Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Gonna disagree. Kyler Murray's rookie year numbers are stats that only one other player had as a rookie... Cam Newton, former MVP. Only four veteran QBs had 500 yards rushing and 3500 yards passing.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murra...233941610.html

DeShaun Watson, Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Russell Wilson.

Culpepper might be the only anomaly who achieved that feat, but then again, having Randy Moss in his prime will spot you 1500 yards passing, easily.

Jacobs put up 1150 yards and 7 touchdowns in 13 games last season and would have had more if he hadn't missed three of the last four games. Not to mention he turned the 4-12 Raiders to 7-9 while Kyler only took a 3-13 team to 5-10-1
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So, walking gasbag Skip Bayless suggested the Niners cut Jimmy G and sign Tom Brady. Yeah, Garoppolo has the issues of a shaky QB (his age, his fondness for the dink and dunk, uncertainty in play calling), but what makes you think Tom Brady is just going to up and head to Santa Clara? "Because he grew up a Niners fan?"

San Francisco is going to have to rely on Jimmy G for a while and it's probably the safer choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, walking gasbag Skip Bayless suggested the Niners cut Jimmy G and sign Tom Brady. Yeah, Garoppolo has the issues of a shaky QB (his age, his fondness for the dink and dunk, uncertainty in play calling), but what makes you think Tom Brady is just going to up and head to Santa Clara? "Because he grew up a Niners fan?"

San Francisco is going to have to rely on Jimmy G for a while and it's probably the safer choice.
    Let's all say it again together... "Skip Bayless is a full-of-s*** troll, and nothing more at this point."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With Mahomes the new "benchmark" for teams to get that wide open QB who can carry a team as we see. With his arm and mobility I have to wonder if Arizona is hoping that Murray takes that 2018 Mahomes leap.
    Arizona will forever regret standing pat and letting KC trade ahead of them for Mahomes, who they wanted as Carson Palmer's heir-apparent.

And I can, with 100% certainty tell you Kliff Kingsbury is trying to model Arizona's offense in the mold of KC's, with a few cosmetic changes. Hell, Arizona hired Kingsbury because he was Mahomes' old coach, and they wanted him to mold Murray to be a clone of Mahomes.

It's a copycat league, and I'm straight up gonna tell you Arizona's not got any original ideas at the moment. If Murray doesn't elevate his game to that kind of level, this team is just going to be a very exciting watch, but the results will pale in comparison to what the Chiefs have had.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pfft! Anyone who takes Bayless seriously is a dope.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Arizona will forever regret standing pat and letting KC trade ahead of them for Mahomes, who they wanted as Carson Palmer's heir-apparent.

And I can, with 100% certainty tell you Kliff Kingsbury is trying to model Arizona's offense in the mold of KC's, with a few cosmetic changes. Hell, Arizona hired Kingsbury because he was Mahomes' old coach, and they wanted him to mold Murray to be a clone of Mahomes.

It's a copycat league, and I'm straight up gonna tell you Arizona's not got any original ideas at the moment. If Murray doesn't elevate his game to that kind of level, this team is just going to be a very exciting watch, but the results will pale in comparison to what the Chiefs have had.
    I brought up last year it took KC 4-5 drafts to assemble the pieces for Mahomes to have this around him. To create a Legion of Zoom around Mahomes when he was ready. For Arizona they need to quickly assemble the pieces around Murray to see if he can get close to this. They need the speed WR's , TE and decent offensive line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This was Skip Bayless great wisdom of being a dumb ass ...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL News...

- After the Super Bowl , 2 players who by fate would end up on opposing teams after becoming best friends on the Dolphins in 2015 decided to trade jersey's. Damian Williams found Raheem Mostert and gave him a hug where he proposed they traded jersey's as a nice act. Usually opposing players who become friends will do this. Its never really happened after a Super Bowl for a reason...the jersey's become highly collectable.

Williams learned this later from Jimmy Kimmel on his show. In an act of good will Mostert posted he is sending Williams back his jersey after joking he could have sold it on e-bay . The 2 players were really good to do this.

