Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    man, Terrifics is one of DC's funest titles out! I love the way they weaved the choose your own adventure element into the narrative. this title is not talked about nearly as much as it should be
    It’s almost like it took the best parts of a Silver Age story and married it together with more dramatic elements to it. A great balance really.

Well looks like it’s ending in September, and only if you read it digitally. I guess with the return of the JSA Mr. Terrific is going to have to go back. I hope the others at least get some new series to be a part of.

https://www.newsarama.com/50237-dc-s...mber-s-30.html
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Welp RIP to the last NAoH book. I really enjoyed this team and I hope they aren’t completely forgotten, although I suspect they might be.

Had to happen sooner or later. Yeah, Michael could end up in a new JSA book, since it's where he originally came from. Metamorpho could go back to Batman and the Outsiders, Plastic Man could rejoin the Justice League (maybe a new JLA book?). Phantom Girl is the one with no suitable home, as she's an ancestor of a Legionnaire and not herself an established character. Maybe the Superman books could use her?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

sad to see this title go but DC would be profoundly stupid to split up one of their few successful teams independent of the Trinity or the Justice League. the smart thing would be to keep the Terrifics as a foundation to build up Mr. Terrific and the rest of the Terrifics in his corner of the DC universe. unfortunately, breaking up the Terrifics to stick Mr. Terrific on an ensemble is just the kind of character regression that DC loves to do. meh, it'll just be one less thing to look forward to at DC. I hope they start announcing new projects soon, it's looking like my pulls from DC is about to start dipping heavily.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Really sad to see this book end but I guess it had a good run. I just hope Mr. Terrific is forgotten and lost in the shuffle if he’s put back on the JSA. He really should be DC’s premier super science hero.

Mr. Terrific will be in Strange Adventures so if King does right by him, Holt will be fine. I think he will do good by Terrific given his confession in HiC and Superman saying he thinks Holt is smarter than Batman in Up in the Sky. But I’m going to miss Holt leading a team, I really liked him having that achievement under his belt. Hm I’ll ask King if the other Terrifics will cameo in Strange Adventures.

Hey it may be ending but personally I’m just glad that one of my favorite books from new age of heroes made it this long to issue 30. Heck not a lot of titles in general don’t make it that far.

Besides it was probably gonna end soon along with everything else that’s clearly ending and waiting to be relaunched post Death Metal. I just hope for something for these characters is all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Why have the gods forsaken me, I just started reading this. Granted this did go on way longer than I anticipated (12 issues which I thought was a stretch) i'm still sad this is ending.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

We aren’t seeing this team ever again. Sad. Whenever DC creates a new team, they never stick.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I mean, on the one hand it's a feat that the book lasted as long as it did. On the other, it was a great title and one of my favorites from the current crop of titles, and I'm gonna miss it a lot.

Here's hoping the team sticks together and gets a relaunch of some sort, or at the very least finds a prominent role somewhere, somehow.

I'd assume the JSA is the most likely place for Holt to show up after this....and that's okay, he's good there.....but I'm not looking forward to him being shoved into the background of a big ensemble cast like that again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I mean, on the one hand it's a feat that the book lasted as long as it did. On the other, it was a great title and one of my favorites from the current crop of titles, and I'm gonna miss it a lot.

Here's hoping the team sticks together and gets a relaunch of some sort, or at the very least finds a prominent role somewhere, somehow.

I'd assume the JSA is the most likely place for Holt to show up after this....and that's okay, he's good there.....but I'm not looking forward to him being shoved into the background of a big ensemble cast like that again.
    I think Holt's fine, it's the other three I'll be sorry to lose. Holt's in Strange Adventures and sure to be in any modern JSA, if not Checkmate. Plas is strictly relegated to comic relief these days (which he's great at, mind) so he's going to appear on team books where people aren't writing Barry in like Wally. Rex? Tinya? A lot less likely, sad to say.

I'm as much to blame as any for letting this one die being a tradewaiter on it, but nevertheless, most I've enjoyed Michael Holt in a long time and that's a shame because he was a favorite on JSA. Really hoping DC has another project lined up for Yang. He's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Holt's fine, it's the other three I'll be sorry to lose. Holt's in Strange Adventures and sure to be in any modern JSA, if not Checkmate. Plas is strictly relegated to comic relief these days (which he's great at, mind) so he's going to appear on team books where people aren't writing Barry in like Wally. Rex? Tinya? A lot less likely, sad to say.

I'm as much to blame as any for letting this one die being a tradewaiter on it, but nevertheless, most I've enjoyed Michael Holt in a long time and that's a shame because he was a favorite on JSA. Really hoping DC has another project lined up for Yang. He's great.
    Now that I think about it, Tinya is the only remnant we have of classic Phantom Girl .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, Tinya is the only remnant we have of classic Phantom Girl .
    And into the toy box she goes.

BANNED

Understandable that it's getting the axe. The book hasn't really been any good since Lemire quit.