Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default TT vs YJ (Rebirth)

Hello,

I dont really understand the Sense of the 2 Teams as they are currently.

I mean until now (in Pre-Flashpoint) it was kind of logical for me:

There was the JL, who had their proteges and they became the Titans and then the next Generation became YJ.
    There was an age gap between the Teams, every team got their time etc. etc.

But now with YJ and TT you have basically two Teams who are close in age and both teams have "newcomers" so I also dont see a kind of clear distinction between the 2 Teams.

I would have prefered Conner,Cassie and Bart coming back older (21 or so) and Tim also being older than he is now.
    The 4 meeting each other and staying alone for the first 2 arcs, then reuniting with some other TT members like Raven,Beast Boy,Cyborg,Miss Martian etc.

Teen Lantern,Hex,Naomi....could have become TT members.

Here are DC's 5 Generations off the top of my head…

Wonder Woman back again with the JSA, All-Star Squadron, Freedom Fighters, Original SSoV, Blue Beetle/Dan Garrett, etc.

Captain Comet, Star Hawkins ,Adam Strange, Rip Hunter Challengers of The Unknown Original Big 7/Satellite Era JLoA, Original DOOM Patrol, Animal Man, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Black Lightning, Katana, Vixen, Gypsy, Rex Mason, Plastic Man, Captain Atom, Vic Sage, Peacemaker, Mark Shaw/Manhunter, Nemesis Guy Gardner, Dr. Light Ii, Catman, Deadshot, Deadman, John Constantine, Man-Bat, Batwoman, John Stewart*, etc.

W/P NTT and Lilith, West Coast Titans (like Flamebird/Bette Kane, Bumblebee, Golden Eagle/Charlie Parker, Mal Duncan/Vox, etc.) Hawk and Dove/Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, Firestorm/Ronnie Raymond & Jason Rusch, Batwing/Luke Fox, Blue Devil, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Wally West ,Azreal, Geo-Force, Halo, Looker, Kyle Rayner*, Barbara Gordon, Fire & Ice, Huntress, Power Girl, Jade & Obsidian, Hourman, Jessie Quick, Mr. Terrific, Jericho, Doc. Mid-Niite, Firehawk, Will Payton, Ryan Choi, The Ray, Red Hood, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, etc,

Andrew Bennett, The Young Justice Crew, Amethyst, Supergirl, Jamie Reyes, Jackson Hyde, Miss Martian, Kid Devil, Spoiler, Duke Thomas, Orphan/Cassandra Cain, Zachary Zatara ,Jakeem Thunder, Stargirl, Cyclone, Ravenger, Vibe, Shazam family, etc,

Naomi, Jon Kent,Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Damian Wayne, Wallace West, Red Arrow/Emiko Queen Roundhouse, Crush, Djinn.

I'm far more enamored with the YJ lineup than I am with TT currently. But I think TT is supposed to be a little younger.
    TT is 5G whereas YJ is (mostly) 4G with the exception of Teen Lantern.

I'd say combine the two teams, except most likely both books will end in about a year when 5G goes forward in earnest.
    DC hasn't launched any new books (that aren't minis) recently and I bet they won't until there's a line wide relaunch for 5G.
    Last edited by astro@work; 01-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Solicits indicate the current Teen Titans is done in April or May. April's aren't labelled last issue, but the normal issue's solicit says someone's not making it back from their latest mission, and then in the annual Damian apparently gives up being Robin. Either the book ends in May or we're getting a new team in May or June.

Young Justice will, it's rumoured, just be retooled and follow the same formula as it's namesake cartoon - new heroes come in and the older ones become mentors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Young Justice will, it's rumoured, just be retooled and follow the same formula as it's namesake cartoon - new heroes come in and the older ones become mentors.
    What's the source of this rumour?

I like Damian, Emiko, Wallace, and even Crush....but I am sorry but I like Young Justice more. First is obviously I have more history with that group of characters from the original young justice runs and then their years on the Teen Titans. Secondly, this may sound odd but I honestly like the Young Justice book better then the current Teen Titans. Sorry to admit that while I find Damian's post No Justice status interesting, its only lead to trouble with the team and soon with Batman if the annual is to be believed. Whereas I am just having fun with the Young Justice team reality hopping and fighting S.T.A.R. Labs. I am just having fun with a group of characters I already know and like going on adventures without anything really terrible happening to them. My only complaint is they need an artist who can draw them a little older looking, these are characters who should look they are in their late teens and early 20's (I mean Tim is supposed to be in College right?) except for Teen Lantern, but depending on the artist Bart has a bad habit of looking like a he's a kid.

As for the 5G rumor mentioned above, I wouldn't mind if the characters got a bit of an age bump (mid 20's) and were teaching new members.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Here are DC's 5 Generations off the top of my head…

Wonder Woman back again with the JSA, All-Star Squadron, Freedom Fighters, Original SSoV, Blue Beetle/Dan Garrett, etc.

Captain Comet, Star Hawkins ,Adam Strange, Rip Hunter Challengers of The Unknown Original Big 7/Satellite Era JLoA, Original DOOM Patrol, Animal Man, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Black Lightning, Katana, Vixen, Gypsy, Rex Mason, Plastic Man, Captain Atom, Vic Sage, Peacemaker, Mark Shaw/Manhunter, Nemesis Guy Gardner, Dr. Light Ii, Catman, Deadshot, Deadman, John Constantine, Man-Bat, Batwoman, John Stewart*, etc.

W/P NTT and Lilith, West Coast Titans (like Flamebird/Bette Kane, Bumblebee, Golden Eagle/Charlie Parker, Mal Duncan/Vox, etc.) Hawk and Dove/Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, Firestorm/Ronnie Raymond & Jason Rusch, Batwing/Luke Fox, Blue Devil, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Wally West ,Azreal, Geo-Force, Halo, Looker, Kyle Rayner*, Barbara Gordon, Fire & Ice, Huntress, Power Girl, Jade & Obsidian, Hourman, Jessie Quick, Mr. Terrific, Jericho, Doc. Mid-Niite, Firehawk, Will Payton, Ryan Choi, The Ray, Red Hood, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, etc,

Andrew Bennett, The Young Justice Crew, Amethyst, Supergirl, Jamie Reyes, Jackson Hyde, Miss Martian, Kid Devil, Spoiler, Duke Thomas, Orphan/Cassandra Cain, Zachary Zatara ,Jakeem Thunder, Stargirl, Cyclone, Ravenger, Vibe, Shazam family, etc,

Naomi, Jon Kent,Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Damian Wayne, Wallace West, Red Arrow/Emiko Queen Roundhouse, Crush, Djinn.
    Jackson Hyde, Duke Thomas are part of Damians Generation....

Luke Fox is part of Tims Generation....

Other members of Tims Generation: Bombshell, Lorena, Mia Dearden, Arrowette, Empress, Secret....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Jackson Hyde, Duke Thomas are part of Damians Generation....

Luke Fox is part of Tims Generation....

Other members of Tims Generation: Bombshell, Lorena, Mia Dearden, Arrowette, Empress, Secret....
    Luke Fox is in his 20’s and went to school with Dick Grayson when they were kids.

Jackson and Duke are both 16 and the Young Justice 4 are between the ages of 16-18 under Bendis right now whereas Damian’s generation is between the ages of 13-15.

Extraordinary Member

Luke Fox is in his 20’s and went to school with Dick Grayson when they were kids.
    At least pre Rebith Luke (age 23) was actually older then Dick (age 21).

Jackson and Duke are both 16 and the Young Justice 4 are between the ages of 16-18 under Bendis right now whereas Damian’s generation is between the ages of 13-15.
    I think Jackson is even older then that (I think he is already 18), he is probably one of the characters that fall some where in gap between Dicks and Tim's Generation.
    And the Young Justice 4 are probaly all still supposed to be 16.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ok I see where you're coming from, you were right then. Tim's generation is supposed to be older. Them being 16 puts them too close to Damian's generation.
    I don't think they can really age Tim's generation much more, thats why I think that they should have kept Damians team younger (10-12 years old).
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-22-2020 at 10:34 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Probably wait till 5G to make any calls on who's in what generation or how old anyone is.

With today's Wonder Woman confirming the new timeline, Tim's generation are in their mid mid to late 20s, and Damian's generation ranges from 11 or 12 (Jon) at the youngest to 19 or 20 (Wallace) at the oldest. And yes, for those who don't know, Wallace West is either 19 or 20 according to the new timeline.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.