Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News...

- Cleveland has finally managed to sign a GM after weeks of searching and have signed Andrew Berry from the Eagles. Berry was VP of Football Operations in Philadelphia and becomes the NFL's youngest GM at age 32. He also was the Browns VP of Player Personnel from 2016 to 2018 before he left. He will be VP and GM now.

Berry was becoming a hot candidate and the Carolina Panthers asked to interview him for the VP of Football Operations role but was declined. Philadelphia couldn't decline the Browns request as they offered him the GM role as well. Cleveland claims he'll have control over the 53 man roster.

- Former Browns coach Freddie Kitchens was hired by the NY Giants as TE coach . The Giants hired Jason Garrett as Offensive Coordinator and now have Kitchens at TE.

- Minnesota has named Gary Kubiak its new offensive coordinator for 2020. Kubiak was a special assistant and brought his cut back style running attack to the Vikings offense last year as an advisor. Now as OC he will be keeping the same system in place. Also the Vikings announced Mike Zimmer's son Adam and Andre Patterson will split Defensive coordinator role in 2020.

- According to Ian Rapport the Chargers are undecided on Phillip Rivers future in San Diego. For the last 16 seasons he has started for them but things are still up in the air there. Rivers and his huge family (9 kids !) moved to Florida.

- LeSean McCoy claims he plans to play next season but claimed he knows retirement will be coming eventually at some point. At 31 McCoy slowly was phased to a backup role due to age , injuries and the youth RB's the Chiefs had. This season at 31 McCoy passed the 11,000+ career yard mark and 500+ reception mark.

- According to the NFL.Com 1st mock draft by Bucky Brooks , 4 QB's will be drafted in the 1st rd. Also the Saints he predicts will draft Jordan Love at QB from Utah to be the future after Drew Brees.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Anybody seen Aaron Hernandez doc? I hadn't planned on it but football's (nearly) over and I'll get to it definitely before the draft.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Anybody seen Aaron Hernandez doc? I hadn't planned on it but football's (nearly) over and I'll get to it definitely before the draft.
    My wife said it blames his issues on his sexuality, not CTE, and pretty much denies the science behind CTE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Jodie Laubenberg, of the Texas House of Representatives, who for over a decade, has shown amazing hypocrisy on her supposed pro-life stance. She can undauntingly push for legislation that would close all abortion clinics in Texas, but at other times, has screamed at Democrats on the floor over the Texas House when debate over health insurance covering pre-natal care comes up and she wants children's health insurance and pre-natal insurance to go unfunded because "there's no money for it". She also once argued against an anti-abortion bill having exceptions for rape and incest in it because "the emergency rooms they have what’s called rape kits, that the woman can get cleaned out, basically like a D and C.” Politifact gave that statement that rape kits end pregnancies its own rare "Pants of Fire" rating, because yes, it's that ridiculous. Laubenberg has also compared Planned Parenthood to Nazis eugenics scientists, because Godwin’s Law is never far from the lips of an anti-abortion lunatic like her. In August of 2017 Laubenberg announced that this would be her last term in the Texas House of Representatives, and after 16 years of trying to criminalize abortion and harass the LGBTQ community, she will fade away into retirement.

Kyle Biedermann
    It was one year ago that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Kyle Biedermann, a member of the Texas House of Representatives representing District 73 who is the fella on the right in the above photo dressed up for Halloween as “Gay Hitler”. Now, we’re already off to a great start for this profile, just based on that image, but even Biedermann’s explanation as to why he had a photo of himself dressed up as the Flamboyant Fuhrer for Halloween on his Facebook page during his first run for office back in 2016 is… bothersome. He responded to this first controversy by saying he was “not gay and never have been. Don’t know anything about Swingers Clubs and no desire to find out.”

