Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Nik Hasta's Bored at Work Fight Zone III (I think)

Some fights because I am bored at work.

1) Overload (My Hero Academia) versus The Avengers (MCU)

Extra Rules: MCU Team is circa the original Avengers film so the loadout is: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor. No Stormbreaker or Bleeding Edge or any subsequent powerups, the feats are from first Avengers only.

2) Jin Mori (Ragnarok War arc) versus Vegeta (Sayain Saga)

Extra Rules: Jin Mori gets his gourd, cloud and staff. For the purposes of this scenario, Vegeta cannot be sealed in the gourd.

3) Shin and Noi (Dorohedoro) versus Buffy and Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Extra Rules: No magic allowed for the Dorohedoro team. Shin gets his claw hammer.

4) Arthur (Fire Force) versus Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Extra Rules: Let's assume that Arthur's plasma blade can interact with a lightsaber and that Arthur is too stupid to be mind tricked.

5) Team Libra (Blood Blockade Battlefront) versus Thanos (MCU)

Extra rules: Team Libra is Klaus von Reinherz, Stephen A. Starphase, Zapp Renfro, K.K and the duo of Dog Hummer and Deldro Brody. Thanos has his sword from Endgame.

Who wins these fights I thought might be fun?!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...sorry, man; I have nothing. :(
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...sorry, man; I have nothing.
    Well what good are you then? :P

Nah, it's cool. Some of these are reasonably niche and I know you don't watch that much anime.

Extraordinary Member

I can do two of these
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Extra Rules: MCU Team is circa the original Avengers film so the loadout is: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor. No Stormbreaker or Bleeding Edge or any subsequent powerups, the feats are from first Avengers only.
    You mean Overhaul I'm guessing.

If it was just the no powers trio Overhaul would absolutely win. Iron man alone would be an interesting fight, and I'm not sure how well Overhaul's quirk would affect this version of the Hulk. Thor can stay out of range, trap Overhaul in a tornado and zap him with lightning.

All of them at the same time is going to be too much for him I think.

4) Arthur (Fire Force) versus Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Extra Rules: Let's assume that Arthur's plasma blade can interact with a lightsaber and that Arthur is too stupid to be mind tricked.
    They're both plasma blades so I don't see why they would be able to interact with one another.

Arthur should be somewhat quicker due to just being able to hang with Shinra, and IIRC he can make his sword grow into a rather giant size and I don't think Kylo would be able to block. Kylo could get lucky and catch Arthur with some TK and then shank him though I guess.

But I still lean towards Arthur for the majority.

Are you talking about Overhaul? Because if so, then between Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye their range and power game are too strong for him to handle. Overhaul's Quirk is powerful but requires him to touch you to be at max effectiveness, and those three can just play the range game and attack from afar.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jim Mori had some continent busting stuff right? Also deflecting the force of a "50 megaton" weapon or something? I think he can also move supersonic.

I've never read anything involving him - this is all second hand info. Could be wrong.

Let's assume its correct and let's assume its equal speed. I think Vegeta still takes it. He will know hes been in a fight, but if he can just sit there and ignore Nappa nuking a city next to him, he should weather any attack and retaliate with moon busting + force.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Jim Mori had some continent busting stuff right? Also deflecting the force of a "50 megaton" weapon or something? I think he can also move supersonic.

I've never read anything involving him - this is all second hand info. Could be wrong.

Let's assume its correct and let's assume its equal speed. I think Vegeta still takes it. He will know hes been in a fight, but if he can just sit there and ignore Nappa nuking a city next to him, he should weather any attack and retaliate with moon busting + force.
    Alas, you're conflating a lot of different feats there. Mori is actually significantly more powerful than what you're describing there.

I shall clarify.

In terms of Jin Mori's destructive output, he's a fair bit higher than continent busting if he feels so inclined. Jin Mori's highest destruction/offensive feats from the Ragnarok War arc are as follows. Bear with me, a few of these are slightly involved:

1) When fighting Satan, Han Daewi had recently acquired the power of the Jade Emperor which gave him control over the fundamental forces of the universe. One of these abilities is known as "planet toss," wherein Daewi summons a replica of a planet and throws it at his opponent. He summons Mars and throws it at his opponents who happen to be standing on earth. This presents a problem because a slightly smaller planet crashing into the planet would... y'know - kind of ruin it for those living on it. A couple of the gods he is fighting try to stop it by physically holding back and trying to destroy it.

Satan, whose gimmick is that he can read minds and instantly copy and technique, skill or power he can perceive - then summons a copy of Jupiter (again roughly to scale) and throws it at the Mars that is already attempting to smash into Earth. The force of this destroys the Mars copy and Jupiter starts bearing down on the planet. Daewi can't hold it back by himself.

