Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC's 10 Deadliest Hand to Hand Fighters - Who Are Female

From CBR, they list the 10 deadliest hand-to-hand fighters from DC Comics, who are female.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-strongest-fem...ghters-heroes/

Who did they leave out, who should rank higher, or who do you disagree with?

10. Barbara Gordon
    9. Wonder Woman
    8. Big Barda
    7. Katana
    6. Black Canary
    5. Cassandra Cain
    4. Talia Al Ghul
    3. Silencer
    2. Cheshire
    1. Lady Shiva

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

CBR list are so...

Onyx needs to be on this list.

Extraordinary Member

I'm surprised that Donna Troy didn't make the list.

Couple of these are power over technique. I would say Wonder Woman and Barda are powerfully skilled warriors but not exactly the best when it comes to hand to hand technique. I would’ve put Huntress and Catwoman on this list before them.

Also, Cassandra, Black Canary and Katana have all been shown to be close to Shiva’s technical level, so I would have ranked them much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    From CBR, they list the 10 deadliest hand-to-hand fighters from DC Comics, who are female.

10. Barbara Gordon
    9. Wonder Woman
    8. Big Barda
    7. Katana
    6. Black Canary
    5. Cassandra Cain
    4. Talia Al Ghul
    3. Silencer
    2. Cheshire
    1. Lady Shiva
    Heh :P

Someone should go back putting some attention to the stories before throwing names around seeing what sticks.

Hint:

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Couple of these are power over technique. I would say Wonder Woman and Barda are powerfully skilled warriors but not exactly the best when it comes to hand to hand technique. I would’ve put Huntress and Catwoman on this list before them.

Also, Cassandra, Black Canary and Katana have all been shown to be close to Shiva’s technical level, so I would have ranked them much higher.
    even subtracting the physical strength element, I don't think Shiva is all that above Big Barda and Wonder Woman; if she is at all. the sheer experience and "alien" (in the sense that their combat culture are farther removed from conventional martial arts) nature of their martial arts style make them technically unlike any fighter Shiva's fought, Shiva will adapt but I doubt she'd compensate for them easily.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    even subtracting the physical strength element, I don't think Shiva is all that above Big Barda and Wonder Woman; if she is at all. the sheer experience and "alien" (in the sense that their combat culture are farther removed from conventional martial arts) nature of their martial arts style make them technically unlike any fighter Shiva's fought, Shiva will adapt but I doubt she'd compensate for them easily.
    Not my point. Barda and Wonder Woman aren’t martial artists. They’re trained warriors/soldiers. It’s like someone from the army taking on Chuck Norris in his prime.

Martial arts is overrated. I'd take the trained warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Not my point. Barda and Wonder Woman aren’t martial artists. They’re trained warriors/soldiers. It’s like someone from the army taking on Chuck Norris in his prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Martial arts is overrated. I'd take the trained warrior.
    ???
    Trained warriors are trained in martial arts. Martial arts is a very broad based term including everything from boxing, wrestling, muay thai, and karate, to the various types of swords, spears, archery, and other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ???
    Trained warriors are trained in martial arts. Martial arts is a very broad based term including everything from boxing, wrestling, muay thai, and karate, to the various types of swords, spears, archery, and other weapons.
    Soldiers/warriors are usually trained in one of two kinds of fighting techniques. Martial artists are trained in several or more (like Bruce Lee’s fighting style Jeet Kune Do was a mixture of over several Asian martial arts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ???
    Correct. Calling someone a warrior doesn't mean the person is not a trained martial artists.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Might be personal bias but I think Canary deserves to be higher up on that list.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

10. Barbara Gordon
    9. Wonder Woman
    8. Big Barda
    7. Katana
    6. Black Canary
    5. Cassandra Cain
    4. Talia Al Ghul
    3. Silencer
    2. Cheshire
    1. Lady Shiva
    This list is objectively wrong and whoever wrote knows this is up to generate some discussion/buzz/clicks.

If numbers 1/2 aren't Shiva and Cass (regardless of order) it's wrong.

EDIT: I read it the whole thing now, and it looks written by a casual with acces to wikipedia and what he/she thinks is common sense. Geez!
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-21-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Might be personal bias but I think Canary deserves to be higher up on that list.
    Thought that too; but I really don't know her post Flashpoint level. Pre FP she would probably be 3.; right after Shiva.

I love the character but I don't think Babs warrants being on the top 10 of this list. I think Batwoman is more formidable in hand-to-hand.

Cass, Canary, and Shiva should all be the top 3.