Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Anybody hear the rumblings about some new Dan Snyder allegations. Holy Hannah, I guess a Washington Post article is coming soon with some really ugly stuff... to be continued maybe.
    I've just come across some of the tidbits. Crazy stuff. Snyder will probably be Donald Sterling'd.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This was the wrong year to lose Drew Magary from Deadspin. A "Why Your Team Sucks: Washington ...Whatevers" with a discussion of all that stuff on Snyder?

That would have been *chef's kiss*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This was the wrong year to lose Drew Magary from Deadspin. A "Why Your Team Sucks: Washington ...Whatevers" with a discussion of all that stuff on Snyder?

That would have been *chef's kiss*
    He's gone!?

NOOOOOOooooo!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He's gone!?

NOOOOOOooooo!!!

Yeah, when Deadspin told their staff, "STICK TO SPORTS!" about 10 months ago, he was one of many writers who walked
    . The site was literally dead... spin for a month or two. Regrettably, the writers walked, and the renewed site does not "stick to sports", because how can you right now when there aren't any, and everything around them coming back is political?

Trying to find where Drew Magary writes now... got it. Hoping he brings WYTS to his spot over at Gen Medium.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've just come across some of the tidbits. Crazy stuff. Snyder will probably be Donald Sterling'd.
    Yeah, I can't see how Snyder survives this. Can't imagine any other owners coming to his defense either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    No, just that they fired anybody not white that disagreed with their opinions and demanded all picks and starters "be as many white people as you can get" among other things.

He required women to pass fitness tests annually.

He wanted his office to operate like Mad Men.

And the minority partners in ownership of the team all want out. They've pushed for the name change and are trying to get rid of him.

Front office and team personnel fucking media members in exchange for scoops and leaks.

Protecting leadership, coaches, players from getting in trouble with their wives, etc and then using that information for blackmail, leaks and to keep people obedient like Gruden, Allen, McLovin.

Creating sex "traps" to gain leverage on local officials and team members.

And that's just the beginning.

EDIT TO ADD:
    Several players are starting to step forward, stating they were forced to sign NDAs.
    This was something used against the last GM in Scot McCloughan. The team knew he had alcohol issues previously with Seahawks and 49ers. But as this claims they knew they could use it to push him out if they wanted to.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...elapses/355772
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

After the NFL now looks so wrong in their response to Kaepernick, will they fumble on Snyder? Or do the right thing and force him to sell. I know the owners are mostly Right Wing misanthrops. But even they should see this isn't acceptable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    After the NFL now looks so wrong in their response to Kaepernick, will they fumble on Snyder? Or do the right thing and force him to sell. I know the owners are mostly Right Wing misanthrops. But even they should see this isn't acceptable.
    It's one thing to see that the situation with the Deadskins is beyond reprehensible, but quite another for the owners to jettison one of their own, even if it's for the greater good. And let's make no mistake here, it'll be the owners who'll make the final call on Snyder being forced out, not the commissioner who's nothing more than a figurehead/spearcatcher. I like to believe the league learned it's lesson from the Kaepernick debacle, but I'm not sure, if there's a way to turn this situation into a first class clusterfuck, the NFL will find it.

We must remember that most if not all the owners are big backers of Trump. So offensive, immoral, misogynistic behavior doesn't bother them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The NFL is totally going to screw this up, right?

Over the past few weeks and months I’ve had numerous friends ask me if I thought the NFL would come back as scheduled this season. I feel like I don’t know how anything is going to go anymore so I would always tell my friends the same thing – I have no clue.

What I do know is this week things will get very serious for the NFL and its players, as rookies are due to report at the beginning of the week, quarterbacks and injured players are due in on Thursday, and a majority of the training camps will start on July 28th.

Those dates, however, don’t seem like sure things judging by the rightful concerns the players have about how the league is handling COVID-19 protocols. Many star players lit up the NFL on Sunday with coordinated tweets about how they are still concerned about how the NFL is going about keeping players safe and healthy.
    J.J. Watt updated fans on Sunday, tweeting about the things the players haven’t heard from the NFL. Watt’s list included: They don’t know if the league will do tests daily, every-other-day, etc. They don’t know if there will be fair opt-out clause for players who are more at risk or have family members that are high risk. They don’t know if there will be preseason games. And they still don’t know how positive tests will be handled.

