does Manning have the stats to be enshrined in Canton?
    He does not. His win-loss record is 111-103 and his career interception rate is 228. If Eli Manning gets in so does David Tyree imo.

One thing I did see yesterday. The top two players who have grossed the most money in the HISTORY of the NFL are as follows:

Eli Manning at 252 MILLION dollars in salary.

Followed by his brother 18 at 248 MILLION dollars.

If little bro gets into the HOF it will largely be predicated on the Manning name alone. Archie didn't take all them hits in the 70's for nothin', he's seen to that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Which is why I don’t think Eli will opt to be somebody’s hired gun for a playoff push. Meanwhile, does Manning have the stats to be enshrined in Canton?
    No he will not. Nor do I think his draftmates Rapistberger and Rivers will get in. Sure they have the stats but we live in hyper inflated era of passing stats so one only need look at the WR's not getting in to realize voters are cognizant of this. For instance Isaac Bruce currently sits at #5 all time in yards (he was #4 when he first became Hall eligible years ago but Fitzgerald has passed him), #13 in receptions (two spots higher when first became eligible as he's been passed by Fitzgerald and Witten), and #12 in TDs (again passed by Fitzgerald since he became eligible). He is a finalist again this year for the 4th time and probably doesn't get in again. He has the stats but voters take into the account the inflation of passing stats and thus grade him on the curve much like they will do with QB's.

The way I see it is that you have to be considered one of the greatest at your position in your era to be Hall of Fame worthy. Not a one of them is even top 5 of their era and barely top 10 of their era. What they all have going for them is longevity not greatness. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Kurt Warner all overlapped some if not most of their careers. Favre and Warner are already in the Hall and the others will be someday. Then you have current QB's that have more than 1-2 years (thus I'm not going to compare them to Mahomes whom they barely overlap) that are better or at least equivalent to on at least a stat basis: Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan - definitely I feel Wilson is better than them while I think Ryan is equivalent and barring some late career MVPs or superbowl will never sniff the Hall of Fame even though he's going to be top 10 everything by the time he retires.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    He does not. His win-loss record is 111-103 and his career interception rate is 228. If Eli Manning gets in so does David Tyree imo.

One thing I did see yesterday. The top two players who have grossed the most money in the HISTORY of the NFL are as follows:

Eli Manning at 252 MILLION dollars in salary.

Followed by his brother 18 at 248 MILLION dollars.

If little bro gets into the HOF it will largely be predicated on the Manning name alone. Archie didn't take all them hits in the 70's for nothin', he's seen to that.

Manning will go in eventually. He won 2 Super Bowls against 2 highly favored teams in the Patriots. He also was MVP twice. I don't think Eli will go in automatically off the bat , he will wait a couple years. But him and Rothlisberger should both make it at some point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So I watched a nice video detailing Jamesis Winston and the Int break down of his NFL leading 30 he threw in 2019. As a breakdown showed he was responsible for 19/20 Ints himself. The rest was bad routes , hail mary throws and more. But that is still a terrible number for a QB to throw. Plus how the new system he was pushed into didn't help.

- Carson Palmer detailed that Bruce Arians system is so complicated there is over 400+ designed plays and calls to make. That there is so many different formation and situations its like your a rookie QB having to take a new crash course in the league again. To learn this complicated system that Arians runs.

- Palmer threw 22 Ints his 1st season in Arians system and the next year he did way better. Because it took him a season to learn it. Winston could be in same boat.

But here is the thing , in the Int video a lot is simple things a QB knows now. On how NOT to throw into double coverage or knowing a guy isn't open when Winston threw the ball. He's struggled before this and now the question is ...can he run this system ? Can he be better in 2020 ? Also does Arians stick with someone who he clearly showed some problems with in 2019 ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Eli Manning saved America from enduring the Patriots going undefeated.

He's a real american hero
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I've said it before but the Hall is about history. In 100 years, will people be talking about that one time Rivers broke a record (that will have been broken and has been broken again) or when Eli upset the Patriots Evil Empire, twice?

Eli will be going in.

So will Big Ben.

Rivers is the only one that is questionable. And I think he doesn't.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

YYYO... Let's don't get it misconstrued, I ain't out chea being against E by any means. He be the Peoples Champ for life imo. I'm still paying the taxes on the building where he saved us from one of them Patriots Superbowls so... All praises due and the like. I just don't think in the larger context he's one of the guys that gets a speech on August for what and whom I've been led to feel gets in all these decades. My point kinda was hey, how much more does the League owe the man. He's top of the food chain in 1 major metric right?

You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've said it before but the Hall is about history. In 100 years, will people be talking about that one time Rivers broke a record (that will have been broken and has been broken again) or when Eli upset the Patriots Evil Empire, twice?

Eli will be going in.

So will Big Ben.

