Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,498

    Default TT vs YJ (Rebirth)

    Hello,

    I dont really understand the Sense of the 2 Teams as they are currently.

    I mean until now (in Pre-Flashpoint) it was kind of logical for me:

    There was the JL, who had their proteges and they became the Titans and then the next Generation became YJ.
    There was an age gap between the Teams, every team got their time etc. etc.

    But now with YJ and TT you have basically two Teams who are close in age and both teams have "newcomers" so I also dont see a kind of clear distinction between the 2 Teams.

    I would have prefered Conner,Cassie and Bart coming back older (21 or so) and Tim also being older than he is now.
    The 4 meeting each other and staying alone for the first 2 arcs, then reuniting with some other TT members like Raven,Beast Boy,Cyborg,Miss Martian etc.

    Teen Lantern,Hex,Naomi....could have become TT members.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member docmidnite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Here are DC's 5 Generations off the top of my head…

    Wonder Woman back again with the JSA, All-Star Squadron, Freedom Fighters, Original SSoV, Blue Beetle/Dan Garrett, etc.

    Captain Comet, Star Hawkins ,Adam Strange, Rip Hunter Challengers of The Unknown Original Big 7/Satellite Era JLoA, Original DOOM Patrol, Animal Man, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Black Lightning, Katana, Vixen, Gypsy, Rex Mason, Plastic Man, Captain Atom, Vic Sage, Peacemaker, Mark Shaw/Manhunter, Nemesis Guy Gardner, Dr. Light Ii, Catman, Deadshot, Deadman, John Constantine, Man-Bat, Batwoman, John Stewart*, etc.

    W/P NTT and Lilith, West Coast Titans (like Flamebird/Bette Kane, Bumblebee, Golden Eagle/Charlie Parker, Mal Duncan/Vox, etc.) Hawk and Dove/Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, Firestorm/Ronnie Raymond & Jason Rusch, Batwing/Luke Fox, Blue Devil, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Wally West ,Azreal, Geo-Force, Halo, Looker, Kyle Rayner*, Barbara Gordon, Fire & Ice, Huntress, Power Girl, Jade & Obsidian, Hourman, Jessie Quick, Mr. Terrific, Jericho, Doc. Mid-Niite, Firehawk, Will Payton, Ryan Choi, The Ray, Red Hood, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, etc,

    Andrew Bennett, The Young Justice Crew, Amethyst, Supergirl, Jamie Reyes, Jackson Hyde, Miss Martian, Kid Devil, Spoiler, Duke Thomas, Orphan/Cassandra Cain, Zachary Zatara ,Jakeem Thunder, Stargirl, Cyclone, Ravenger, Vibe, Shazam family, etc,

    Naomi, Jon Kent,Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Damian Wayne, Wallace West, Red Arrow/Emiko Queen Roundhouse, Crush, Djinn.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member astro@work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denver metroplex
    Posts
    567

    Default

    I'm far more enamored with the YJ lineup than I am with TT currently. But I think TT is supposed to be a little younger.
    TT is 5G whereas YJ is (mostly) 4G with the exception of Teen Lantern.

    I'd say combine the two teams, except most likely both books will end in about a year when 5G goes forward in earnest.
    DC hasn't launched any new books (that aren't minis) recently and I bet they won't until there's a line wide relaunch for 5G.
    Last edited by astro@work; 01-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,086

    Default

    Solicits indicate the current Teen Titans is done in April or May. April's aren't labelled last issue, but the normal issue's solicit says someone's not making it back from their latest mission, and then in the annual Damian apparently gives up being Robin. Either the book ends in May or we're getting a new team in May or June.

    Young Justice will, it's rumoured, just be retooled and follow the same formula as it's namesake cartoon - new heroes come in and the older ones become mentors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Young Justice will, it's rumoured, just be retooled and follow the same formula as it's namesake cartoon - new heroes come in and the older ones become mentors.
    What's the source of this rumour?

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    I like Damian, Emiko, Wallace, and even Crush....but I am sorry but I like Young Justice more. First is obviously I have more history with that group of characters from the original young justice runs and then their years on the Teen Titans. Secondly, this may sound odd but I honestly like the Young Justice book better then the current Teen Titans. Sorry to admit that while I find Damian's post No Justice status interesting, its only lead to trouble with the team and soon with Batman if the annual is to be believed. Whereas I am just having fun with the Young Justice team reality hopping and fighting S.T.A.R. Labs. I am just having fun with a group of characters I already know and like going on adventures without anything really terrible happening to them. My only complaint is they need an artist who can draw them a little older looking, these are characters who should look they are in their late teens and early 20's (I mean Tim is supposed to be in College right?) except for Teen Lantern, but depending on the artist Bart has a bad habit of looking like a he's a kid.

    As for the 5G rumor mentioned above, I wouldn't mind if the characters got a bit of an age bump (mid 20's) and were teaching new members.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    I've been enjoying YJ better than TT. The cast is more likable and the storyline is more interesting than 'Damian alienates his teammates and does sketchy things'. Took way too long for the current TT to feel like a real team and even now their newfound 'team spirit/camradery' feels forced.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    It's just the case of having too many teen characters and only 2 profitable franchises to house them. There's nowhere else for them to go.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):

    DC: Batman Beyond, Red Hood, Far Sector
    Marvel: Marauders, X-Force, X-Men, X-Factor, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Venom, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,515

    Default

    I don't think that it is really a problem to have two teenager teams at the same time as long as the books are good and you popular characters as leads (even if I would prefer if they had made a pre teen team for Damian.)

    I mean back in the 80s they had NTT, Infinity Inc., Young All-Stars and legion of Superheros, that all had a cast of young heros of roughly the same age.

