Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of the Belichick GM tree , his learning under Bill Parcells is what created him. So its weird I'm watching the story of the 1986 NY Giants team. The one who went to a Super Bowl.

The funniest story was the relationship of Phil Simms and Bill Parcells. The 2 men clashed at 1st back when he was 1st benched in 1983. Parcells admits he made a big mistake then and nearly was fired after a 3-13 season. Then the 2 men would argue on sidelines and swear at each other during games or things going wrong . Both admitted they were very firey type guys and let loose. But as Parcells admits he grew to like Simms for firing back at him and would defend him (we see clips of him defending Simms from critics in 1986).

Parcells also had ways to motivate guys through his critique of them. LT struggled to start that year after a drug arrest and was being mocked by media over it. He had struggled opening weeks and Parcells told him he was gonna change his name "Whats the Matter with Taylor" . Parcells kept on him and finally he too fired back at Parcells and started playing great. (he would end the year with 20 sacks and said it was some weird way to get his mind back in the game Parcells was doing).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News

- Miami and #5 overall pick Tua Tagovailoa have agreed on a 4 year $30.28 million contract. This includes the $19.6 million signing bonus and the contract is fully guaranteed. In the days of JeMarcus Russell and Sam Bradford contracts back then were very big for QB's and players coming out. But since the last 2 CBA agreements that has changed to a pay scale and more balanced system as we see.

- Former Titans player Logan Ryan (CB) brought up that he never wanted to leave the team. Ryan was told last week by the team he wasn't in their plans and is looking to play elsewhere now. As a starting CB Ryan played well in 2019 and offered the Titans a deal to return where he would play at his 2019 salary of $10 million for 1 season and then try an extension later. But the Titans refused this offer and he posted his good-byes to fans online.

-Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers will be the 5th and 6th QB's in NFL history to start and win 100+ games for one franchise before moving onto another in their careers this season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland are out as the MNF crew...

So who's everyone's picks for who gets the gig next?

My money is on Dave Pasch & Peyton Manning.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland are out as the MNF crew...

So who's everyone's picks for who gets the gig next?

My money is on Dave Pasch & Peyton Manning.

Mike Greenburg is someone I have wanted for years in the booth. He has a very straight forward announce style and nice voice. But according to a report ESPN will hire someone within. Peyton already turned down the MNF gig earlier this year.

Part of me would love if ESPN brought Theisman back to do color commentary but his relationship with them broke down in mid 2000's as ESPN then cared more about some entertainment deal. (Theisman was told to stop discussing the game then and play off Kornheiser's lame fucking jokes).

And ESPN do NOT....DO NOT hire Tony Kornheiser for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mike Greenburg is someone I have wanted for years in the booth. He has a very straight forward announce style and nice voice. But according to a report ESPN will hire someone within. Peyton already turned down the MNF gig earlier this year.

Part of me would love if ESPN brought Theisman back to do color commentary but his relationship with them broke down in mid 2000's as ESPN then cared more about some entertainment deal. (Theisman was told to stop discussing the game then and play off Kornheiser's lame fucking jokes).

And ESPN do NOT....DO NOT hire Tony Kornheiser for fucks sake.
    I'd also be fine if they got Kurt Warner off of NFL network. He's likable and informed enough. He's not Tony Romo good, but Romo's under contract with another network already.

All-New Member

This is very likely to be the biggest off-season for QB movement in quite some time.

Rumored trade bait on Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubisky & Cam Newton.

Meanwhile, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Teddy Bridgewater, Mariota, Jameis, Dak Prescott, and Ryan Tannehill are all free agents. Likely to be a lot of new faces in new places.

In free agency overall, there are some unbelievable talents to be had. Some of the best:

• Jadaveon Clowney, DE/OLB (Seattle, age 27)
    • Amari Cooper, WR (Dallas, age 27)
    • Chris Jones, DE/OLB (KC, age 27)
    • Yannick Ngakoue, DE/OLB (Jacksonville, age 25)
    • Jadaveon Clowney, DE/OLB (Seattle, age 27)
    • Brandon Scherff, G (Washington, age 28)
    • Byron Jones, CB (Dallas, age 27)
    • AJ Green, WR (Cincinnatti, age 32)
    • Anthony Castonzo, OT (Indianapolis, age 32)
    • Arik Armstead, DE (SF, age 26)
    • Dante Fowler JR, OLB (LAR, age 26)
    • Shaq Barrett, OLB (TB, age 27)
    • Bud Dupree, OLB (Pittsburgh, age 27)
    • Matthew Judon, OLB (Baltimore, age 27)
    • Derrick Henry, RB (Tennessee, age 26)
    • Austin Hooper, TE (Atlanta, age 25)
    • Hunter Henry, TE (LAC, age 25)
    • Anthony Harris, S (Minnesota, age 28)
    • Corey Littleton, ILB (LAR, age 26)
    • Austin Hooper, TE (Atlanta, age 25)
    • Robby Anderson, WR (NYJ, age 27)
    • Melvin Gordon, RB (LAC, age 27)
    • Kenyan Drake, RB (Arizona, age 26)
    • Bryan Bulaga, OT (GB, age 31)
    • DJ Humprhies, OT (Arizona, age 26)
    • Logan Ryan, CB (Tennessee, age 29)
    • Robert Quinn, DT (Dallas, age 30)
    • Michael Brockers, DE (LAR, age 29)
    • Shaq Lawson, DE (Buffalo, age 27)

