Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Washington continues to be an insane comedy show at times. For months Ron Rivera would praise Peterson and him being a veteran to groom guys and teach them. Hell he was getting most of the #1 snaps in camp as the 1st string RB. Then he got the call from Rivera that the team wanted to go with young RB's and a different play style.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Washington continues to be an insane comedy show at times. For months Ron Rivera would praise Peterson and him being a veteran to groom guys and teach them. Hell he was getting most of the #1 snaps in camp as the 1st string RB. Then he got the call from Rivera that the team wanted to go with young RB's and a different play style.
    How's Dallas' RB room looking behind Zeke? Because Jerrah has been trying to put AP in a Cowboys uniform for like a decade. Nabbing him from a division rival would be the best way to do it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    How's Dallas' RB room looking behind Zeke? Because Jerrah has been trying to put AP in a Cowboys uniform for like a decade. Nabbing him from a division rival would be the best way to do it.
    McCarthy has been having Zeke take most of the snaps lined up either in the slot or split out rather than in the backfield, and has been talking about Zeke getting touches not carries all through training camp, so I doubt AP fits what McCarthy is looking to do at the RB position. I would guess most of the backs behind Zeke would be more pass catchers than pure runners.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Dolphins are reportedly going to cut 3rd year QB Josh Rosen a year after trading a 2nd round pick for him, two years after Arizona drafted him at #10 overall.

So he'll be looking for his third team in three years from waivers to catch on with. Rosen has started 16 games over those two years, and is 3-13 as a starter. He hasn't had a win as a starter since Dec. 2nd, 2018, when Arizona got their only win at Lambeau field as a franchise with him under center in a 20-17 game that led to Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy's firing. Rosen's career passer rating is currently 63.5, with 12 TDs and 19 INTs with a completion percentage at 54.8%. He's taken a beating in those games as well, getting sacked 61 times in the 20 total games he's appeared in.

The Dolphins are reportedly going to cut 3rd year QB Josh Rosen a year after trading a 2nd round pick for him, two years after Arizona drafted him at #10 overall.

So he'll be looking for his third team in three years from waivers to catch on with. Rosen has started 16 games over those two years, and is 3-13 as a starter. He hasn't had a win as a starter since Dec. 2nd, 2018, when Arizona got their only win at Lambeau field as a franchise with him under center in a 20-17 game that led to Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy's firing. Rosen's career passer rating is currently 63.5, with 12 TDs and 19 INTs with a completion percentage at 54.8%. He's taken a beating in those games as well, getting sacked 61 times in the 20 total games he's appeared in.
    Time for Belichick to come in and see if there is something there. He can come in and learn under someone and do what he should have gotten from the start. Time to learn and have a team around him. And Cam is coming back from injury on a 1 year deal right now. This could be the perfect spot for Rosen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL News

- A day after being a surprise cut by the Washington team , Adrian Peterson signed a 1 year deal with Detroit Lions. The deal with incentives could be for over $2+ million for the season. Peterson has said he wanted to play for at least 4 more seasons.

- Jadaven Clowney who was the last big free agent defensive player who wasn't signed , finally signed a 1 year $12+ million contract with Tennessee Titans. The deal could be worth up to $15 million with incentives.

- Tampa Bay has signed Josh Rosen to its practice squad . This will allow Rosen to sit and learn under the greatest QB in history for awhile and get him time to learn a system and coach in Bruce Ariens that could benefit him.

- Speaking of Clowney , the New Orleans Saints tried to pull off one of the 1st in NFL trade deals. Ok here we go. New Orleans could not match the Titans offer cash wise with incentives. So they started talks with Cleveland Browns who had HUGE cap space and could sign Clowney to that deal. Then the Browns would turn and trade Clowney to the Saints for some cash and a 2nd rd pick. With the Browns picking up difference cash wise on the deal. The NFL itself looked at the deal and was likely to reject it as one NFL executive claimed "You can't trade money.." to other teams. Clowney then signed with Titans.

- Chicago has named Mitchell Trubisky the starting QB for week 1.

- Dallas is bringing back a former player . The Cowboys have signed free agent CB Brandon Carr to the practice squad. Carr has started 192 consecutive starts in NFL 2nd to Phillip Rivers in that span. Carr is 34 and is attempting to keep his career going.

