Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks for subbing in a bigger image in that quote, Lemonpeace. That, I can read!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Agreed; Bruce is smart, and he's the best there is at things like criminal psychology and detective work, but when it comes to raw science he shouldn't even be a consideration. He shouldn't be anywhere near any conversations that involve "real" scientists like Palmer, Magnus, Stein, Luthor, Sivana, Ivo, Morrow, etc.

And for my money, Holt is at the top of those lists. Maybe not smarter than Luthor, but right there next to him.

Love the Terrifics. Great book, lots of fun, very happy with it. Hope it has a long, long run. This is an idea that I hope DC invests in. If sales fall to a point where the book has to be cancelled, it deserves a relaunch. But these guys deserve to be pushed; I want to see them in the big crossovers and Events, and not just in the background or "everybody's here" splash pages; I want them (especially Holt) to have a real, meaningful role in stuff!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Having a team with no Bat or Super characters is honestly desperately needed at DC. The problem with all the Ex Robins running DC’s teams is that they’ll always be subordinate to Batman, so it makes those teams feel like Junior Justice Leagues unlike the X-Men/Avengers/FF separation over at Marvel. The Terrifics, if DC actually keeps pushing them, can stand on their own because they’re not characters that were created to support the League members.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Having a team with no Bat or Super characters is honestly desperately needed at DC. The problem with all the Ex Robins running DC’s teams is that they’ll always be subordinate to Batman, so it makes those teams feel like Junior Justice Leagues unlike the X-Men/Avengers/FF separation over at Marvel. The Terrifics, if DC actually keeps pushing them, can stand on their own because they’re not characters that were created to support the League members.
    I mean there has to be some push, they have managed to make it to near 30 where the rest of the New Age of Hero books didn't, although thankfully Sideways and Silencer seem to be getting used in other series. Although I have no idea what the sales on this series currently is so who knows.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    THIS.

I'll keep it simple. I have an open wallet and i'm ready to eagerly spend money on comics. Virtually every month i end up cursing silently to myself and closing my wallet after having spent FAR less than i would have liked to with DC (or Marvel). Independent publishers (truly independent . Kickstarter guys) are producing content i actually want to pay for but they lack the finances to put out content monthly.

It is comically frustrating to continue to see DC (and Marvel) step over money month after month due to sidelining other characters and tying everything to Clark, Bruce, Diana and Hal. Like...they are literally refusing to take my money month after month with this publishing behavior.
    Last edited by Customizer; 01-24-2020 at 01:14 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean there has to be some push, they have managed to make it to near 30 where the rest of the New Age of Hero books didn't, although thankfully Sideways and Silencer seem to be getting used in other series. Although I have no idea what the sales on this series currently is so who knows.
    Yeah, Sideways in Young Justice and Silencer in Wonder Woman.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing cover for The Terrifics, love that Mr Terrific's franchise is growing

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I was not expecting to see spoilers:
    Kathy and Nobody again! I missed those two, nice to see they’re still around.
    end of spoilers

Ok so looks like next issue is not only an anniversary issue, but it’s also choose your own adventure from the look of it.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-terrifics-25/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

man, Terrifics is one of DC's funest titles out! I love the way they weaved the choose your own adventure element into the narrative. this title is not talked about nearly as much as it should be
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm always down for a good Choose Your Own Adventure story .

Fantastic Member

All I want to know is when are we gonna get a date for Volume 3?

Terrifics fans I highly recommend checking out Warren Ellis’ Planetary. One of the best comics I’ve ever read. It pays homage to many comic book and pop culture tropes but at its core it’s a team searching out the unknown/unusual by utilizing meta powers and super science. Pulp heroes meets Silver Age meets Modern Age. It’s a book that shows just how cool Mr. Terrific could be in the role of resident dimensions hopping super science expert.

So true. Planetary was incredible and The Terrifics has a lot of the same vibe.

I mean, I'd recommend Planetary to anyone; it's so good anybody should recognize and enjoy it's craft. But Terrific fans especially would enjoy the read.

I think we can say the same about a lot of the old ABC titles too; not just Tom Strong but the whole line. Promethea was always my favorite though. At least until it became little more than a weird Crowley-magic wankoff.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.