Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    LOL. Peterman. That's a name that will live in starting QB infamy.
    That's putting it mildly.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Don Shula passed away at 90.
    Yes it's been confirmed. Sad news indeed. Here's an article link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am from Cincy and I dont understand everyone's love of Dalton. Yes he is a nice guy who does good things off the field but play wise I never did like like him much. He has never won a playoff game. I dont think he has won a Monday Night football game. I cant remember the last time he beat the Steelers. The fact is he was at best a mediocre Qb on a mediocre team. His best years are behind him. If he is asked to step up in Dallas he will not be able to handle it.
    He's a good QB. He's not elite but he is good enough to win with. Bengals were a consistently good team for years under him but were held back by Marvin Lewis.

The last couple of years are more a sign of the talent drain all across the team than Dalton. There are a lot of middle of the pack teams last year that probably make the playoffs with Dalton as their QB since he'd be a huge upgrade over what they had: Steelers, Colts, Buccaneers, Broncos, and Bears for example.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    He's a good QB. He's not elite but he is good enough to win with. Bengals were a consistently good team for years under him but were held back by Marvin Lewis.

The last couple of years are more a sign of the talent drain all across the team than Dalton. There are a lot of middle of the pack teams last year that probably make the playoffs with Dalton as their QB since he'd be a huge upgrade over what they had: Steelers, Colts, Buccaneers, Broncos, and Bears for example.
    During the years that they were good he still couldnt win the big games. No playoff wins, no Monday night football wins. Marvin Lewis was not a very good coach but I am not putting the blame soley on him for the playoff losses and Monday Night football losses. Dalton can not win the big games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dalton at 32 or 33 should be a backup QB the rest of his career. He played like a normal 2nd/3rd rd QB would really. As posted above there was times when Dalton would just throw Ints and kill the team in big games. One of my FB friends joked that he expected Dalton to be there til he retired and never win anything big. But the team saw Burrow and went with that big potential he has. (whether he can we will see)

Dalton is good for when the starter goes down and can play a little. You just don't want him in a playoff game as your starting QB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dalton at 32 or 33 should be a backup QB the rest of his career. He played like a normal 2nd/3rd rd QB would really. As posted above there was times when Dalton would just throw Ints and kill the team in big games. One of my FB friends joked that he expected Dalton to be there til he retired and never win anything big. But the team saw Burrow and went with that big potential he has. (whether he can we will see)

Dalton is good for when the starter goes down and can play a little. You just don't want him in a playoff game as your starting QB.
    Makes me wish my Eagles had signed Dalton. Given Carson Wentz’s injury history, I’m not comfortable with a green rookie like Jalen Hurts as his backup.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL News...

- Days from turning 37 years old ; The Inconvenient Truth Frank Gore is gonna play in his 16th NFL season. Gore signed a 1 year deal with NY Jets and will be the #2 RB with the team in 2020. Gore is already a future Hall of Fame RB and has comically continued a fun tour of the AFC East (he played in Miami in 2018 , Buffalo in 2019 and now Jets in 2020). Gore has claimed he wants to play til he's 40 and seems to be pushing towards that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I saw this beautiful 1 hour documentary on the 1988 49ers team and the storylines running at the time.

1987 Playoff Loss - That loss really seems to have hurt Bill Walsh the most. You see how he felt and that people likely questioned his coaching after the loss to the Vikings. Also they were questioning Joe Montana who many thought was just getting old and slow out there after Walsh pulled him to protect him from taking so many hits etc. This had Steve Young flash his future skills.

Health questions - Walsh through 1988 is physically wore out. He at one point in a game takes a hard shot on the sideline and doesn't tell anyone beyond the team he had broken 2 of his ribs and would finish the season like that. Walsh wanted to go out with 1 last Super Bowl win.

