Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The crazier part is they still are paying as much as they are to a goober like Jared Goff.
    Goff is the ultimate question mark situation. His play was great in taking them to a Super Bowl. But they went insane and paid him a huge price. Now there are in a hard spot to see if he can regain that 2018 form or not.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And have a short turnaround for the 2021-22 season? That would result in a poor brand of football and all the problems you mentioned as well.
    The off season is too long anyway.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    The off season is too long anyway.
    The players might disagree as they need all the time they can get to recover from the pounding their bodies take during the season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I love ESPN. I have learned the Steelers will go into next year with Big Ben, Mason, Duck, Jamis, Cam, and they are going to draft Hartz whale they are at it.
    Really, no one? Come on, that **** was fking hilarious.

Hope you're all doing well. That is it that is all I have to say.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Interesting stat I saw recently.

For his career, Larry Fitzgerald has more tackles than dropped passes. The fact that he rarely had even an above average QB throwing to him is a crime against football. He possibly could have eclipsed Jerry Rice, and that's a nearly impossible thing to even think of.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

For his career, Larry Fitzgerald has more tackles than dropped passes. The fact that he rarely had even an above average QB throwing to him is a crime against football. He possibly could have eclipsed Jerry Rice, and that's a nearly impossible thing to even think of.
    Its the whole Tony Gonzalez deal. Tony had a Pro Bowl QB in KC a couple seasons in Trent Green and had Matt Ryan at the end. Fitzgerald had Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer before the wheels fell off.

But imagine if both men had a Tom Brady or Drew Brees their entire careers throwing to them. Be insane to think about.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Goff is the ultimate question mark situation. His play was great in taking them to a Super Bowl. But they went insane and paid him a huge price. Now there are in a hard spot to see if he can regain that 2018 form or not.
    At no point did they consider that Goff's one year of decent (not outstanding play) might have something to do with him having a great coach, or an outstanding O-Line, or some solid skill position players around him.

His contract might be the most overpaid first "post-rookie" deal for a QB since Joe Flacco.

Holy s***, that's amazing.

But not surprising considering some of the numbers on picks thrown by Arizona's terrible QBs that Fitz has been forced to play with during his career.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The "rarely" comment felt way off base so I just looked it up. Fitz came into the league the 2004 season.

He had Kurt Warner or Carson Palmer throwing to him in 124 games. Warner is a Hall of Famer and Palmer is an above average QB.

Kyler Murray was rookie of the year so he falls in the above average category and threw to him for 16 games.

He has played in 250 games, having missed six games. So he had an above average QB more than not (140 out 250).

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    The "rarely" comment felt way off base so I just looked it up. Fitz came into the league the 2004 season.

He had Kurt Warner or Carson Palmer throwing to him in 124 games. Warner is a Hall of Famer and Palmer is an above average QB.

Kyler Murray was rookie of the year so he falls in the above average category and threw to him for 16 games.

He has played in 250 games, having missed six games. So he had an above average QB more than not (140 out 250).
    Suffering through Max Hall, Kevin Kolb, and Sam Bradford just felt like a whole decade, even if it was just about 2 and a half of those years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They went all in two years ago. Everyone knew their would be a price for that
    Yes, pretty much. But I can respect the gamble.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    At no point did they consider that Goff's one year of decent (not outstanding play) might have something to do with him having a great coach, or an outstanding O-Line, or some solid skill position players around him.

His contract might be the most overpaid first "post-rookie" deal for a QB since Joe Flacco.
    Goff really doesn't have massive arm strength. I saw him throw the ball and its clear ..he doesn't have the cannon Mahomes does. Who as one NFL Analyst showed can flick his wrist with ease and whip a 40 yard bomb. I saw Goff throw some deep passes and not able to put mustard on it and a couple were incomplete in a game . Goff reminds me more of a Montana (who he idolizes) . Who never had massive arm strength but could make those quick west coast offense throws. (Joe however sliced teams like a chess master and worked the system ala Brady though)

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

I mentally placed Palmer in a lower category because my memories are mostly about how long he struggled after his big injury. Although I'm going to ask about your methodology for counting Warner and Palmer's total games since each of them missed over a season's worth of football during their time in Arizona - Warner due to his up and down play early on often relegating him to the bench and Palmer for injuries.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So the NFL Films looked at the final original games of the LA Raiders and LA Rams back in 1994.

This really looked at some players effected by this.

Marcus Allen : Marcus clearly had issues with Al Davis and how he was done the final season or two in LA. He details how Marty called him early in free agency and told him how bad the Chiefs wanted him and what he could do for them. Allen was swayed to KC and wanted to prove Al Davis wrong. That final game Marty told him , were gonna give you the ball a lot in this.

Marcus ran for 132 yards and crossed the 10,000+ career rushing mark. A fact post game we see Marty and the team celebrate it.

Tom Rathman : Rathman after 9 seasons with 49ers just wanted to prove he could go elsewhere and play. After a season he decided it was time to retire.

Raghib Ismail - Rocket was a big time college player and in fact jumped to CFL 1st for a massive deal ($18 million over 4-5 seasons , biggest in football history at time) but after CFL team had issues paying it ; he returned to NFL. The Raiders had his draft rights and he details the final season. In all Rocket brings up how Al Davis tried selling him on how Oakland will restore the Raiders aura to the past.

Jackie Slater - Slater was approaching the end. He had played 19 seasons at the point the team was gonna move. He had been through the entire 80's decade and was more or less a celebrated LA Rams player. As he brings up he was still starting games in his 19th season at offensive tackle ! But the plan was for the team to bring new guys along and let them come in after awhile or near the end of games.

Also Slater nearly retired but decided he had a chance to make history and play for a team 20 seasons. That playing for 1 team his entire career that long was something he wanted to do. Rich Brooks in a nice moment allowed Slater to play and even make a start at St. Louis 1st home game in stadium. He was carried by his team mates in a win.

Henry Ellard : Ellard another long time LA Ram never got to finish his career with the Rams and was stunned when the team told him he wasn't part of their plans for 1994. And its not like Ellard had lost a step either. In fact its shown how he beat Deion Sanders for a TD on a pass which he says Sanders would bring up even now. But he was allowed to leave. (Ellard would go on to have 1,000+ yard seasons at age 33-35 in Washington)

The special however shows how badly the cities of Oakland and St. Louis was done really by these teams in the end. St. Louis gave the Rams a great stadium and we see the chefs for those who paid for the special seats etc. Oakland itself was praised by Al Davis and yet now were dropped by the team.

It kinda makes me think both teams deserve to rot for the treatment of the fans who they pissed on with actions.

In sad news Tavaris Jackson was killed in a car wreck last night. Jackson was a former NFL QB who was a 2nd rd pick by the Vikings in 2006. He would play for a number of teams and was a backup QB in Seattle where he won a Super Bowl ring. He was 36 years old.

I mentally placed Palmer in a lower category because my memories are mostly about how long he struggled after his big injury. Although I'm going to ask about your methodology for counting Warner and Palmer's total games since each of them missed over a season's worth of football during their time in Arizona - Warner due to his up and down play early on often relegating him to the bench and Palmer for injuries.
    Shows all the Arizona QB's ever and how many games they started each year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...g_quarterbacks