Yikes.

Has the NFL spent this whole time just thinking things would go away, like the dude who’s currently in charge of this country? Because if so, that is highly naive and incredibly stupid and could put even an attempt to start this season in serious jeopardy.

You're expecting a lot from the league that ignored concussions, systemic racism, sexism, drug trafficking, steroids, sex abuse, rapes, sex trafficking, and so on.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

But they pounced on knealing!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The NFL has started to run down what they plan to do about testing and player safety.

https://www.nfl.com/news/players-wil...-weeks-of-camp

NFL players will be tested every day for the first two weeks of training camp, Dr. Allen Sills, the league's chief medical officer, said in a conference call, and it is expected that players will need more than one negative test before first being allowed to enter team facilities.

At the two-week mark, the rate of positive tests for those tested -- players, coaches and staff who are in close contact with the football team -- will be examined and if the rate of positive tests is below five percent, testing will move to every other day. Training camp is set to begin for the entire league July 28.

The NFLPA and league agreed to these protocols Monday.

"Our union has been pushing for the strongest testing, tracing and treatment protocols to keep our players safe," an NFLPA statement on COVID-19 testing procedures read. "The testing protocols we agreed to are one critical factor that will help us return to work safely and gives us the best chance to play and finish the season."

The news came after a series of prominent players took to social media Sunday to question the league's readiness on health and safety measures for the opening of camps. The frequency of testing had been one of the biggest outstanding issues to be resolved between the league and the players union. Players had pushed for daily testing and one owner said late last week that teams have been told there could be a considerable number of positive tests as players travel from their homes to gather at their team facilities over the next week. But doctors for the league and the union have assured teams that once players get into the protocols and are being tested regularly, the positivity rate should drop.

If a player tests positive but has no symptoms, he can return to the facility 10 days after the initial positive test or if he receives two consecutive negative tests within five days of the initial positive test. If the player has a positive test and symptoms, he can return after at least 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and at least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms.

Players who have close contact with someone who has symptoms will be tested and isolated as soon as possible. If the test is negative, and the player continues to have no symptoms, he may return to the facility but will have increased symptom monitoring and more frequent testing. If the player has close contact with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test, he will be tested and even if the test is negative and the player has no symptoms, he would need a second negative test before being allowed to return.

The final testing protocol agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA extends to the initial screening timeline, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, as players will be tested on the first and fourth days of camp, with two days of remote education in between. The idea behind this protocol is that waiting another day will aid in capturing the virus as it incubates. Therefore, veteran players who report on July would get a physical no sooner than Aug. 1.

The NFL has contracted with a national lab to handle the testing for all 32 teams, so that the league's testing needs would not be a drain on supplies in local markets. The NFL expects to receive test results within 24 hours.

Players will wear proximity recording devices during all team activities -- at the facility, practice, team travel -- and the data from those devices will provide highly precise contact tracing information. Sills said that will help identify which other players and staff an infected player has come in closest contact with, so that they can be tested and isolated quickly. That will become especially important as practices and games begin.

Sills emphasized, though, that players and staff will still bear the responsibility of modifying their behavior at the facility and away from it, to mitigate the risk of infection.

"We cannot test our way to safety," he said.

Sills said the protocols will undoubtedly change during the season as doctors learn more about the virus and new tests are developed.

Among the outstanding issues that still remain between the league and the players union is the structure of training camp. There is expected to be a weeks-long conditioning period before players put on pads for a regular practice. And the sides are still discussing how many, if any, preseason games will be played. Players want no preseason games, while the league had wanted two and just recently proposed a one-game preseason.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But they pounced on knealing!
    And the pearls were clutched!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-22-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Ruh Roh!
    NFL owner and Trump ambassador to UK sparks watchdog inquiry over allegations of racist and sexist remarks and push to promote Trump business

Johnson was always a Trump loving scumbag, but one of these allegations is a federal crime, prohibited in the Constitution.

But we see now with Snyder and this that the owners do not have to adhere to any standards.