Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Defeat the Witcher

Everything shown in the Netflix Witcher show is at the Elven Castle. Since it isn't clearly stated how large the armies are meant to be, they have 2,000 troops from the various armies in addition to all the monsters, magic users, bards, dwarves, and Geralt.

You are thrown a coin to defeat the above army, and have 10 points to spend. All characters are live action.

Caesar with 100 Apes, with bows, spears and horses - 2

King Kong (05), 3 T Rexes, 1 Spinosaur, 5 Triceratops, 5 Stegosarus, 50 Raptors, 50 Dilophosaurs, and 100 ptrenadons - 4 points

300 Spartans (300) - 4 points

Jedi Council (Revenge of the Sith era) - 3 points

Theodon and 100 Riders of Rohan- 2 points

10 War Trolls with Armour and clubs (Lord of the Rings) - 3 points

Harry Potter, Ron, and Hermoine, and 20 Dumbledore's Army Students (4 points)

The Serenity with crew (Firefly) - 5 points

The Fellowship of the Ring (LOTR) - 1 point

5 Mumakill, 200 Easterling soldiers (LOTR) - 5 points

Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Starlord, and Rocket - 3 points

Kylo Ren riding an Indominus Rex - 2 points

Old man Logan, Nightcralwer, Mystique, Beast, Angel, Blink and Psylocke - 5 points

Daenerys Targaryen and Drogon - 7 points

100,000 walkers (the walking dead) - 7 points

Jon Snow, and 100 Nothern troops - 2 points

Grey Worm and 100 Unsullied - 1 point

Shelob - 1 point

The Witch King and 8 Wraiths with Fell beasts - 8 points

The Mandolarian, the Child, IG-11, Cara Dune, and Greef Karga - 4 points

20 Xenomorphs - 3 points

Newt Scamander (fantastic beasts)- 2 points

All Live action Batmen - 1 point

Elrond and 100 elf warriors - 2 points

Wong (Doctor Strange/MCU)- 2 points
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 01-21-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Since it isn't clearly stated how large the armies are meant to be,
    We had a statement that the invading army Niflgaard was rolling up on Sodden with had 50,000 soldiers in one ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    We had a statement that the invading army Niflgaard was rolling up on Sodden with had 50,000 soldiers in one ep.
    Fair enough, I suppose I missed that.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Take Wong and Drogon. Plus the Fellowship to bring Wong sandwiches.

Wong teleports the group of them 1000 miles away.

Wong then just opens portals above portions of the castle as Drogon unloads. Leave the portal open for a second, close it, lather, rinse, repeat.

This doesn't even get into Wong doing things like opening a portal from the bottom of the ocean to right over the top of the castle, but you know, this would do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Take Wong and Drogon. Plus the Fellowship to bring Wong sandwiches.

Wong teleports the group of them 1000 miles away.

Wong then just opens portals above portions of the castle as Drogon unloads. Leave the portal open for a second, close it, lather, rinse, repeat.

This doesn't even get into Wong doing things like opening a portal from the bottom of the ocean to right over the top of the castle, but you know, this would do it.
    Alot of the wizards in the Witcher series can do the same; in terms of opening portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Alot of the wizards in the Witcher series can do the same; in terms of opening portals.
    But here, by the definition of the scenario, the attackers know exactly where the defenders are. If the attackers just stay far away, the defenders will never know where they are being attacked from, and will ergo not be able to lay out a portal to reach them.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

But here, by the definition of the scenario, the attackers know exactly where the defenders are. If the attackers just stay far away, the defenders will never know where they are being attacked from, and will ergo not be able to lay out a portal to reach them.
    Makes sense. But what if all the mages start teleporting around themselves?

Makes sense. But what if all the mages start teleporting around themselves?
    Sure, that would make them difficult to eliminate, but then they aren't really defending anymore and they kind of forfeit?

They also don't really have the kind of "launch me a power bolt" kind of attack that could be useful here. They have some big kinds of AoE stuff, but it all seems to take some time to bring to bear.

Sure, that would make them difficult to eliminate, but then they aren't really defending anymore and they kind of forfeit?

They also don't really have the kind of "launch me a power bolt" kind of attack that could be useful here. They have some big kinds of AoE stuff, but it all seems to take some time to bring to bear.
    The OP doesn't say they are defending the castle, just that they are all gathered there to start.

The OP doesn't say they are defending the castle, just that they are all gathered there to start.
    Excellent point. I guess in that case it just depends on how long it takes to find everyone. They could run for a very, very long time. Wong's gonna get sick of making that hand gesture. The attackers with Wong do have a preposterous advantage though: when they want to rest, he can just put them into the mirror dimension. The Witcher gang has no ability at all to get there. He could also start dropping them into that dimension if/when he finds them. It's all of a wave of a hand, and the self-ring-out argument that would apply to arena fights doesn't apply here.

man they made that crappy armor set 50,000 times? That's some dedication(I will never not be angry about that costume choice)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    man they made that crappy armor set 50,000 times? That's some dedication(I will never not be angry about that costume choice)
    Listen, it was surprising enough that we got an overall entertaining show out of the Witcher, there was always going to be a few ways it creaked at it seams.

Listen, it was surprising enough that we got an overall entertaining show out of the Witcher, there was always going to be a few ways it creaked at it seams.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed the show a lot more than I expected to.

At first, I thought it said, "Defeat the Watcher" and I thought, "Oh, come on, he's a mod".
    Power with Girl is better.

Also he hardly needs us to toss a coin to him. He has that fancy house on the moon.

Dude's loaded, I'm saying.