Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Also he hardly needs us to toss a coin to him. He has that fancy house on the moon.

Dude's loaded, I'm saying.
    And how did he get there? Yeah, by playing fast and loose with the whole non-interference thing.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And how did he get there? Yeah, by playing fast and loose with the whole non-interference thing.
    The Watcher interprets the "non-interference" rule as "non-interference unless I want to interfere". Like that time he interfered to get Spidey to help a drug addict.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Also his theme song by comparison never really took off. "Toss a coin to your Watcher, he stares at you creepy, he stares at you creepy. Toss a coin to your Watcher, he stares at humanityyyyyy!", it has a wayyy different effect!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed the show a lot more than I expected to.
    I would also like to note that I found it way more entertaining than I expected.

I was expecting them to be chasing the GoT TV vibe, what we got was more Xena TV vibe which was very welcome!

I will watch another season.

Honestly it was the pleasant surprise of my tv viewing season, I was pretty happy with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Honestly it was the pleasant surprise of my tv viewing season, I was pretty happy with it overall.
    Witcher and Watchmen were two things I wasn't expecting to enjoy or think much of and both turned out to be much more engaging than I expected.

In different ways of course but I enjoyed both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Witcher and Watchmen were two things I wasn't expecting to enjoy or think much of and both turned out to be much more engaging than I expected.

In different ways of course but I enjoyed both.
    I’m in complete agreement with this, but in the case of Witcher I feel like it’s in spite of Cavill rather than because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m in complete agreement with this, but in the case of Witcher I feel like it’s in spite of Cavill rather than because of him.
    I thought Cavill did a really good job. He played the character with enough humour and pathos to make me really like Geralt.

Please note, I've never played a Witcher game or read any of the books, I've watched my housemate play a fair amount of Witcher 3 but that's about it. I liked his Geralt and I liked his performance myself.

I liked his performance PHYSICALLY (including humorous facial expressions etc) but; and I know the Witchers are supposed to be emotionless; but vocally he is so one-note and contrived.

That’s what I don’t like.
    Last edited by Beadle; 01-24-2020 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Just noticed a spuriously auto-corrected apostrophe.

I was rather surprised by how much I enjoyed the Witcher. It was all around pretty entertaining. No complaints from me!

...except for the Golden Dragon design. Bleh.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I liked his performance PHYSICALLY (including humorous facial expressions etc) but; and I know the Witchers are supposed to be emotionless; but vocally he is so one-note and contrived.

That’s what I don’t like.
    I agree completely on this - I thought his presence was great, you got the feel of the emotion he was feeling, often "damn it all to hell" very clearly. His speaking parts were awfully flat - but that's obviously somewhat on the script and somewhat on the direction. And that first part is what makes that second part a problem: Witchers are supposed to be emotionless, but he's clearly feeling emotions constantly, and it would be nice to have them audibly escape a rumble (not a Rumble) now and again.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan