Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Grieving. This is/was one of DC's top 3 titles in terms of merit. But sales always trump merit.

But there is a DC reboot coming (I have no insider knowledge, but DC reboots every 5 years or so anyway), so maybe it will come back.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, Tinya is the only remnant we have of classic Phantom Girl .
    Maybe not. Legion of Super Heroes has a plot going on where they actively avoid recruiting Bat family inspired heroes, because of something Damian will do in Jon's future. They sent Damian home and don't have any Bats or Robins in the roster. What if Jon prevented whatever it is Damian's supposed to do? Wouldn't that change history and erase the current Legion in favour of a new one? I can see Bendis's run ending that way eventually. Hell, something like that could be precisely why the current team was created and a previous one erased during Doomsday Clock. We know full well LOSH reboots more often than the main universe (they've rebooted at least twice when present day continuity didn't, plus do get rebooted when everything else does).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Why have the gods forsaken me, I just started reading this. Granted this did go on way longer than I anticipated (12 issues which I thought was a stretch) i'm still sad this is ending.
    Well at least you got to read an issue or two, I didn't even the titles existed until very recently. Is Ted Kord part of the team? I just saw him as the Blue Beetle on the cover.

and thus ends the best Mr. Terrific title of all time. I really dug this title, sad to see it go to but at least we got some great stories with Mr. Terrific and got to see his world expand more. I hope DC keeps the Terrifics as a team and a proper franchise/institution in the DC landscape. I need to go back and read the series as a whole, but I feel this title may have put Mr. Terrific up there with Black Lightning as one of DC's best developed black-led properties.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Well at least you got to read an issue or two, I didn't even the titles existed until very recently. Is Ted Kord part of the team? I just saw him as the Blue Beetle on the cover.
    He joins in the last arc only to be immediately replaced by Jaime Reyes because Ted was busy in Suicide Squad.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

and thus ends the best Mr. Terrific title of all time. I really dug this title, sad to see it go to but at least we got some great stories with Mr. Terrific and got to see his world expand more. I hope DC keeps the Terrifics as a team and a proper franchise/institution in the DC landscape. I need to go back and read the series as a whole, but I feel this title may have put Mr. Terrific up there with Black Lightning as one of DC's best developed black-led properties.
    I love pretty much the entire team, both creative and IP, so I hope they stick around too. Michael is resourceful enough that he can be on two teams at once when the JSA returns. He did it before with Checkmate and JSA.

I really hope DC has some good work lined up with Yang going forward. He deserves more work. I know he absolutely adores Superman and Superman Smashes the Klan was great, so once Bendis leaves he's my pick for that title.

Sad to see this title go but honestly it lasted far longer than I was expecting. It would be great if Terrific Island became the main science hub of the DCU. But who knows, what with DC not really caring about continuity these days.

Yang would definitely be one of my top choices to take over a Superman title. Hopefully DC finds a place for him.

This title was amazing
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sad to see this title go but honestly it lasted far longer than I was expecting. It would be great if Terrific Island became the main science hub of the DCU. But who knows, what with DC not really caring about continuity these days.

Yang would definitely be one of my top choices to take over a Superman title. Hopefully DC finds a place for him.
    Well, STAR Labs, in a surprising bit of anti-synergy, has gone bad - you'd think they'd have been made the Flash's go to place for tech (since he owns the Arrowverse version), not Young Justice villains. So maybe Terrifictech and Terrific Island can fill that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This title was amazing
    It really was, it used characters I really liked in Mister Terrific and plastic man and then got me to like the whole roster, went on crazy adventures, and then proceeded to expand the roster in cool ways such as using Jaime Reyes.

Honestly I hope this team isn’t forgotten, it got a an amazing and terrific (yes I said the pun) 30 issue series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Haven't got to the LCS yet but I am damn sad to see this book end, but glad it lasted as long as it did. Two and a half years ain't bad these days, especially for a title that doesn't rely on a major franchise like the Bats or Supers.

Here's hoping the team and concept aren't swept under the rug. Maybe the direct market can't keep the book alive but I bet it could do well in OGN or maybe digital. And the team could and should stick around in the main continuity even if they don't have a title of their own. Like someone else said, they could be the new go-to science guys now that STAR Labs has gone bad.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Yeah I wish DC keeps this team and mythos established. I fell off many issues ago but this book was really enjoyable. I knew this book was gonna be the last New Age book.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I would like to read this. I flipped through it on the stand but budgets and all had me keep it in my "eventual tpb/collections pile".

Would this make for a good Omni? How many issues did it go?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I would like to read this. I flipped through it on the stand but budgets and all had me keep it in my "eventual tpb/collections pile".

Would this make for a good Omni? How many issues did it go?
    It lasted a good 30 issues
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.