Rivers is the only one that is questionable. And I think he doesn't.
    Rivers will have a harder road to make it in. His numbers overall are way better than Eli's for sure. But he just never was able to get far in the playoffs or make it to the Super Bowl. Big Ben did it (and still has time for more appearances as he could return).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Don't forget to watch the SENIOR BOWL this Saturday on the NFL Network at 1:30 PM CST.
    Usually over 90% of players from this game are drafted.

https://www.seniorbowl.com/

Also the HULA BOWL returns after being cancel 10 years ago. This will be on CBS SPORTS NETWORK, Sunday 9:30 PM CST.

https://www.hulabowl.com/

I find College Football All-Star games to be very watchable. Plus its cool seeing lower division talent on display.

Hopefully the Vikes will find Defense Backfield and Offense Line help.

Vikes named Gary Kubial as OC. Good Choice!

http://www.startribune.com/gary-kubi...tor/567232592/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

McNabb is right the entire way with how Owens acted. Its why Terrell Owens has few real players on those teams to back him up. Because he fucking alienated everyone. Lets run down a check list.

Jeff Garcia (claimed he was gay , he never apologized for this)
    Donovan McNabb
    Steve Mariucci (he accused him of throwing a game as coach when he played for 49ers)
    The 49ers Organization (After tirades against the team they let him go in free agency)
    Ray Lewis (mocked his celebration dance , and was nearly his team mate)
    Andy Reid (Got into a confrontation with Reid over his contract issues)
    Eagles Organization (Spent a season feuding with them , wrote a tell all book blaming them for everything)
    Todd Haley (Cowboys WR coach got after T.O for being late to practice , they had a confrontation)
    DeAngelo Hall (Owens was playing against him and spit in his face , later the 2 cleared the air and Owens claimed he didn't mean to do that)

That was til 2006. Could you imagine all the others T.O feuded with the last 4 seasons of his career ?

It's hard to side all the way with McNabb who showed himself to be thinskinned and insecure, far from admirable traits for an NFL quarterback, and he hasn't changed much to this day. Sure, Owens was an irredeemable assclown with his antics, but some of the blame needs to be placed at the feet of the Eagles who touched him off by playing hardball with his contract. While the team didn't put a gun to Owens' head and forced him to sign that deal, but after he outplayed it, especially in the Super Bowl as he could've been the game's MVP had the Eagles won, the front office could've thrown him a bone with a renegotiation or even a fat bonus, just to keep him quiet, had they done either, they could've avoided Owens going nuclear. The fact that none of the so-called "leaders" in the Eagles locker room at the time tried to rein in Owens said in part that they had his back and not McNabb's, further fracturing the team. In my eyes, there's blame to go around for everyone in that meltdown.

It's hard to side all the way with McNabb who showed himself to be thinskinned and insecure, far from admirable traits for an NFL quarterback, and he hasn't changed much to this day. Sure, Owens was an irredeemable assclown with his antics, but some of the blame needs to be placed at the feet of the Eagles who touched him off by playing hardball with his contract. While the team didn't put a gun to Owens' head and forced him to sign that deal, but after he outplayed it, especially in the Super Bowl as he could've been the game's MVP had the Eagles won, the front office could've thrown him a bone with a renegotiation or even a fat bonus, just to keep him quiet, had they done either, they could've avoided Owens going nuclear. The fact that none of the so-called "leaders" in the Eagles locker room at the time tried to rein in Owens said in part that they had his back and not McNabb's, further fracturing the team. In my eyes, there's blame to go around for everyone in that meltdown.
    Talk about it. McNabb is more of an ******* drunk than he is a leader. I'm not a super T.O. fan, he's blown up the spot later in his career a couple too many times but he was the man in that Superbowl. 122 yards on an injured leg while McNabb was out there getting sick and hurling and throwing 3 picks. Game wouldn't have been that close had T.O. not been there.

I remember the stories of that fight that happened too, didn't nobody want to come for T.O. The fact that McNabb is still salty about THAT ONE time where he had a career full of passing yards and not much else says a lot.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Talk about it. McNabb is more of an ******* drunk than he is a leader. I'm not a super T.O. fan, he's blown up the spot later in his career a couple too many times but he was the man in that Superbowl. 122 yards on an injured leg while McNabb was out there getting sick and hurling and throwing 3 picks. Game wouldn't have been that close had T.O. not been there.

I remember the stories of that fight that happened too, didn't nobody want to come for T.O. The fact that McNabb is still salty about THAT ONE time where he had a career full of passing yards and not much else says a lot.
    This recent nonsense all came to pass after an interview McNabb did for a Bleacher Report podcast or something. I don't think ESPN, FOX Sports or any other sports network will touch him after his run-ins with the law. I didn't hear it, so I'm guessing McNabb was asked about his old coach Andy Reid going back to the Super Bowl, if he wasn't specifically asked about Owens, but brought him up out of the clear blue because of a grudge he can't bury, then it's all on McNabb who HAD to have known Owens would fight back. Are both of them being petulant children? Absolutely, but McNabb appears to have been the instigator. Again, not having heard the interview, I can't say for sure, maybe the interviewer baited McNabb who wouldn't have been able to resist picking at the scab that was the train wreck of 2006, I have no idea.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-24-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Eli Manning saved America from enduring the Patriots going undefeated.

He's a real american hero
    HAHA, facts no caps

Eli