However, Hui Mori, a clone of Jin Mori who could only access 70% of the real versions true power, was given the real version of Yeoui (Jin Mori's shapechanging staff) to fight with fires Yeoui at Jupiter and hits it hard enough to fire it off into deep space and saving the planet.

Jin Mori can hit that hard.

2) In the same fight, you have the gods managing to hold off falling planets but being unable to lift Yeoui at its heaviest, a weapon which Mori wields all the time. Dudes are punching each other to different countries with minimal damage and then getting physically torn apart by Mori and his offensive game.

3) Later the true Jin Mori is fighting Satan. Mori has access to a school of acupuncture technique based martial arts called Jaebongchim which allows him to multiply his abilities. He does this on a factor of thousands and his final attack, a kick technique, momentarily snuffs out the Sun with the sheer force of it. It's worth noting that this takes time for him to build up to. Sidebar, he can also use said pressure point tricks to shut down people's bodies, heal people, stop their blood from flowing and other such wildness.

Starting to think Sayain Saga might have been a touch conservative here. Might bump it up to Frieza in the Namek Saga if this is looking a little stompy.

Regarding the 50 megaton explosion thing was a different character. Ox King Uma, in her true form, was able to effortlessly snuff out an explosion that was stated to be "as strong as 50 nuclear bombs," with her bare hand to the point where she didn't even feel it. Uma is specifically weaker than Mori and she was doing things like deflecting enhanced mountain busting attacks by sneezing and flicking the limbs off people who were throwing around said enhanced mountain busters.

Turning back to Mori; Speedwise, before awakening to his true power, Mori was just short of being able to dodge lightning bolts. He could dodge the brunt of them but not entirely. He then levelled up dramatically and his armour suit has a speed mode that allows him to move even faster. Referencing the gods again, who were mostly not in Mori's league, they were doing things like dashing across the whole of Korea in less than a second and travelling from Korea to Italy in an instant. I'm fine with equal speed given that it would be a headache to figure the whole thing out.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-22-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    You mean Overhaul I'm guessing.
    I did indeed mean that guy.

They're both plasma blades so I don't see why they would be able to interact with one another.

Arthur should be somewhat quicker due to just being able to hang with Shinra, and IIRC he can make his sword grow into a rather giant size and I don't think Kylo would be able to block. Kylo could get lucky and catch Arthur with some TK and then shank him though I guess.

But I still lean towards Arthur for the majority.
    This seems fair but, just to check, does Arthur have feats of directly keeping up with Shinra when he gets going? Shinra is like... waaaay fast and I don't recall Arthur being presented as quick as him beyond vague rival inference.

Extraordinary Member

This seems fair but, just to check, does Arthur have feats of directly keeping up with Shinra when he gets going? Shinra is like... waaaay fast and I don't recall Arthur being presented as quick as him beyond vague rival inference.
    Now that you mention it I'm having a hard time thinking up direct speed feats for Arthur.

Ehh... isn't there an arc where Shinra goes a bit crazy and Arthur is one of the people that helps fight him? That might be the best place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Now that you mention it I'm having a hard time thinking up direct speed feats for Arthur.

Ehh... isn't there an arc where Shinra goes a bit crazy and Arthur is one of the people that helps fight him? That might be the best place.
    I'm not going to pretend I remember Fire Force well enough to know... XD

In the meantime, what I've learned is that Dorohedoro and Kekkai Sensen are still too niche for CBR at the moment.

Noted but also sad.

-snip-

Thoughts?
    WELP. This is what I get for trying to be a homie and commenting on stuff second hand! :P

Yikes. Ok, well clearly the dude is WELL beyond where I thought he was. 70% power versions of the guy are smacking away Jupiter and wielding weapons that "I hold up the planet" level dudes cant manage to use. I'm going to go ahead and say Saiyan Saga Vegeta gets smashed to bits in relatively short order.

Frieza Saga version of the guy have the ridiculous DBZ power scaling thing to help him out but ehhh. Sounds like Frieza himself is still a closer match. Jupiter is very very big.

Even the speed thing, Jin might have the edge. Travelling from continent to continent "in an instant" is purdy good.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    WELP. This is what I get for trying to be a homie and commenting on stuff second hand! :P

Yikes. Ok, well clearly the dude is WELL beyond where I thought he was. 70% power versions of the guy are smacking away Jupiter and wielding weapons that "I hold up the planet" level dudes cant manage to use. I'm going to go ahead and say Saiyan Saga Vegeta gets smashed to bits in relatively short order.

Frieza Saga version of the guy have the ridiculous DBZ power scaling thing to help him out but ehhh. Sounds like Frieza himself is still a closer match. Jupiter is very very big.

Even the speed thing, Jin might have the edge. Travelling from continent to continent "in an instant" is purdy good.
    Damn...

Right...

How... about the Annndroids...? Perhaps... 17?