Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He's a long shot really. There is fear he could be hurt again with that leg. But he took a huge risk to do what were seeing. The doctors warned him of that one surgery that by doing it he could weaken his other leg and be crippled last year. Smith rolled the dice and told them to do it. I think Smith wants to legit take at least one snap in preseason perhaps to see if he can still play. But whether the team does it or not...remains to be seen.
    Washington FC would be stupid to even consider letting Smith play, but, if they did, they'd probably insist on him signing a stack of waivers thicker than a Stephen King novel.

Its believed Andy Reid has already made it known once Alex Smith does call it a career he's gonna move to make him a coach on the team. That Smith has the genius of how he helped Mahomes that 1 season and can diagnose plays on sidelines. So if Alex can't return he will push to get him as a coach.
    That would be a smart move as Smith could make Mahomes even better than he already is now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

That would be a smart move as Smith could make Mahomes even better than he already is now.
    He likely could step in as QB Coach his 1st season , learn more under Reid and shift to offensive coordinator by the 2nd or 3rd year. Given how Reid elevates and gets his coaches to learn and be ready.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don't think that the NFL season will happen. The only way they could get it done is for each team to restrict their players to a hotel and make them stay in their rooms when they are not practicing. There is too much contact in this game.

Seattle is in a tough division to catch the 49ers. The only way to catch up is improve the defense. The biggest issue is the fact they gambled so many draft picks away to do it. Adams will demand a big pay day as well. Its part of his contract talks. Like the LA Rams who gambled and lost last season with a big trade for Ramsey , the team needs to lock up Adams now.
    Plus, Arizona's on the rise. Seattle made this move to stay the #2 team, and challenge SF for #1. Had they not made it, I think the Cardinals would be right on their heels.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Any hope for an NFL season just died today with the MLB outbreak. Baseball is the easiest sport to social distance in yet they already have a major outbreak in the 1st week which is most likely going to cause a cancellation of the entire season. There will be outbreaks in NFL teams as well which will lead to a cancellation. Only question is if it happens during training camps or they actually make it to the season first.

NHL and NBA have a slight chance of finishing since they are playing in bubbles but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't think that the NFL season will happen. The only way they could get it done is for each team to restrict their players to a hotel and make them stay in their rooms when they are not practicing. There is too much contact in this game.
    To me the NFL should do this...

- 8 game season.

- Start in October and play a game every other week (that means take a weekend off each time) . This way you have time to do testing and keep things safer.

This way you try to keep players safe with testing and more. You also watch how they are.

This to me is really a last ditch plan and the other idea would be to just cancel the season fully.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

To me the NFL should do this...

- 8 game season.

- Start in October and play a game every other week (that means take a weekend off each time) . This way you have time to do testing and keep things safer.

This way you try to keep players safe with testing and more. You also watch how they are.

This to me is really a last ditch plan and the other idea would be to just cancel the season fully.
    That's what soccer and golf did ... still got infected.

There's several MLB players and NBA players with heart problems now ... NFL should just cancel.

It's not worth their lives.

It's going to get worse in the fall and winter. A vaccine won't be in place till JAN 21 and even if a vaccine was in effect tomorrow, it would take 6-8 months to get herd immunity.

We're not playing football this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yep....we can at least say Kansas City is the longest running Super Bowl champion ! lol

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I suspect the NFL will go ahead with business as usual, including a full 16-game slate. There's an arrogance evident that says: "We're the National Football League. We're bigger than any stupid virus. We'll do what we want, when we want, and nothing will stop us". The league no doubt believes they'll succeed with their health contingency plans where everyone else failed, I think they're delusional myself, today's debacle with the Marlins said the virus is still running the show and will attack anyone, everywhere, and the league will NOT be exempt. In fact, I'll go on record and say the NFL will fall apart and have to rethink their plans by mid-August.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's what soccer and golf did ... still got infected.

There's several MLB players and NBA players with heart problems now ... NFL should just cancel.

It's not worth their lives.

It's going to get worse in the fall and winter. A vaccine won't be in place till JAN 21 and even if a vaccine was in effect tomorrow, it would take 6-8 months to get herd immunity.

We're not playing football this year.
    And the odd thing with golf is that no one needs to be close to anyone else. It seems like a near perfect sport to play in this environment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Maybe the NFL should do a virtual Madden season and playoffs instead.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

In fact, I'll go on record and say the NFL will fall apart and have to rethink their plans by mid-August.
    So... do we feel ANY NFL action will be seen in 2020? I've been sayin' for months America is going to have to cope with no football for the first time since reconstruction. I was looking forward to some Goddell anomaly farce under the pandemic. Maybe college football will be closer to televising but were getting into some overdue time for players to report and the college kids seem to be up in the air as much as everyone else. My money would be on that the SEC gets off a couple inter-division scrimmage blunders but the pros have already cancelled (Canton game) so putting a hat on this pig isn't going to quite work, even the big bad NFL would need to pull back.

My season ticket holder co-worker did say Lucas Oil will be at 25% and the season payments have been deferred to 2021 fwiw but that's just the Colts.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't think so either. MLB came back days ago and already there's been some canceled games with the virus infecting a locker room. Hell just one slip up with the NBA's bubble idea and that could tank too, and there is absolutely no feasible way for the NFL to do a bubble scenario. I hate the idea of no football, but its just a disaster waiting to happen. That said I have a hard time seeing them not trying to force it.

I suspect the NFL will go ahead with business as usual, including a full 16-game slate. There's an arrogance evident that says: "We're the National Football League. We're bigger than any stupid virus. We'll do what we want, when we want, and nothing will stop us". The league no doubt believes they'll succeed with their health contingency plans where everyone else failed, I think they're delusional myself, today's debacle with the Marlins said the virus is still running the show and will attack anyone, everywhere, and the league will NOT be exempt. In fact, I'll go on record and say the NFL will fall apart and have to rethink their plans by mid-August.
    Or just all of this, lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-27-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

VOLUNTARY OPT-OUTS
    Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Tennessee Titans: OL Anthony McKinney

HIGHER RISK OPT-OUTS
    Minnesota Vikings: DT Michael Pierce

New England Patriots: OL Marcus Cannon

Washington Football Team: DE Caleb Brantley

UNSPECIFIED OPT-OUTS
    Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

New England Patriots: S Patrick Chung

Philadelphia Eagles: WR Marquise Goodwin
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well the overall #1 pick signed his rookie deal. Joe Burrow inked a 4 year deal worth $36.19 million guaranteed. He also gets a signing bonus of $23.9 million. Burrow is expected to be the big impact star QB the Bengals haven't had since ...well...since Boomer Esasian. Whether he can be that remains to be seen. But he signed a decent rookie deal.