We are going to point out that Biedermann neglected to deny being a Nazi in that non-apology (which is the far more offensive thing to go and dress up as)… so…

Now, at this point, Kyle Biedermann as a political outsider rushing into Texas politics might seem like he’d be a long shot on the ballot… and then word also came out regarding his history of mental instability. Court documents from Biedermann’s divorce detailed several incidents where he verbally and physically abused his wife, and was negligent as a father, trying to avoid taking his daughter to the hospital when she broke both her wrists because he didn’t want to pay for any medical bills. The judge ordered him to stay away from his wife and not to contact his daughters by telephone…

Somehow, Biederman survived in the GOP Primary, getting 40% in the initial round of voting. In the final primary vote, he got 55% over incumbent Texas state legislator Doug Miller, and went on to raise hell at the state capitol, immediately joining the Texas House Freedom Caucus, with such luminaries as CSGOPOTD alumni like Jonathon Stickland and Tony Tinderholt. How, based off of the “Gay Hitler” photo and being a documented domestic abuser that this guy could still find his way into office… well, there are reasons we have to pause from writing this blog sometimes to pour out a stiff drink, and Kyle Biedermann sure is one of them.

Now, when we say that Kyle Biedermann joined the Texas House Freedom caucus and started raising hell, rest assured, we’re not saying he’s subtle. Only a few weeks into his freshman term in the state legislature, he sent out a deliberately offensive “survey” on Texas Muslim Day at the state capitol to mosques statewide that demanded a response from Muslim leaders about their beliefs in Shariah law, their opinions about if the Muslim Brotherhood should be designated as a terrorist organization, and about ideological organizations that claim to oppose Islamic extremism.

If that weren’t enough to show he’s a bit intolerant, there’s also Biedermann’s obsession with ending the Texas Dream Act, which would effectively end in-state tuition for any student who came to the United States illegally (obviously not intending to exclude those who were brought here as children whether they were willing or not). And, we’ll add that Biedermann co-sponsored HB 3859, a bill to allow adoption agencies in Texas to refuse to place children with same-sex parents, because you just knew that “Gay Hitler” thing wasn’t a one-off of homophobia. It’s like he’s playing to bigots across the board, or something…

Case in point, in 2019, Biedermann filed legislation to protect Confederate monuments, and pretending there’s a slippery slope where people will tear down the Alamo or World War II memorials, of which, there are zero calls for.

Biedermann has also been caught using Facebook to anonymously manipulate public opinion in his favor, even on issues as simplistic as nixing money that would have been spent on the construction of sports fields for youths to play on in the city of Fredericksburg.

Kyle Biedermann managed to be re-elected in 2018, in spite of getting a GOP establishment challenger in the primary for his seat in the Texas House, winning that race with 57% of the vote and coasting to victory in November with 75% of the vote. We’re hoping 2020 is the year he’s ousted, because he seems intent on a homophobic, white nationalist agenda.
    But can he catch a football?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

NFL News...

- Houston today made Bill O'Brien GM to go along with his coaching title. O'Brien himself had been acting GM in 2019 after the Texans fired Brian Gaine last season. Now he has the role fully.

- Dak Prescott is sure a new deal will happen soon for him. The QB is due to hit free agency unless he is tagged. Stephen Jones claims the Cowboys have made getting his deal getting done a #1 off season situation to do. Prescott can be franchised tagged as well if a deal isn't done by March. The Cowboys to complicate things also have Amari Cooper who also will be a free agent this off season.

- In Kansas City its said the deal for Pat Mahomes will likely reset the QB market money wise. As Mahomes could command up to $40-50 million a season possibly. Clark Hunt has said getting Mahomes signed long term will happen. Unlike Dallas that has to get Prescott signed or tagged , KC has Mahomes under contract for another season and can tag Chris Jones before he hits free agency.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Opinion: Donald Trump could take another shot at buying an NFL team

The NFL might not have seen the last of Donald Trump.

Despite being rebuffed in his efforts to buy the Buffalo Bills, and the leaguewide revulsion to his profane call to fire protesting players, Trump remains an NFL fan. And given the, oh, how shall we say it, intensity of his time in the White House, one associate said he could see the president trying to buy an NFL team again after he leaves office.

The NFL might not have seen the last of Donald Trump.

Despite being rebuffed in his efforts to buy the Buffalo Bills, and the leaguewide revulsion to his profane call to fire protesting players, Trump remains an NFL fan. And given the, oh, how shall we say it, intensity of his time in the White House, one associate said he could see the president trying to buy an NFL team again after he leaves office.

