Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The thing is none of these generations of side-kicks will ever truly grow up to replace their mentors (at least not in a long term capacity) as the concept implies but writers will always want to introduce original young heroes as it a easy, relatable storyline new readers can identify and get invested in and there's a good chance their creation will go on to become a profitable, widely loved fan favourite with the current readership.

It does leave a lot of these teen heroes stuck in a sort of perpetual limbo, Tim Drake is a prime example as once Damian was introduced he became largely redundant and has been increasingly diminished and ignored ever since.

I guess all you can do is enjoy and support any workss they still appear in and hope your own faves can carve out a niche before then because I'd imagine a good number of these generational heroes will be forgotten entirely once the potential 6th generation starts appearing in about 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No....

Young Justice shouldnt be used anymore:

1.) I really LOVED the first series, because it had incredible great storylines like the Arrowette Storyline or also the whole Traya Storyline and I think that the name Young Justice shouldnt be used anymore and stand for the first series.
    2.) Tims Generation should be aged up and so they should get a Team-Name with NO!!!! Young,Teen etc.

I also dont think that its a problem.

My problems are:

1.) The Generations are mixed up and so Young Justice has members of different Generations with different levels of experience..
    Teen Lantern, Naomi, Hex....should be part of the Teen Titans
    2.) The new Characters replace good old established characters...
    3.) The mixing makes also the scope of the team unrecognizable...
    Tims Generation should consist of Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie...together with powerful,experienced characters like Miss Martian,Raven,Bombshell etc. so they can replace the Titans/JL if needed and help them...while Damians Generation should be for the "new" ones who have their first adventures..

I understand that....
    My problem is rather that the Generations are mixed up and so the teams have no clear scope...

Tims Team should consist of Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart...together with Miss Martian,Blue Beetle,Static,Bombshell etc. so a Team who can help the JL/Titans...while Damian can have Hex,Lantern etc. and Damians Team should have their first adventures, while Tims Team is the more experienced one..
    Ok I see where you're coming from, you were right then. Tim's generation is supposed to be older. Them being 16 puts them too close to Damian's generation.
    Last edited by 9th.; 01-22-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ok I see where you're coming from, I think the problem is that Tim's generation is ideally supposed to older. Like 19-20 but I'm pretty sure they're 16 so it puts them too close to Damian's generation.
    Actually it’s kind of nebulous what Ages they are. The recent volume of Young Justice and Detective Comics have said Tim is at least in college so he’s about 18/19. Conner has been lost in Gemworld for who knows how long but before he got lost he was in Highschool, but given the fact he helped raised a baby I’d say he might be around or a year younger then Tim. No one has said anything about Cassie.

The hardest is Bart, mainly because depending on the artist in Young Justice he’s either the same age as the cast or he’s in his early teens, like the first issue made him look very young. It’s even harder to say because we don’t know at what age he was in when he got lost in the Speed force.

But essentially the cast should be in their late teens to near early 20’s about to be in college. Personally I think it’s fine if they look young ish, especially since you aren’t gonna change too much from your teens to college years right away. I think it would probably help more though if they got drawn a little older looking.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-22-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I always felt Tim's generation is supposed to be teen titans
    While Damien's generation is supposed to be young justice

I believe young justice wasn't supposed to come back until bendis arrived at DC comics and if you ask me I would get rid of Tim's generation except for bart.

Jackson Hyde, Duke Thomas are part of Damians Generation....

Luke Fox is part of Tims Generation....

Other members of Tims Generation: Bombshell, Lorena, Mia Dearden, Arrowette, Empress, Secret....
    Luke Fox is in his 20’s and went to school with Dick Grayson when they were kids.

Jackson and Duke are both 16 and the Young Justice 4 are between the ages of 16-18 under Bendis right now whereas Damian’s generation is between the ages of 13-15.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually it’s kind of nebulous what Ages they are. The recent volume of Young Justice and Detective Comics have said Tim is at least in college so he’s about 18/19.
    In Detective Comics #937, Tim says that he's 16. He got accepted into college on a genius grant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Luke Fox is in his 20’s and went to school with Dick Grayson when they were kids.
    At least pre Rebith Luke (age 23) was actually older then Dick (age 21).

