Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ruh Roh!
    NFL owner and Trump ambassador to UK sparks watchdog inquiry over allegations of racist and sexist remarks and push to promote Trump business

Johnson was always a Trump loving scumbag, but one of these allegations is a federal crime, prohibited in the Constitution.

But we see now with Snyder and this that the owners do not have to adhere to any standards.

Ever since the pandemic started, Wednesday's have been particularly tough for me. So thanks for nothin' Kirby...

WTF!?! Let's just extend the bolded to the super wealthy as a general rule. A stereotype if you will, of which I will promote as such a harmful designation. I feel we ought to look at the 1% the same as how White folks saw Nat King Cole back in the day, "He was one of the good ones".

How many times we have to hear bullshit from 'WOODY' btw and why in the **** is HE a United States Ambassador? I just can't today.

In 2018, ahead of an event for Black History Month -- commonly marked at US embassies around the world -- Johnson appeared agitated and asked if the audience would be "a whole bunch of Black people," according to one source.
    What... like a defensive secondary unit type 'whole bunch of Black people'?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ever since the pandemic started, Wednesday's have been particularly tough for me. So thanks for nothin' Kirby...

WTF!?! Let's just extend the bolded to the super wealthy as a general rule. A stereotype if you will, of which I will promote as such a harmful designation. I feel we ought to look at the 1% the same as how White folks saw Nat King Cole back in the day, "He was one of the good ones".

How many times we have to hear bullshit from 'WOODY' btw and why in the **** is HE a United States Ambassador? I just can't today.

What... like a defensive secondary unit type 'whole bunch of Black people'?
    I agree Surf, it is the 1%, who cared more about a tax cut so they can keep more of their money than letting the country go down in flames. Woody was a major fund raiser for Trump, that bought him the Ambassadorship.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In sad news Carlton Haselrig a former Steelers guard died at 54. It was natural causes. Haselrig is famous for being selected in 12th rd of the 1989 NFL Draft and never playing college football. In fact he was a college wrestler who won 6 division I and II titles from 1987 to 1989. After trying him on defense , he became a Pro Bowl guard.

Sadly off field issues ended a promising career after so many seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not the Onion ...

Washington's football team to call itself Washington Football Team until it settles on a new name.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...form-for-2020/

Should have at least gone with Teamy McTeamface
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not the Onion ...

Washington's football team to call itself Washington Football Team until it settles on a new name.

Why not just Washington? LOL!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Why not just Washington? LOL!
    Which is what a lot of sportswriters have been calling them for years because they didn't want to use the Redskins name.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Snyder's arrogant stupidity left him without a name that wasn't trademarked. He should have planned for this, but he is too much a SOB.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Not the Onion ...

Or Washington FC (Football Club) like European soccer teams call themselves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Not the Onion ...

You know, Washington Football Club was right there. That way, the team could thumb their noses at everyone and be the biggest douchebags in the room. And the saddest thing is that there's going to be merch made this year of a team called "Washington Football Team", and I plan on buying a shirt or a pennant as living proof that this team did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    You know, Washington Football Club was right there. That way, the team could thumb their noses at everyone and be the biggest douchebags in the room. And the saddest thing is that there's going to be merch made this year of a team called "Washington Football Team", and I plan on buying a shirt or a pennant as living proof that this team did exist.
    Buy a chinese knock off just to screw them.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Buy a chinese knock off just to screw them.
    Man, if I buy it off Wish, I'll get one that says "Football Washington Team" and may end up with the modified Redskins logo from the "Go Fund Yourself" episode of South Park.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looks like the Vikings are giving Mike Zimmer a contract extension. Good News. Been a very good Head Coach.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/07/23/...l-mike-zimmer/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Someone brought up the Replacements movie and the stand in for the Redskins name was Sentinels. So why not use it for a year til a better name comes along.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All the talk about Woody Johnson on Sports Radio is about his ethnic slurs. No one has mentioned that he violated the Constitution, betrayed his office and broke his oath.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-24-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Someone brought up the Replacements movie and the stand in for the Redskins name was Sentinels. So why not use it for a year til a better name comes along.
    Is this their logo and mascot?