Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    All of them deserve it. I have no objections to any of these guys. Atwater was one of the best of his era, and could take people's heads off and made so many big plays for Denver's Super Bowl teams. Hutchinson was the best goddamned guard of his era, hands down. Edge was a dual-threat running back in the mold of Marshall Faulk, and made the Colts more than just Peyton. And Polamalu... Christ Almighty, he was everywhere on the back end of Pittsburgh's defense during their past few Super Bowl appearances. Guy was a rare Madden "99-rating", and every week people game-planned around him. Which was hard, because he could line up everywhere on any play and blitz the run, blitz the pass, or drop back and cause havoc. Isaac Bruce is the "controversial" one but he had eight different 1,000 yard seasons, and +15,000 yards receiving and 91 career TDs. That's... pretty good for a supposedly "weak" resume. He's got a ring, and his numbers dwarf say... Lynn Swann.

A great Hall of Fame class.
    I remember when I heard another NFL player refer to Polumalu as the best strong safety in the NFL. From the mouth of Rodney Harrison.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Josh Jacobs got robbed of OROY
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Regarding Tom Brady ...

- The Brady tweet actually foreshadows a commercial according to reports and will air tonight during the Super Bowl. The tweet became a big deal but is part of a commercial that Brady shot.

- The big news according to sources is that New England is prepared to pay Tom Brady in excess of $30+ million a season for at least 2 more seasons. The Patriots believe Brady has 2 more years left. But according to the report Brady wants the Patriots to spend money on weapons to help him next season. This could lead him to seriously look at the LA Chargers who are expected to make a big push to get him.

The Chargers have the weapons offensively and would likely incorporate his famous work out routine he does in the off season. Another team that could possibly look into Brady is the Tennessee Titans who will have to decide on him or what they will do about Ryan Tannehill by March.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I'm amazed Edge got in before Reggie Wayne.

And here we go
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    And here we go

This thread is for 2020 off season. The 2019 thread is for Super Bowl.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With the Chiefs winning Super Bowl 54 (I'm still stunned at saying this) they enter an off season of questions.

- They will have a number of key free agents. Big among them is Chris Jones (DT) and Terrell Suggs (DE) with Suggs wanting to come back next year. Also Breshard Breeland , Kendall Fuller , and Matt Moore will be free agents. Right now before deals are restructured KC is only $16 million under the cap.

- KC will need to free up money for Pat Mahomes. He is gonna make sure his knee is ok fully and have another MRI done for KC. The Chiefs are likely to hand Mahomes $40+ million a season and as Sammy Watkins said a week ago , its well deserved for what he's done for the franchise thus far.

- The AFC West will be a harder road next year as Oakland will be adding in free agency more than likely and the Chargers are eying Tom Brady. But the one thing about Andy Reid is his ability to somehow find youthful guys and push older ones out since 2013. This is an organization that won a Super Bowl without : Eric Berry , Brandon Flowers , Marcus Peters , Derrick Johnson , Dee Ford and Justin Houston. That is absolute stunning at what Reid has been able to churn out.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

- The AFC West will be a harder road next year as Las Vegas will be adding in free agency more than likely and the Chargers are eying Tom Brady. But the one thing about Andy Reid is his ability to somehow find youthful guys and push older ones out since 2013. This is an organization that won a Super Bowl without : Eric Berry , Brandon Flowers , Marcus Peters , Derrick Johnson , Dee Ford and Justin Houston. That is absolute stunning at what Reid has been able to churn out.

SUggs is 37 going on 38 for a LB. Might not be a bad idea to call it quits. He's got two rings. Breeland and Fuller played well and will probably get some FA offers. But your right hard to believe Andy won it without of some of those major KC names like Berry, Peters, Houston, Ford and Flowers.

SUggs is 37 going on 38 for a LB. Might not be a bad idea to call it quits. He's got two rings. Breeland and Fuller played well and will probably get some FA offers. But your right hard to believe Andy won it without of some of those major KC names like Berry, Peters, Houston, Ford and Flowers.
    I believe Suggs is gonna talk to Reid and see. To come back his deal will likely be redone as well as Watkins. I think Mahomes may wait til 2020 is over or do a deal where his mega deal picks up after it.

