Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, running backs have a painfully short shelf life, so it stands to reason Fournette isn’t interested to waiting to see if Minshew is the real deal, he wants to win now while there’s still tread on his tires.
    I'm thinking there might be a late 1st round team who's a RB shy of being a contender... Green Bay, maybe? Buffalo (Frank Gore ain't gonna last forever)?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm thinking there might be a late 1st round team who's a RB shy of being a contender... Green Bay, maybe? Buffalo (Frank Gore ain't gonna last forever)?
    Hell, does Kansas City have a number one back?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What does everyone hope their team will draft with their first pick? (if you don't have a 1st, then your 2nd rd pick)

I hope the Cowboys pick C.J. Henderson, CB from Miami. IF he is there (and I'm not sure he is), they better pick him. He's going to be a stud. Big, fast, plays the ball as good as any corner in the draft. Just an all around great athlete and playmaker.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

No. But you can find RBs in the latter part of the draft (4th, 5th rds)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hoping Miami gets Tua or Herbert. Knowing they will probably pick the wrong one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hoping Miami gets Tua or Herbert. Knowing they will probably pick the wrong one.
    Hey Kirby, I heard they were thinking about going with Herbert over Tua. Am I missing something? Why would they take Herbert over Tua? That has to be a smokescreen right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey Kirby, I heard they were thinking about going with Herbert over Tua. Am I missing something? Why would they take Herbert over Tua? That has to be a smokescreen right?
    It would have to do with the medical situation with Tua. Do they know something about his hip? They made a stupid mistake with Culpepper over Breez for medical reasons. Don't underestimate them to do it again.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They pick 32nd. But given the needs on defense (KC needs to draft CB , LB and defensive line) they could trade out of the 1st .

What does everyone hope their team will draft with their first pick? (if you don't have a 1st, then your 2nd rd pick)

I hope the Cowboys pick C.J. Henderson, CB from Miami. IF he is there (and I'm not sure he is), they better pick him. He's going to be a stud. Big, fast, plays the ball as good as any corner in the draft. Just an all around great athlete and playmaker.
    Defense ...this draft has to be Kansas City loading up on defense to help Mahomes.

No. But you can find RBs in the latter part of the draft (4th, 5th rds)
    Exactly ...in fact the last decade 2 of Kansas City's premier RB's were mid round draft picks. Jammal Charles was a 3rd rd draft pick in 2008 while Kareem Hunt was a 5th rd pick. Damian Williams the big hero of the Super Bowl was a cut from Miami. So its not like Reid needs to draft a RB high. He can find one middle rounds and work them into his system.

It would have to do with the medical situation with Tua. Do they know something about his hip? They made a stupid mistake with Culpepper over Breez for medical reasons. Don't underestimate them to do it again.
    Tua has question marks for sure with his size , health and the latest Wonderlic score again (his 13 was from 2018 when he 1st arrived at Alabama. He retested again and now is at 19). I can see teams worried and Herbert and Love are moving up the draft boards. (Love needs to cut down on Ints and bad throws)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Did you look at the questions. I don't think they translate into managing a game on the field. Some might have to just do with the level of education you had. I also think some take it more seriously than others.
    Yep, got 15 out of 15 on the the sample test I took. I was always really good at math and I read a lot so I didn't find anything difficult at all on it.

Basically its an IQ test and at a certain point is irrelevant as someone who scores in the 20 to 25 range will be able to break down a play on paper just as well as Ryan Fitzpatrick who scored 48.

However I can see how it would be worrisome if someone scored low because that either translates to a learning disability or not being very smart. If your position is running back and basically amounts to run through the hole and don't fumble its not such a big deal which is why Frank Gore who scored a 5 or something like that still succeeds. At QB though the mental part is far more important than other positions.

Still though as far as Tua and being a Dolphins fan I don't want him but thats because of his injury history as I see his durability being that of wet toilet paper. If I was sure he'd be healthy I'd trade up as Dolphins GM to guarantee I'd get him despite the score.

Though my true hope as a Dolphins fan is Simmons or best offensive lineman at 5 and then getting Jordan Love with pick 18. I find this unlikely though as it seems we are taking Tua or Herbert at 5 if not trading up for one of them.

Did you see Peter King's mock draft?

He has the Dolphins trading up for Herbert and Tua falling into the teens where the Patriots then move up and draft him.