“I think he’s found his life’s work,” Caputo added. “After the presidency, he’ll be looking for his life’s hobby.”
    Of course, it could be argued, including by me, that if the league allowed Trump to buy the Bills, he would've been too busy with his team to dabble in politics, and the country would more than likely be better off today without him in the White House. That said, would the owners let him in after his stormy stint as POTUS? Who knows.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Opinion: Donald Trump could take another shot at buying an NFL team

Of course, it could be argued, including by me, that if the league allowed Trump to buy the Bills, he would've been too busy with his team to dabble in politics, and the country would more than likely be better off today without him in the White House. That said, would the owners let him in after his stormy stint as POTUS? Who knows.
    Well, the Bills are well versed in missing wide right.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fun time in New England:

- They are losing their O-line coach and are expected to lose 3-4 more coaches in the next 6 weeks.
    - Eleven (11!) teams have submitted non-tampering tenders to Tom Brady's agent. Redskins, Jets, & Giants are confirmed in the hunt for Brady. The other teams that are confirmed in the hunt are the Raiders, Chargers, & Dolphins. We don't know the other 5 for sure yet but we do know this is not counting the Pats themselves.
    - New England is going to have 3-5 players a year being added to the Hall of Fame list for the next 12 years. It's the largest amount of qualifiers since the Packer's Lombardi era started going in.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Fun time in New England:

- They are losing their O-line coach and are expected to lose 3-4 more coaches in the next 6 weeks.
    - Eleven (11!) teams have submitted non-tampering tenders to Tom Brady's agent. Redskins, Jets, & Giants are confirmed in the hunt for Brady. The other teams that are confirmed in the hunt are the Raiders, Chargers, & Dolphins. We don't know the other 5 for sure yet but we do know this is not counting the Pats themselves.
    - New England is going to have 3-5 players a year being added to the Hall of Fame list for the next 12 years. It's the largest amount of qualifiers since the Packer's Lombardi era started going in.

They have like 20 free agents as well. I posted weeks ago this is gonna be a big rebuilding project and will test just how good a coach Belichick is. If he can keep the team winning if he does lose Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They have like 20 free agents as well. I posted weeks ago this is gonna be a big rebuilding project and will test just how good a coach Belichick is. If he can keep the team winning if he does lose Brady.
    They have room to keep most of the good ones depending on how much the high profile ones ask for and if/when Brady signs. If Brady is not signed before the 3/18 deadline, they will let him walk. They don't want to get Gronked again and have to pay Brady AND keep $15.8M in dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Fun time in New England:

Why would Brady even entertain offers from bottom feeders like the Giants and Deadskins? If Brady goes anywhere (and I’m not convinced he’ll leave New England), he’ll want to go to a team that’s ready to win right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why would Brady even entertain offers from bottom feeders like the Giants and Deadskins? If Brady goes anywhere (and I’m not convinced he’ll leave New England), he’ll want to go to a team that’s ready to win right now.
    Montana even warned Brady of this. That he should really end his career in New England more or less. But if he did have to leave , make sure its a perfect fit with coaches and system he can run. Montana was lucky his final 2 seasons as KC did put in his 49ers west coast system. Its just he didn't have the talent at WR like he did with 49ers as we saw.

Will Antonio Brown make the hall of fame if he never plays another down?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Perhaps the funniest part of this video was the guy starts comically playing the Dallas tv theme....and discussing how things went. "How does Dallas manage to **** it all up next year ? Find out next season on....DALLAS !"

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Montana even warned Brady of this. That he should really end his career in New England more or less. But if he did have to leave , make sure its a perfect fit with coaches and system he can run. Montana was lucky his final 2 seasons as KC did put in his 49ers west coast system. Its just he didn't have the talent at WR like he did with 49ers as we saw.
    If Brady's goal is to keep on playing because he has nothing else better to do with his life, even if it's for a bottom feeder, then I feel sorry for the guy. Brady could retire today and get a blank check tomorrow from ESPN, CBS, NBC or NFL Network to be a studio talking head on their pregame shows, or, with his looks, he could go to Hollywood and take up acting, or, he could just stay home and bang Giselle every goddamn day. I don't get it, Brady's place in Canton has long since been reserved and has nothing left to prove, he still has his health and no sane reason to risk it, so why stay?