Up/Down Year : Much like how Kansas City was at mid season struggling and their QB had health issues in 2019 ; the 49ers at one point was 6-5. Harris Barton claims some players were openly bringing up plans they had in off season and that he didn't think the team had a shot at even winning division with how they were playing. Montana was hurt at times and Walsh was pulling him out , players were dropping passes , Steve Young was not where he needed to be yet as Walsh points out as he struggled. The entire team was just not playing well and things looked bleak.

Ronnie Lott's speech - Usually a team has a moment that changes its destiny . Ronnie Lott called a players only meeting and told them the coaches aren't to blame and they had to show what they could do. The speech united the team as Barton claims and after that they started winning. It also helped Montana was healthy the rest of the way and they ran to the Super Bowl.

Walsh's class act - Walsh in this makes a point he never told the players during the season or before the Super Bowl he was retiring. In fact he details how the players play the game for themselves ..not the coach. After it he knew it was time. He was physically wore out a fact that his good friend Sam Wyche (Bengals coach) had to help him to the back as he hugged and helped him to the locker room.

NFL News...

- Days from turning 37 years old ; The Inconvenient Truth Frank Gore is gonna play in his 16th NFL season. Gore signed a 1 year deal with NY Jets and will be the #2 RB with the team in 2020. Gore is already a future Hall of Fame RB and has comically continued a fun tour of the AFC East (he played in Miami in 2018 , Buffalo in 2019 and now Jets in 2020). Gore has claimed he wants to play til he's 40 and seems to be pushing towards that.
    I hope he signs a one year deal with the Pats next year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He would fit what Belichick wants for a team guy. Plus be kinda funny to see him play for all AFC East teams in his career before it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Perfect. That would be perfect.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

He would fit what Belichick wants for a team guy. Plus be kinda funny to see him play for all AFC East teams in his career before it ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Perfect. That would be perfect.
    And hopefully gets a ring.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Schedule's out. NFL has a contingency plan to delay the schedule by 2 weeks.

Plan A: Schedule happens as per usual, opening on Sept. 13th with all teams getting a bye week at some point, and two weeks between the conference games and Super Bowl.

Plan B: Covid-19 forces the NFL to postpone the first two weeks and start on Sept. 27th. Week 3 is then Week 1. The original scheduled Week 1 games move to Week "18", the playoffs start a week late, and there's only a 1 week break between the conference games and Super Bowl. Meanwhile, the NFL's original plan is that everyone's Week 2 opponent shares a BYE week with them. Thus, if week 2 is cancelled, the teams would just play their week 2 opponent when their BYE week is in Plan A. Thus... Plan B is all teams play for 16 straight weeks starting on Sept. 27th, get no bye weeks, and immediately jump into 4 straight playoff weeks. Any team that isn't a #1 playoff seed will be forced to play 20 straight weeks of grueling football.

And... that's the plan, and contingency plan, for now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I should also mention that in the schedule, the new edition Tom Brady led Tampa Bay Buccaneers are scheduled in 5, yes FIVE prime-time games.

Flex scheduling could even give them more.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm not a Jay Cutler fan. While he had a rifle for an arm he would make tons of mistakes. He also really didn't seem motivated to play that final season in Miami as well. Like he really didn't have his heart into it. But beyond that Cutler judging from this is a hell of a family man choosing to want to stay home with his wife and kids. Meanwhile his wife is angry because he doesn't go into another career.

Did we forget to mention Jay Cutler made over $100+ million dollars in his playing career ? WTF is his future ex-wife smoking here ?

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/06/krist...-to-get-a-job/

I do feel sorry for Cutler. He has his life on track and is living like a family man. His wife meanwhile obviously wants fame still tossing away her marriage to chase that. Angry Jay Cutler won't go be a TV announcer or do reality TV shows etc.

In fact Cutler's ex reminds me of Cap Rooney's wife in Any Given Sunday. When the 39 year old Rooney after getting injured tells his wife he plans to retire , she hauls off and slaps him. Angry he's gonna take the fame away by that. Its sad but yeah Cutler will recover from this and move on for sure. He's rich , has a degree and doesn't need to have someone care more for the fame.