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Jackson and Duke are both 16 and the Young Justice 4 are between the ages of 16-18 under Bendis right now whereas Damian’s generation is between the ages of 13-15.
    I think Jackson is even older then that (I think he is already 18), he is probably one of the characters that fall some where in gap between Dicks and Tim's Generation.
    And the Young Justice 4 are probaly all still supposed to be 16.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ok I see where you're coming from, you were right then. Tim's generation is supposed to be older. Them being 16 puts them too close to Damian's generation.
    I don't think they can really age Tim's generation much more, thats why I think that they should have kept Damians team younger (10-12 years old).
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-22-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Tims Generation should consist of Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie...together with powerful,experienced characters like Miss Martian,Raven,Bombshell etc. so they can replace the Titans/JL if needed and help them...while Damians Generation should be for the "new" ones who have their first adventures..
    Raven belongs in Dick's Generation, and Bombshell is also not that experienced.
    And all teams have occasionally some inexperienced characters (even the Justice League) and Dick's Titans had frequently added new characters to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    In Detective Comics #937, Tim says that he's 16. He got accepted into college on a genius grant.
    Alright well then I really don't know then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Probably wait till 5G to make any calls on who's in what generation or how old anyone is.

With today's Wonder Woman confirming the new timeline, Tim's generation are in their mid mid to late 20s, and Damian's generation ranges from 11 or 12 (Jon) at the youngest to 19 or 20 (Wallace) at the oldest. And yes, for those who don't know, Wallace West is either 19 or 20 according to the new timeline.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    With today's Wonder Woman confirming the new timeline, Tim's generation are in their mid mid to late 20s, and Damian's generation ranges from 11 or 12 (Jon) at the youngest to 19 or 20 (Wallace) at the oldest. And yes, for those who don't know, Wallace West is either 19 or 20 according to the new timeline.
    Was that timeline actually published in Wonder Woman #750? The one we saw weeks ago apparently wasn't final.

The one we saw weeks ago apparently wasn't final.
    I'm aware, but given the fact that Wonder Woman 750 seems to confirm the starting point for the timeline, and that said starting point lines up more or less with what some of us calculated out (we counted out that the first year in the timeline was 1938. Wonder Woman 750 confirms that we were just a year off since it's 39), it stands to reason that the timeline we were presented--the work in progress it may be-- has some validity to it.

And if that's the case then I think it's more than likely that Tim's generation are in fact in their mid to late 20s, and Damian's generation range from 11 to 19 or 20 as of the "preset" day which incidentally is very likely either 1997 or 1998. This has been strongly hinted at by Bendis' Action Comics and Legion of Super-Heroes, and that adds a bit more credibility to the work in progress timeline we do have.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Neither team has worked at all for me, and YJ had soooo much going for it. YJ feels like Bendis going through the motions (Drake...really?....) and TT has never felt like it had enough direction, I doubt the Editor even knows what they wanted. It always felt like DC decided they had to have a recognizable Young Superhero title as part of Rebirth on the stands so they threw Damian as the leader and told the writer they had to make up the rest or pick from the dregs.
    Then again, that has felt like almost all of DCs series the past year or 2...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm aware, but given the fact that Wonder Woman 750 seems to confirm the starting point for the timeline, and that said starting point lines up more or less with what some of us calculated out (we counted out that the first year in the timeline was 1938. Wonder Woman 750 confirms that we were just a year off since it's 39), it stands to reason that the timeline we were presented--the work in progress it may be-- has some validity to it.
    Right. But like you say, it was a year off when it came to Wonder Woman. Who's to say it won't be 2 years off when it comes to Wallace West? It's not official until it sees print.

Right. But like you say, it was a year off when it came to Wonder Woman. Who's to say it won't be 2 years off when it comes to Wallace West? It's not official until it sees print.
    Maybe. It's possible. But my point was and remains that Tim's generation and Damian's generation are apart by at least a decade, thus throwing this whole argument about the redundancy of two teen teams off by a lot if one of those teams are nearly 30 (if not already 30).

But even then I'm also expecting a 2 to 3 year time skip even after the new timeline is fully applied to the DCU. This is firmly rooted in the fact that it's pretty much an open secret (even in the books) that Jon is going to become Superman in 5G. One likely assumes that Jon will just age up in the 31st century and return with no need to move the whole DCU forward. That's even what it seems to imply on the timeline, but, as we've agreed, it's a work in progress. And the Legion of Super-Heroes (billed as the book that teases 5G and whats to come) says that Clark Kent has been the Superman of the 20th century, and that Jon Kent is the Superman of the 21st. This lines up perfectly with the idea that it's still either 1997 or 1998 in the DCU right now, so logically the DCU has to move forward 2 or 3 years for Jon to be the Superman of the 21st century.

So I'd say there's a pretty strong chance of adding on 2 or 3 years to Wallace's age regardless.