Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Seems like the Patriots are the one team left without a real QB at the moment, unless they're going to sign Flacco and re-invent him, or trade for somebody.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Seems like the Patriots are the one team left without a real QB at the moment, unless they're going to sign Flacco and re-invent him, or trade for somebody.
    The only rationale I can come up with for the Pats choosing not to sign a veteran like Flacco or Cam Newton is that Darth Hoodie wants to show the world that he can turn a young passer like Jason Stidham into a star and prove his coaching was responsible for New England's success and not Tom Brady. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think before anyone starts begging their team to sign Joe Flacco go watch the 9 sack video from Kansas City. Yes the offensive line is at fault some...but a lot is Flacco has lost a lot of mobility. Now factor a neck injury.

Its not the wisest move to sign a QB on the tail end and I think even Belichick senses Flacco is done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think before anyone starts begging their team to sign Joe Flacco go watch the 9 sack video from Kansas City. Yes the offensive line is at fault some...but a lot is Flacco has lost a lot of mobility. Now factor a neck injury.

Its not the wisest move to sign a QB on the tail end and I think even Belichick senses Flacco is done.
    Belichek can't believe his own bulls*** so much that he thinks Jarett Stidham is an NFL starter at this point. I don't know what kind of plan they've got, but that can't be it.

Cam's got an injury history too, and the only reason I think it won't be him is the personalities between coach and QB would be too far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Belichek can't believe his own bulls*** so much that he thinks Jarett Stidham is an NFL starter at this point. I don't know what kind of plan they've got, but that can't be it.

Cam's got an injury history too, and the only reason I think it won't be him is the personalities between coach and QB would be too far apart.
    I don't think its believing his own bullshit or anything ego wise. Its more of ..the team is doing a big rebuilding job right now. Maybe the biggest of Belichick's entire tenure as coach and GM of the team. He not only has to replace the greatest QB of all time , he has to rebuild the offense and defense to try and compete. Its why New England decided to add draft picks by trading out of the 1st rd this year. They have to replace 2 solid LB's in Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy , replace Dorsett at WR etc.

The worry right now is building a competitive team. The biggest problem would be to draft a young QB to claim he's the guy replacing the greatest QB of all-time. The pressure of that and trying to rebuild this team would be huge. Its already big on Belichick to win without Brady there. Just imagine if he drafts say Jordan Love and he's expected to replace Brady and be the Franchise asap while the team is in rebuild phase mode. Not only does Love have to handle that but he has to handle replacing Brady.

For now Belichick is trying to build the team again and likely will get his QB of the future at some point. Maybe next year perhaps.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

How many teams will need quarterbacks in 2021? Chicago? Jacksonville? Washington? Detroit? Pittsburgh? Belichick might have to be in the top ten in order to land a good passer, and a lot of that will be dependent on how many QB’s declare. That said, the Pats would almost have to tank this coming season in order to draft that high.

Stidham looked reasonably good in his pre-season dry run last year - he actually had a better pre-season than any first year QB Belichick has ever had. So Bill might actually want to see what he has, plus to get someone in the early rounds he would have had to reach and use that first round pick on someone who wasn't a first round talent (at least in his eyes) and that's one thing he never wants to do. Typically when Belichick makes a reach it's because he has a different grade on the player than the talking heads do.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How many teams will need quarterbacks in 2021? Chicago? Jacksonville? Washington? Detroit? Pittsburgh? Belichick might have to be in the top ten in order to land a good passer, and a lot of that will be dependent on how many QB’s declare. That said, the Pats would almost have to tank this coming season in order to draft that high.
    I think the Pats are more likely to win the Super Bowl than they are to try and tank. Which is to say, not very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Stidham looked reasonably good in his pre-season dry run last year.
    Nate Peterman looked like a Pro Bowler in both of his preseasons as a Bill. Preseason can be deceiving. Not to say that he won't be successful in the NFL, but it's not always the best indicator.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 05-03-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Nate Peterman looked like a Pro Bowler in both of his preseasons as a Bill. Preseason can be deceiving. Not to say that he won't be successful in the NFL, but it's not always the best indicator.
    I don't disagree, but, when coupled with the cost of a QB relative to expected talent levels by the time the Patriots were able to pick and it makes more sense to see if you already have the guy you need on the roster. And the guys who have just been released might be better, but I think the ceiling for most of them is mediocrity. And while Stidham might have the same ceiling, he does it under a second-day rookie contract whereas veteran QBs will cost much more - and with the Patriots cap situation being what it is this season (really bad), it makes more sense to test the guy already on the roster for a season.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Andy Dalton has signed a 1 year deal to be Dak Prescott's back up in Dallas. $3 million guaranteed (Cooper Rush was set to make $2.1 million as the back up and he has only thrown 3 passes in the NFL) but up to $7 million in incentives.

-M
    This is a great move by Dallas. Best case scenario, he never sees the field and only makes $3 mil. Worse case scenario, Dak gets hurt or sits out the year and Dalton plays and makes $7mil. Dalton’s best years are behind him but with this offense and these weapons, he would be pretty darn good. He didn’t have any weapons in Cincy over the last several years and he still put up decent numbers.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This is a great move by Dallas. Best case scenario, he never sees the field and only makes $3 mil. Worse case scenario, Dak gets hurt or sits out the year and Dalton plays and makes $7mil. Dalton’s best years are behind him but with this offense and these weapons, he would be pretty darn good. He didn’t have any weapons in Cincy over the last several years and he still put up decent numbers.
    Dalton is a shrinking violet who shows up least when things matter most and cannot handle the lights of prime time. He piled up numbers in games that didn't matter and in the few games in his career that did matter his numbers were horrible. He will not be able to handle the pressure of Dallas if he has to do anything other than hold a clipboard.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I am from Cincy and I dont understand everyone's love of Dalton. Yes he is a nice guy who does good things off the field but play wise I never did like like him much. He has never won a playoff game. I dont think he has won a Monday Night football game. I cant remember the last time he beat the Steelers. The fact is he was at best a mediocre Qb on a mediocre team. His best years are behind him. If he is asked to step up in Dallas he will not be able to handle it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dalton was a middle of the road QB. I know a big factor on why people didn't trade for him was the fact he never got the big wins and made mistakes in those games. Plus I think his cap number was like $17+ million.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    LOL. Peterman. That's a name that will live in starting QB infamy.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Don Shula passed away at 90.