- Pittsburgh has signed DT Cameron Hayward to a 4 year deal worth $65.6 million. This keeps Hayward in Pittsburgh for at least 2025.

- Miami has announced that Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the week 1 starter.

This will likely be the last update of the 2020 Off Season thread.

- Arizona today signed DeAndre Hopkins to a 2 year , $54.5 million dollar extension. Hopkins is signed through 2023 and 2024 but will make $27+ million a season and he will get $42.75 guaranteed in signing.

- Cleveland Browns signed Kareem Hunt to a 2 year extension at $13.25 million.

Got one more for you: Von Miller likely out the season after apparently tearing a tendon in his ankle on the last play of practice. Giganormous blow for a Broncos team looking to finally lift out of their post-Manning funk.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Got one more for you: Von Miller likely out the season after apparently tearing a tendon in his ankle on the last play of practice. Giganormous blow for a Broncos team looking to finally lift out of their post-Manning funk.
    I had seen that and thought it was a simple ankle sprain or deal where he'd miss a week or 2. WOW....

This will likely be the last update of the 2020 Off Season thread.

- Arizona today signed DeAndre Hopkins to a 2 year , $54.5 million dollar extension. Hopkins is signed through 2023 and 2024 but will make $27+ million a season and he will get $42.75 guaranteed in signing.

- Cleveland Browns signed Kareem Hunt to a 2 year extension at $13.25 million.
    How is Hopkins worth anywhere near that? That is insane for a WR.

That is 5 million more than Julio Jones and 7 more than Amari Cooper.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-08-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is Hopkins worth anywhere near that? That is insane for a WR.

That is 5 million more than Julio Jones and 7 more than Amari Cooper.
    Hopkins has been really , really good the last 3 seasons earning 1st team All-Pros for it. 2 of them with so/so QB's. In fact as this details , he's performed so well with guys like Brock Osweiler throwing him the ball it was due for him to command a big contract extension finally.

https://www.nfl.com/players/DeAndre-Hopkins/stats/

Hopkins is 28 and this is just at age 28 right now. He has a window to reset the WR yards , receptions mark if he keeps up the pace he's on. Arizona needed a #1 WR as Fitzgerald heads into sunset and this is it for them. Its gonna be damn near scary to imagine this guy , Fitzgerald and Kirk on the field lining up.

Sorry, I just can't see QB money for a WR.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Its not really QB money for him . WR salaries have been creeping up. As this article details on salaries and you posted he will be making $5+ million more than Julio Jones and Amari Cooper. Before this extension he was ranked 9th in WR salaries. He wanted paid as the top guy since ...well at 28 he's the top guy. Plus his salary will be that in 3 seasons. Hell right now the crop of free agent WR's in 2023 could demand more per year by that stage.

Its not really QB money for him . WR salaries have been creeping up. As this article details on salaries and you posted he will be making $5+ million more than Julio Jones and Amari Cooper. Before this extension he was ranked 9th in WR salaries. He wanted paid as the top guy since ...well at 28 he's the top guy. Plus his salary will be that in 3 seasons. Hell right now the crop of free agent WR's in 2023 could demand more per year by that stage.
    Unless I'm mistaken, they set this deal up so that it should expire the same year Arizona will start needing to pay actual QB money to Kyler Murray and he's coming off his rookie deal.

They now have the top paid safety and WR and their roster. Whether or not they figure out how to restructure another contract for Patrick Peterson at CB or Chandler Jones at OLB...

Well, s***. You can't have the highest paid everything on your roster.

Unless I'm mistaken, they set this deal up so that it should expire the same year Arizona will start needing to pay actual QB money to Kyler Murray and he's coming off his rookie deal.

They now have the top paid safety and WR and their roster. Whether or not they figure out how to restructure another contract for Patrick Peterson at CB or Chandler Jones at OLB...

Well, s***. You can't have the highest paid everything on your roster.

Well Peterson will be a free agent after this season and will demand some serious money as usual. Jones has 2 years left and will be a free agent in 2022. So they have time for them to get Jones signed. No clue if they will try with Peterson. I know trade talks circled him for last season as KC wanted him but Arizona didn't budge on that.