Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is this their logo and mascot?

A metaphor for the past quarter century of football under Dan Snyder:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I just saw ESPN's first abbreviation for Washington FT ... They should've gone with Washington Team Football ... they we'd get a WTF on the screen every game! WFT made me do a double take.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All the talk about Woody Johnson on Sports Radio is about his ethnic slurs. No one has mentioned that he violated the Constitution, betrayed his office and broke his oath.
    With pretty much every politician doing those three things these days, it isn't like he stands out that much from the crowd.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    With pretty much every Republican politician doing those three things these days, it isn't like he stands out that much from the crowd.
    Fixed it for you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One of the things the NFL and NFLPA agreed on was allowing players to "Opt Out" of 2020. The contracts roll over and the players get a small part of a salary. Today the Chiefs had their starting guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif announce he was opting out due to safety reasons. Tardif works at a care home and cares for patients right now and will continue to do that from what he claims.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-guar...xy__GGH0d46MJk
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fixed it for you.
    They are ALL guilty so you didn't fix anything.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They are ALL guilty so you didn't fix anything.
    This President is in a category all his own. And the Ambassador for the UK shilling for one of his properties in unprecedented, and unconstitutional.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

NFL News...

- The NY Jets after rumors of weeks finally did a big trade of safety Jamal Adams. He was traded to Seattle with a 2022 4th rd draft pick for safety Bradley McDougald and a 2021 1st and 3rd rd pick as well as a 2022 1st rd pick. The Jets GM said this offer was one they couldn't pass up. Adams had requested a trade in June after the relationship with the team had broken down too much.

- The LA Chargers signed their 1st rd draft pick Justin Herbert (QB) to a 4 year $26.6 million contract that is fully guaranteed.

- Chicago traded former 2017 2nd rd pick Adam Shaheen (TE) to the Miami Dolphins. Shaheen was expected to be a big time starter in 2019 but injuries hampered that and the Bears decided to move on after adding several players this off season.

- A day after KC Chiefs starting guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif decided to opt out of 2020 season , the team announced they had signed former Pro Bowl guard Kelechi Osemele to a 1 year deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

- The NY Jets after rumors of weeks finally did a big trade of safety Jamal Adams. He was traded to Seattle with a 2022 4th rd draft pick for safety Bradley McDougald and a 2021 1st and 3rd rd pick as well as a 2022 1st rd pick. The Jets GM said this offer was one they couldn't pass up. Adams had requested a trade in June after the relationship with the team had broken down too much.

- The LA Chargers signed their 1st rd draft pick Justin Herbert (QB) to a 4 year $26.6 million contract that is fully guaranteed.

- Chicago traded former 2017 2nd rd pick Adam Shaheen (TE) to the Miami Dolphins. Shaheen was expected to be a big time starter in 2019 but injuries hampered that and the Bears decided to move on after adding several players this off season.

- A day after KC Chiefs starting guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif decided to opt out of 2020 season , the team announced they had signed former Pro Bowl guard Kelechi Osemele to a 1 year deal.
    I wonder what happens to Seattle if no football is played? They look kinda screwed with that trade ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I wonder what happens to Seattle if no football is played? They look kinda screwed with that trade ...
    The next two years' first round picks for a safety. I know they want to rebuild the Legion of Boom and all, but the point of the original one was that they drafted smart and put them together from picks throughout the whole draft.

This tells me Seattle is in "win now" mode, and I have to wonder why. Russell's got half his career left, and on a long-term deal. The only thing I can figure is this is Pete Carroll trying for one more title run before he bails.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The next two years' first round picks for a safety. I know they want to rebuild the Legion of Boom and all, but the point of the original one was that they drafted smart and put them together from picks throughout the whole draft.

This tells me Seattle is in "win now" mode, and I have to wonder why. Russell's got half his career left, and on a long-term deal. The only thing I can figure is this is Pete Carroll trying for one more title run before he bails.
    Seattle is in a tough division to catch the 49ers. The only way to catch up is improve the defense. The biggest issue is the fact they gambled so many draft picks away to do it. Adams will demand a big pay day as well. Its part of his contract talks. Like the LA Rams who gambled and lost last season with a big trade for Ramsey , the team needs to lock up Adams now.

In perhaps one of the greatest potential returns from a terrible injury and 17 surgeries....Alex Smith is set to show up in Washington for his physical. His doctors have cleared him to return to football. That the rod in his leg is good and healed up enough for NFL. Whether he passes or not...will be amazing.

Alex Smith is officially the toughest guy who ever played the game to do this after 17 surgeries.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In perhaps one of the greatest potential returns from a terrible injury and 17 surgeries....Alex Smith is set to show up in Washington for his physical. His doctors have cleared him to return to football. That the rod in his leg is good and healed up enough for NFL. Whether he passes or not...will be amazing.

Alex Smith is officially the toughest guy who ever played the game to do this after 17 surgeries.
    But probably not the smartest. You mean to tell me Smith can't think of another way to stay in football without actually having to play? I mean, he could go into coaching or scouting, or become a talking head on TV, wanting to take the field again boggles the mind. I'm sorry, but that's crazy, especially when you consider he came close to dying on the operating table. Also, what are his chances of even making the roster after over a year out of the game and being perhaps fourth on the Deadskins' depth chart?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-27-2020 at 03:58 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But probably not the smartest. You mean to tell me Smith can't think of another way to stay in football without actually having to play? I mean, he could go into coaching or scouting, or become a talking head on TV, wanting to take the field again boggles the mind. I'm sorry, but that's crazy, especially when you consider he came close to dying on the operating table. Also, what are his chances of even making the roster after over a year out of the game and being perhaps fourth on the WTF's depth chart?
    New name y'all.

But yeah, the game almost literally killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But probably not the smartest. You mean to tell me Smith can't think of another way to stay in football without actually having to play? I mean, he could go into coaching or scouting, or become a talking head on TV, wanting to take the field again boggles the mind. I'm sorry, but that's crazy, especially when you consider he came close to dying on the operating table. Also, what are his chances of even making the roster after over a year out of the game and being perhaps fourth on the Deadskins' depth chart?
    He's a long shot really. There is fear he could be hurt again with that leg. But he took a huge risk to do what were seeing. The doctors warned him of that one surgery that by doing it he could weaken his other leg and be crippled last year. Smith rolled the dice and told them to do it. I think Smith wants to legit take at least one snap in preseason perhaps to see if he can still play. But whether the team does it or not...remains to be seen.

Its believed Andy Reid has already made it known once Alex Smith does call it a career he's gonna move to make him a coach on the team. That Smith has the genius of how he helped Mahomes that 1 season and can diagnose plays on sidelines. So if Alex can't return he will push to get him as a coach.