I mean... there's a lot of recognizable names just there, and I'm omitting a lot of the Top 100 listed.
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by kaido View Post
    Thanks bro
    Y'know, it's been a couple months, but here's who's still out there and unsigned:

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-202...e-agents-list/

- Former Titans player Logan Ryan (CB) brought up that he never wanted to leave the team. Ryan was told last week by the team he wasn't in their plans and is looking to play elsewhere now. As a starting CB Ryan played well in 2019 and offered the Titans a deal to return where he would play at his 2019 salary of $10 million for 1 season and then try an extension later. But the Titans refused this offer and he posted his good-byes to fans online.
    I wonder if the Patriots will try to sign him for short money.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'd also be fine if they got Kurt Warner off of NFL network. He's likable and informed enough. He's not Tony Romo good, but Romo's under contract with another network already.
    From the belief its gonna come from within ESPN. So 2 guys are gonna get that nod. Hopefully ESPN chooses wisely and not hand the job to someone who will suck.

From the belief its gonna come from within ESPN. So 2 guys are gonna get that nod. Hopefully ESPN chooses wisely and not hand the job to someone who will suck.
    I can't believe I didn't think of him immediately for play-by-play, but Pasch is my #2 pick.

#1? KEVIN HARLAN. He's already crushing it on the radio broadcast.

This looks at the top #10 worst teams of all time. It really made me think of the dark years of Chiefs football from 2007-2012.

- The Bengals get their entire 90's team on the list for just how shitty they were. In fact here was the win/loss total from 1990-1999 under 3 coaches (Sam Wyche , Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet). --- 52 wins , 117 Losses. YIKES.

I do feel for the Bengals who have watched their team through some bad years. Kansas City was headed in that direction for awhile as well. Under 3 coaches (Herm Edwards , Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel) in 6 seasons (2007-2012) the team had this record --- 29 wins , 55 losses.

I give full props to Andy Reid for coming in as Clark Hunt detailed back during the Super Bowl and adding a very solid coaching and detail to the team. A great coach can change the direction of an organization and Reid is really proof of that. As a Chiefs fan the last 6-7 seasons have been beautiful to watch and see how even when I'm puzzled at moves Reid makes with cutting players suddenly , changing an entire defense he seems to have known what he was doing at the right time.

So for teams like Washington and Cincy , things can turn around if the right coach comes along.

I can't believe I didn't think of him immediately for play-by-play, but Pasch is my #2 pick.

#1? KEVIN HARLAN. He's already crushing it on the radio broadcast.

The NFL cameramen made sure to not follow the man running. However fan cams of the play exist and Harlan's great play call is included.

The NFL cameramen made sure to not follow the man running. However fan cams of the play exist and Harlan's great play call is included.
    Even outside of this call, I love Harlan on the mic. There's something old-school about his voice, he keeps it real for a play-by-play guy, and he's got a good sense of humor. He's one of the best in the biz right now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Giants CB Deandre Baker, Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar facing multiple armed robbery charges

Two cornerbacks are facing multiple charges after an incident at a party on Wednesday night in South Florida.

New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar are each facing four counts of armed robbery with a firearm, while Baker is facing an additional four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, after the two allegedly started robbing guests at a party in Miramar, Florida, the Miramar police department said on Thursday.

According to TMZ, Baker and Dunbar were at a cookout at a home in the Miami area on Wednesday night, playing cards and video games, when an argument started. Baker then allegedly “whipped out a semi-automatic firearm.” Per the arrest warrant, Baker allegedly directed two other individuals, one of them Dunbar, to then start robbing the guests.

They allegedly took thousands of dollars in cash, several watches and other valuables from individuals at the party and threatened to shoot people before leaving the house.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Baker's one year removed from being a Giants' 1st round pick, and Dunbar just had a press conference with Seattle to announce his arrival with the team only hours before the cops announced they had an arrest warrant out on him.

Both teams' front offices are getting a black eye over this, as well as the players.