    Btw. it kind of wired that Kid Flash is at the moment on the younger team, and Impuls on the older, since the transition from Impulse to Kid Flash was sofar allways a step up.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,026

    Default

    This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think there should be a TEEN Titans book anymore.
    Leave that niche for YJ and relaunch Titans as the book following the evolution of former sidekicks who have found their own purpose.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,515

    Default

    It might have in general been better if they had come up with a new name for Damian's generation (maybe Super Sons).

    Use (Teen) Titans just for Dick's Generation, Young Justice for Tim's, Jason has the Outlaws and Damian's generation should use something new.

  12. #12
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,086

    Default

    The problem with the Super Sons is twofold. One, it's gender specific, and two, what if they added an orphan to the team? So the name works fine when it's just Superboy and Robin. But if they were to add a new Wonder Girl or something, the name would cease to make sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #13
    Mighty Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    I just don't care about these Teen Titans, Damian just doesn't fit the "family" that Teen Titans are supposed to be, and that's OK. I think Jason would have been the same way if he had a TT squad.

    YJ still has not brought back the closeness aspect of them all, but I attrbute that to Bendis decompressed writing on the book. As much as we owe a debt of thanks to Bendis for bringing them back, I think it's time for him to hand the reigns over to someone else.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, and Young Justice.
    My runs: Batman #252- and Detective #444-, every issue since I was born.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Here are DC's 5 Generations off the top of my head…

    Wonder Woman back again with the JSA, All-Star Squadron, Freedom Fighters, Original SSoV, Blue Beetle/Dan Garrett, etc.

    Captain Comet, Star Hawkins ,Adam Strange, Rip Hunter Challengers of The Unknown Original Big 7/Satellite Era JLoA, Original DOOM Patrol, Animal Man, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, Black Lightning, Katana, Vixen, Gypsy, Rex Mason, Plastic Man, Captain Atom, Vic Sage, Peacemaker, Mark Shaw/Manhunter, Nemesis Guy Gardner, Dr. Light Ii, Catman, Deadshot, Deadman, John Constantine, Man-Bat, Batwoman, John Stewart*, etc.

    W/P NTT and Lilith, West Coast Titans (like Flamebird/Bette Kane, Bumblebee, Golden Eagle/Charlie Parker, Mal Duncan/Vox, etc.) Hawk and Dove/Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, Firestorm/Ronnie Raymond & Jason Rusch, Batwing/Luke Fox, Blue Devil, Booster Gold, Ted Kord, Wally West ,Azreal, Geo-Force, Halo, Looker, Kyle Rayner*, Barbara Gordon, Fire & Ice, Huntress, Power Girl, Jade & Obsidian, Hourman, Jessie Quick, Mr. Terrific, Jericho, Doc. Mid-Niite, Firehawk, Will Payton, Ryan Choi, The Ray, Red Hood, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, etc,

    Andrew Bennett, The Young Justice Crew, Amethyst, Supergirl, Jamie Reyes, Jackson Hyde, Miss Martian, Kid Devil, Spoiler, Duke Thomas, Orphan/Cassandra Cain, Zachary Zatara ,Jakeem Thunder, Stargirl, Cyclone, Ravenger, Vibe, Shazam family, etc,

    Naomi, Jon Kent,Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Damian Wayne, Wallace West, Red Arrow/Emiko Queen Roundhouse, Crush, Djinn.
    Jackson Hyde, Duke Thomas are part of Damians Generation....

    Luke Fox is part of Tims Generation....

    Other members of Tims Generation: Bombshell, Lorena, Mia Dearden, Arrowette, Empress, Secret....

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It might have in general been better if they had come up with a new name for Damian's generation (maybe Super Sons).

    Use (Teen) Titans just for Dick's Generation, Young Justice for Tim's, Jason has the Outlaws and Damian's generation should use something new.
    No....

    Young Justice shouldnt be used anymore:

    1.) I really LOVED the first series, because it had incredible great storylines like the Arrowette Storyline or also the whole Traya Storyline and I think that the name Young Justice shouldnt be used anymore and stand for the first series.
    2.) Tims Generation should be aged up and so they should get a Team-Name with NO!!!! Young,Teen etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that it is really a problem to have two teenager teams at the same time as long as the books are good and you popular characters as leads (even if I would prefer if they had made a pre teen team for Damian.)

    I mean back in the 80s they had NTT, Infinity Inc., Young All-Stars and legion of Superheros, that all had a cast of young heros of roughly the same age.

    Btw. it kind of wired that Kid Flash is at the moment on the younger team, and Impuls on the older, since the transition from Impulse to Kid Flash was sofar allways a step up.
    I also dont think that its a problem.

    My problems are:

    1.) The Generations are mixed up and so Young Justice has members of different Generations with different levels of experience..
    Teen Lantern, Naomi, Hex....should be part of the Teen Titans
    2.) The new Characters replace good old established characters...
    3.) The mixing makes also the scope of the team unrecognizable...
    Tims Generation should consist of Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie...together with powerful,experienced characters like Miss Martian,Raven,Bombshell etc. so they can replace the Titans/JL if needed and help them...while Damians Generation should be for the "new" ones who have their first adventures..

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It's just the case of having too many teen characters and only 2 profitable franchises to house them. There's nowhere else for them to go.
    I understand that....
    My problem is rather that the Generations are mixed up and so the teams have no clear scope...

    Tims Team should consist of Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart...together with Miss Martian,Blue Beetle,Static,Bombshell etc. so a Team who can help the JL/Titans...while Damian can have Hex,Lantern etc. and Damians Team should have their first adventures, while Tims Team is the more experienced one..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •