Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's hard to side all the way with McNabb who showed himself to be thinskinned and insecure, far from admirable traits for an NFL quarterback, and he hasn't changed much to this day. Sure, Owens was an irredeemable assclown with his antics, but some of the blame needs to be placed at the feet of the Eagles who touched him off by playing hardball with his contract. While the team didn't put a gun to Owens' head and forced him to sign that deal, but after he outplayed it, especially in the Super Bowl as he could've been the game's MVP had the Eagles won, the front office could've thrown him a bone with a renegotiation or even a fat bonus, just to keep him quiet, had they done either, they could've avoided Owens going nuclear. The fact that none of the so-called "leaders" in the Eagles locker room at the time tried to rein in Owens said in part that they had his back and not McNabb's, further fracturing the team. In my eyes, there's blame to go around for everyone in that meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Talk about it. McNabb is more of an ******* drunk than he is a leader. I'm not a super T.O. fan, he's blown up the spot later in his career a couple too many times but he was the man in that Superbowl. 122 yards on an injured leg while McNabb was out there getting sick and hurling and throwing 3 picks. Game wouldn't have been that close had T.O. not been there.

I remember the stories of that fight that happened too, didn't nobody want to come for T.O. The fact that McNabb is still salty about THAT ONE time where he had a career full of passing yards and not much else says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This recent nonsense all came to pass after an interview McNabb did for a Bleacher Report podcast or something. I don't think ESPN, FOX Sports or any other sports network will touch him after his run-ins with the law. I didn't hear it, so I'm guessing McNabb was asked about his old coach Andy Reid going back to the Super Bowl, if he wasn't specifically asked about Owens, but brought him up out of the clear blue because of a grudge he can't bury, then it's all on McNabb who HAD to have known Owens would fight back. Are both of them being petulant children? Absolutely, but McNabb appears to have been the instigator. Again, not having heard the interview, I can't say for sure, maybe the interviewer baited McNabb who wouldn't have been able to resist picking at the scab that was the train wreck of 2006, I have no idea.
    Owens signed a contract , he knew what he was signing and was advised not to. He was all friggen smiles when he did sign that 7 year contract. Had he not been such an ass clown and decided to spend an off season and during the season fighting his organization maybe the next season they sit down and redo his deal. All he had done was play 1 year for them. 1 ...year.

Its less throwing a bone to someone but someone actually being a professional. Plus the whole "McNabb showed himself to be thinskinned..." wow. Someone once joked that McNabb was treated like **** by Eagles fans when he was drafted (they booed) and the years he made that organization relevant with no help for years at WR he still got nothing.

The whole deal with no leaders stepping up to take T.O in hand also is wild. How do you take someone in hand who is not showing up and doing stupid **** in his driveway. Plus I'm sure that with an already stupid situation of Owens own doing , them standing up and telling him to be an actual professional man and play , would have had him attack the players. Perhaps Reid wanted the team to concentrate on football best he could while T.O was being a fucking idiot.

Yes McNabb turned to alcohol as we saw. His life hasn't been good off the field as we see. But the fact that we see people excusing T.O's piece of **** behavior and blaming a guy who actually played his ass off when he was there is just mind boggling. It sums up Eagles fans treatment of McNabb though. They weren't happy he was selected , they weren't happy with his play over getting them close to a Super Bowl with little help , they weren't happy when they made a Super Bowl and lost . They weren't happy and hopefully the fans won't do this to Wentz so quick.

But yeah , the list of Owens bullshit and then painting McNabb as the bad one. WOW....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The QB is the leader of the team. Thats why McNabb gets more blame. Randall Cunningham got the same treatment from Philly fans, you know, to the point where he quit football entirely for a year. Philly is a meat grinder, man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The QB is the leader of the team. Thats why McNabb gets more blame. Randall Cunningham got the same treatment from Philly fans, you know, to the point where he quit football entirely for a year. Philly is a meat grinder, man.
    Well the fans always had a reputation as being like this. To the point they pelted a guy with snow balls dressed up as Santa Claus back in late 1960's . This ran down a number of incidents through the years....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/*...hey-proved-it/

Yes McNabb wasn't the same QB he once was with Reid when he left and his life after football has became a train wreck. But considering the rolling T.O disaster career show of pissing everyone off with his behavior ; McNabb was a model citizen. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

In other news the Saints are caught up in the Catholic Church Sex Abuse scandal

In NFL News ..

- Kareem Hunt got off lucky as he was stopped for a traffic citation . During it police found small amounts of marijuana in the car. He was just given a ticket for the traffic citation and allowed to go.

- Antonio Brown is out of jail after posting bond.

- How did Kansas City go from one of the worst teams from 2007-2012 ? Where they lost 12-14 games 2-3 times in that span to now being in a Super Bowl ? ESPN ran an article that outlined the moves KC took from 2013 that led to this.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-14-super-bowl

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News ..

- Kareem Hunt got off lucky as he was stopped for a traffic citation . During it police found small amounts of marijuana in the car. He was just given a ticket for the traffic citation and allowed to go.

- Antonio Brown is out of jail after posting bond.

- How did Kansas City go from one of the worst teams from 2007-2012 ? Where they lost 12-14 games 2-3 times in that span to now being in a Super Bowl ? ESPN ran an article that outlined the moves KC took from 2013 that led to this.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-14-super-bowl
    The Browns are pretty deep at RB, so I wonder if that spells the end of Hunt in Cleveland.

As the Antonio turns. AB has been court ordered to under go a mental health evaluation, which is you ask me has been a long time coming, and to stay off social media. He was also wearing an anti suicide smock during his appearance. It is crazy to think that just 6 months ago there were people completely blaming Big Ben and for everything.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

I wish AB the best, but he has to really decide to help himself to get out of this mess.

I wish AB the best, but he has to really decide to help himself to get out of this mess.
    I've read too much on him to wish him the best. Being a deadbeat and not paying people is one thing, his meltdown at Raiders practice was another... but the sexual assault accusation is a pretty solid, "Go away before you disgrace the league further."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well the fans always had a reputation as being like this. To the point they pelted a guy with snow balls dressed up as Santa Claus back in late 1960's . This ran down a number of incidents through the years....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/*...hey-proved-it/

Yes McNabb wasn't the same QB he once was with Reid when he left and his life after football has became a train wreck. But considering the rolling T.O disaster career show of pissing everyone off with his behavior ; McNabb was a model citizen. lol
    I think I heard a Dollop podcast about Philadelphia sports incidents, including Santa. Let me find a link... AH, here we go:

In NFL News....

- Ex-Kansas City Chiefs all-pro Eric Berry told he plans to try yet another NFL comeback in 2020 after taking a year off to mentally and physically heal up. Berry was an all-pro player for a few seasons in KC but injuries kept piling up and he played only 10 games in 2-3 seasons before his release in 2019.

- At the Senior Bowl , QB Justin Herbert impressed a number of NFL scouts and had some mention his draft stock has rose to where he could go within top 15. Zac Taylor of the Bengals coached in the Senior Bowl but remains tight lipped on who the Bengals will take overall. He did mention how he wants a winner at QB and someone who can elevate others on the team. (which hints at Joe Burrow).

A week away from a Super Bowl , we examine the QB that was supposed to be Pat Mahomes or be what Pat Mahomes was supposed to be compared too coming out.

Manziel was compared to a Brett Farve with a wild gunslinger approach who could run around the pocket and create at need be. He could really cause problems for a defense and literally challenge them. But as we see that didn't help.

Where as Mahomes sit a year , learned to fix his foot work and issues ..Manziel never got that. In fact the video breaks down that unlike Mahomes who studies the game and tape like crazy and works to be better (as this year showed) , Manziel had a lousy work ethic and didn't have that.

Now teams like Arizona search for the next Mahomes. Not the next Manziel...

Manziel had a lousy work ethic and didn't have that.
    Thats probably it. Manziel lacked the work ethic of a Rich Gannon, so even with the skills of an Aaron Rodgers he wasn't going anywhere. It takes both to become what Mahomes is right now.

You know how you can best tell that Mahomes works hard? When the team celebrates together its obvious that they all respect each other.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Oh, the AFC won the Pro Bowl, but who gives a **** about that. I certainly didn't watch.

Thats probably it. Manziel lacked the work ethic of a Rich Gannon, so even with the skills of an Aaron Rodgers he wasn't going anywhere. It takes both to become what Mahomes is right now.

You know how you can best tell that Mahomes works hard? When the team celebrates together its obvious that they all respect each other.
    In the video an ex-Browns player brings up that Manziel was told to spend a weekend learning the play book. Instead he decided to spend that weekend partying instead. Its no shock he failed really.

Its like Paxton Lynch (which I thank my lucky stars John Elway decided to move up and draft so KC wouldn't take him in 2016) who cared more about playing Fortnite than he did playing in the NFL it seems. The same issue comically years earlier is what killed Akili Smith's career as he cared more about playing video games than being a NFL QB to put work in.

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-29-2020 at 01:51 AM.