- The Steelers signed GM/VP Kevin Colbert to a 1 year extension. The 63 year old Colbert was debated to return but this will make him be around the organization til at least 2021. Art Rooney II claimed the Steelers are very comfortable with their QB's so they likely aren't looking to upgrade. Even though both backup QB's Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges combined for a 18/17 TD/Int ratio and was sacked 30 times and struggled in a number of games. Rothlisberger is doing a good rehab thus far after he was injured.

In perhaps the wildest story to come out of the after Super Bowl was that hours after Super Bowl ended ; Lil Wayne played a concert for the 49ers. Where the team had according to TMZ ...an all night rager. Wayne sent a text to Bayless where he detailed that he was surprised at the 49ers having him do the concert and attitude the team had of how they feel things are ok and they will be back next year.

Wayne claimed he stopped things a couple times to see if they were ok with him doing this show after the loss. But the team seemed ok with it all.

Shannon Sharpe detailed that after a loss in playoffs he would personally go off to be alone to adjust to it all. That players and all are made different. So he doesn't have a problem with this . That people handle losing close games different. So he was ok with the Lil Wayne concert.

They could always trade, too.

EDIT: Apparently Kraft and Belicheck have settled on a price and way forward with Brady.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-06-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

NFL News..

- The Tennessee Titans will not have a Defensive Coordinator in 2020. Even though they just hired Jim Haslett , he will be a LB coach for the team. Its expected that Mike Vrabel will keep a close hand on defense as the Titans have chosen to not replace the retired Dean Pees.

- Dallas has decided to make changes to its defense. While the offense was praised and questions await on getting Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper back ; the defense had issues. So the team hired Mike Nolan and brought in Jim Tomsula (DL Coach). Nolan is gonna add a more complex defense and challenge teams.

- The LA Rams are in a terrible spot with Todd Gurley's knee issues. The RB logged career lows in yards and was really never a factor in passing game. Questions about his knee is a big one and the Rams and McVay will sit down with Gurley before he's due a $7+ million bonus to discuss this. Cutting Gurley is not gonna solve this problem as the RB will count $25+ million against the cap the season in dead money. Trading Gurley also will be a big problem as the Rams would likely have to send a draft pick with him. In all his deal has become a warning to other teams to not pay big into RB's.

- All-Pro safety Eric Weddle has announced his retirement after 13 seasons. Weddle decided to call it a career after his 1st surgery and leaves as a 6 time Pro Bowl player and 2 Time All-Pro during this run.

NFL News..

- The Tennessee Titans will not have a Defensive Coordinator in 2020. Even though they just hired Jim Haslett , he will be a LB coach for the team. Its expected that Mike Vrabel will keep a close hand on defense as the Titans have chosen to not replace the retired Dean Pees.
    What a coincidence, my Eagles won’t have an offensive coordinator in 2020. After several choices for the position turned them down (I suspect that was because they’d only be glorified clipboard holders since head coach Doug Pederson calls the plays), quarterbacks coach Press Taylor was elevated to “passing game coordinator” while offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland will be “running game coordinator”.

Aren't Belicheck and Reid the only coaches to ditch certain aspects of the tree and it worked out well for them?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Aren't Belicheck and Reid the only coaches to ditch certain aspects of the tree and it worked out well for them?
    Its said Reid starts grooming his 2nd tier coaches on staff during the season. That he's done that since his Eagles days because he expects his coordinators offensively to be hired for coaching gigs.

He had already started that process behind Carthon because his last 2 was hired. So he already has someone waiting in wings there he has groomed.

Its said Reid starts grooming his 2nd tier coaches on staff during the season. That he's done that since his Eagles days because he expects his coordinators offensively to be hired for coaching gigs.

He had already started that process behind Carthon because his last 2 was hired. So he already has someone waiting in wings there he has groomed.
    Two of Reid's disciples (Jim Harbaugh, Doug Pederson) have won Super Bowls as head coaches while I do believe Darth Hoodie's padawans have none.