Default Destroyer Armor vs. New Gods

If memory serves, the Nu/Rebirth versions of DC's New Gods are considerably more potent then their Post Crisis counterparts. Ignoring blitzes from Superman and such.

Let's see just HOW much tougher they are.

616 Asgardian Destroyer Armor.

1: vs. Nu/Rebirth Orion

2: vs. Nu/Rebirth Darkseid
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hmm, I suppose I'd have to see some durability feats from Nu/Rebirth Darkseid, and Orion? Also, are they fast enough to dodge energy blasts from the Destroyer? Can they endure an open visor from the Destroyer?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Incredible Member

Who is powering the Destroyer Armor? It makes a difference. If you put all of the Asgardians (Minus Thor) in it. It takes Celestials to destroy.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Hmm, I suppose I'd have to see some durability feats from Nu/Rebirth Darkseid, and Orion? Also, are they fast enough to dodge energy blasts from the Destroyer? Can they endure an open visor from the Destroyer?
    Orion took a blast that wasted a solar system but was directed at him and was pretty fine. He has also Blitzed into the ground by Superman and laughed it off. So if comes down to how you feel that compared to Mjolner's durability, which the Destroyer cuts in half.

But even then, the Destroyer can take its own blasts without a scratch. So even if Orion can hang for a bit, I don't think he can put it down.

Darkseid should be stronger, and his Omega Effect is also more varied. Also some versions straight up power drain gods, which would probably do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Orion took a blast that wasted a solar system but was directed at him and was pretty fine. He has also Blitzed into the ground by Superman and laughed it off. So if comes down to how you feel that compared to Mjolner's durability, which the Destroyer cuts in half.
    Solar system busting and blitzing from a casual planet mover w/o much I'll effects, compared to cutting uru in half? I seem to recall an Odin force Thor breaking Mjolnir over Bors head (and killing him in the process)...IDK, talking out loud and trying to come up with more tangible comparisons...but what you describe is pretty damn impressive.

But even then, the Destroyer can take its own blasts without a scratch. So even if Orion can hang for a bit, I don't think he can put it down.
    Good point.

Darkseid should be stronger, and his Omega Effect is also more varied. Also some versions straight up power drain gods, which would probably do it here.
    Agreed.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.