From how Mahomes talks he of course deserves the money but seems to have a mind set that he wants to keep winning championships with this team. Keeping Jones is a big deal at DT.

Enjoy that terrible draft position, Super!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Enjoy that terrible draft position, Super!
    Well Reid and Veach seem to do a great job drafting talent out of the 1st rd since 2013. In fact a few of his "reaches" talent wise have hit big time.

2013 NFL Draft:

Travis Kelce (3rd rd)

2014 NFL Draft:

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (6th Rd)

2016 NFL Draft :

Chris Jones (2nd Rd
    DeMarcus Robinson (4th rd)
    Tyreek Hill (5th rd)

2017 NFL Draft :

Tanoh Kpassagnon (2nd rd)

2018 NFL Draft :

Derrick Nnadi (3rd rd)
    Dorian O'Daniel (3rd rd)

2019 Draft :

Micole Hardman (2nd rd)
    Khalen Saunders (3rd rd)
    Rashad Fenton (6th rd)

What is amazing is if you look at the Chiefs roster its full of undrafted players like Dan Sorenson who went undrafted and are starters now on defense or guys they pulled off other teams practice squads like Williams. Its just a roster of middle round draft picks , undrafted players and a few key free agents sprinkled in.

NFL News...

- Andy Reid has said he's a long time from retirement and Pat Mahomes has said he plans to be in KC long term. So the 2 seem ready to keep the Mahomes Magic era in KC rolling a long while.

- Chris Jones has said he wants to a Chief for life after winning the Super Bowl. Jones is a free agent and the Chiefs are expected to make some moves to free up cap space soon.

- Atlanta has said that the team will not pursue a contract extension with Vic Beasley (DE). Beasley played out his 5th year option and the Falcons will look to upgrade a defense that ranked 31st in sacks. Despite Beasley putting up 8 sacks on the season the team is moving on. The team thanked him for his play the last 5 seasons.

- Carolina in a good faith gesture released Greg Olsen (TE) 4 days after him and the team agreed to a mutual departure. The team thanked Olsen for his years of service and are allowing him to get a jump on free agency. Olsen is also debating a TV broadcasting career as he joined Fox for their pregame. He is visiting 2 teams currently in Washington and Buffalo for now though.

- 24 hours after his former team lost in the Super Bowl ; guard Joshua Garnett signed with the Detroit Lions as a free agent. Garnett is a former 1st rd pick but injuries and his return to playing a season later was what led the team to release him in 2019.

- According to the latest mock draft by Chad Reuter at NFL.Com ; the Dolphins are expected to pass on Tau and select Justin Herbert (QB) instead. This is gonna be an interesting thing to see if this happens. Of his mock 3rd draft Tua he predicts will be drafted by the next by the Chargers and that the Steelers who don't pick til 3rd rd select Jalen Hurts.

- Kansas City's victory parade is scheduled for Wednesday.

NFL News

- The LA Chargers decided to lock up HC Anthony Lynn with a contract extension through 2021. Lynn's deal was set to expire after the 2020 season and people debated on his future after the team had its 1st losing season under him. A lot was due to injuries and more.

The Chargers have a couple big free agents and one is Phillip Rivers. They have to decide his future with the team .

-

Josh Jacobs got robbed of OROY
    Gonna disagree. Kyler Murray's rookie year numbers are stats that only one other player had as a rookie... Cam Newton, former MVP. Only four veteran QBs had 500 yards rushing and 3500 yards passing.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murra...233941610.html

DeShaun Watson, Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Russell Wilson.

Culpepper might be the only anomaly who achieved that feat, but then again, having Randy Moss in his prime will spot you 1500 yards passing, easily.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

With Mahomes the new "benchmark" for teams to get that wide open QB who can carry a team as we see. With his arm and mobility I have to wonder if Arizona is hoping that Murray takes that 2018 Mahomes leap. That if he can be that in year #2 . (To be honest the 2018 season was basically Mahomes rookie year really since he didn't start but 1 game in 2017)

Whoever drafts Tua , that too will come up. Whether the Dolphins decide he's the future guy then will they sit him a year ? Or do they do what Arizona did with Kyler Murray ?