If that happened and Tua actually managed to stay healthy and succeed heads would explode in Miami.

I get that they would be hesitant about his medicals, but IMO, you can't pass up a guy with his talent just to draft a safer player. That's the difference between championships and just making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Tua has question marks for sure with his size , health and the latest Wonderlic score again (his 13 was from 2018 when he 1st arrived at Alabama. He retested again and now is at 19). I can see teams worried and Herbert and Love are moving up the draft boards. (Love needs to cut down on Ints and bad throws)
    I don't care about the wonderlic score. All you have to do is look at his tape. He makes all the throws and reads defenses extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Did you see Peter King's mock draft?

He has the Dolphins trading up for Herbert and Tua falling into the teens where the Patriots then move up and draft him.

If that happened and Tua actually managed to stay healthy and succeed heads would explode in Miami.
    If Tua falls into the teens, I would want Dallas to trade up and get him. Offer Dak and make the trade. I would be thrilled with giving up Dak to get Tua.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I get that they would be hesitant about his medicals, but IMO, you can't pass up a guy with his talent just to draft a safer player. That's the difference between championships and just making the playoffs.

I don't care about the wonderlic score. All you have to do is look at his tape. He makes all the throws and reads defenses extremely well.

If Tua falls into the teens, I would want Dallas to trade up and get him. Offer Dak and make the trade. I would be thrilled with giving up Dak to get Tua.

While I don't think Dak is worth the $40 million a year he is demanding , I do think as a $30 million a year player he is solid enough right now to earn that. Tua is an unproven NFL player right now. He has great college tape sure. A number of QB busts have great college tape at making throws and reading defenses. They just sadly can't translate it well to the next stage.

Not saying that its gonna happen to Tua. But right now Prescott is a very solid starting QB. He can take that next step ala Mahomes if he gets his team to a Super Bowl . But right now he's more NFL starter ready than Tua. (Who some have said may have to sit a season to learn)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Another concern for some teams (which seems silly to me) is that Tua is left-handed, which flips his blindside and makes it the weaker side of most team's OL, changes a lot of schemes, flips a lot of plays the rest of the offense already is familiar with, and changes the spin on the ball that receivers have to deal with. A lot of teams try to avoid left handed QBs when they can, so given a choice between two equally talented prospects, teams will often go with the right-handed QB over the left handed QB.

Again seems somewhat silly to me since you have to restructure your offense for whatever new QB you bring in, but it is a factor for some teams ad might push a couple of other QBs ahead of Tua on team's draft boards.

So for instance, if Dallas does what Whovian suggests, it would be whatever player is filling the RT role protecting Tua's blindside instead of All-Pro Tyron Smith, and if you flip Smith over there, he has to play out of position and fight the instincts he has developed over the course of his career playing on the other side. If a tackle has to stop and think instead of react on instinct, it gives an edge rusher an advantage and lessens the tackle's overall effectiveness.

Again, seems silly such a minor things would be a factor, but it is for some teams.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

It wouldn't change anything for Dallas as our RT Collins is just as good as our LT Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Another concern for some teams (which seems silly to me) is that Tua is left-handed, which flips his blindside and makes it the weaker side of most team's OL, changes a lot of schemes, flips a lot of plays the rest of the offense already is familiar with, and changes the spin on the ball that receivers have to deal with. A lot of teams try to avoid left handed QBs when they can, so given a choice between two equally talented prospects, teams will often go with the right-handed QB over the left handed QB.

Again seems somewhat silly to me since you have to restructure your offense for whatever new QB you bring in, but it is a factor for some teams ad might push a couple of other QBs ahead of Tua on team's draft boards.

So for instance, if Dallas does what Whovian suggests, it would be whatever player is filling the RT role protecting Tua's blindside instead of All-Pro Tyron Smith, and if you flip Smith over there, he has to play out of position and fight the instincts he has developed over the course of his career playing on the other side. If a tackle has to stop and think instead of react on instinct, it gives an edge rusher an advantage and lessens the tackle's overall effectiveness.

Again, seems silly such a minor things would be a factor, but it is for some teams.

-M
    That might be considered a plus for Belichick - it would let him try to go cheaper on OL than other teams do - one of his hallmarks it to try and identify the type of player who is under market value. If he can swap the standard side for blindside protector and pulling guard I can't imagine him not considering the possibilities, especially in a year when he has far too much dead money.
    Dark does not mean deep.