Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,400

    Default Should Hippoltya had been Golden Age Wonder Woman?

    What do you guys think? Should they have instead used Polly ?

  2. #2
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    I've never liked Hippolyta as a previous Wonder Woman. It turns Diana into legacy hero which never sat well with me.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I've never liked Hippolyta as a previous Wonder Woman. It turns Diana into legacy hero which never sat well with me.
    My sentiments exactly.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    I have to say it's a interesting idea. However, I don't want the mantle of Wonder Woman to seem like it's a mother and daughter thing just yet. I mean it would be interesting if there was an amazon acted and it wasn't Paradise Island but Banas.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm cool with it.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,792

    Default

    Way, way older.

    Hippolyte should've been the Wonder Woman of the Ancient world, a contemporary of Heracles, Theseus, and others.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Maybe in a sense before the Gods had wanted the Amazons to send a champion. One Amazons had left to try and help the outside world? In secret.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Nope nope nope.... shouldnt have happened. Ever. Messed things up, made Diana a legacy. There is this weird need to keep putting her back in the Golden Age. Shes only ever been that Diana during that age. (Yes I know they revisited WWII during the tv show)

    Someone posted that Diana should always be a modern character. Now that we have the proper multiverse back, let's just leave her to Earth Two and let prime Earth have it's WW

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think? Should they have instead used Polly ?
    Yes. Despite the mantra of "everything happened" being brandied about by some people, I see a lot of potential JSA and All-Star Squadron history possibly being wiped away with this new timeline.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Yes as long as the time travel aspect is kept and Diana was actually first. I can't recall another non-linear legacy situation so that makes it extra interesting.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Yes. Despite the mantra of "everything happened" being brandied about by some people, I see a lot of potential JSA and All-Star Squadron history possibly being wiped away with this new timeline.
    Agreed. Dislike it not being Polly in the Golden Age with the JSA, although I'll go with whatever they're doing for now. It's just quite some history being wiped that bugs me.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,692

    Default

    Having Hippolyta active in Man's World before Diana messes too much with Diana's origin. I don't see time travel or time loops as a good solution, since they intrinsically break the narrative contract unless they are the key to the story (and even then are really tricky to get right).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  13. #13
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Nope nope nope.... shouldnt have happened. Ever. Messed things up, made Diana a legacy. There is this weird need to keep putting her back in the Golden Age. Shes only ever been that Diana during that age. (Yes I know they revisited WWII during the tv show)

    Someone posted that Diana should always be a modern character. Now that we have the proper multiverse back, let's just leave her to Earth Two and let prime Earth have it's WW
    The post-Crisis origin ALWAYS messed it up so that Diana was a legacy. Due to Donna's history with the Teen Titans remaining intact (though not her origin story) while Wonder Woman was rebooted, Donna debuted as Wonder Girl before Diana debuted as Wonder Woman, for crying out loud!

    Donna's Titans of Myth origin would've been unnecessary had they used Hippolyta as a previous Wonder Woman at that point. Nowadays there's absolutely no reason for it, not with Diana's history restored.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #14
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The post-Crisis origin ALWAYS messed it up so that Diana was a legacy. Due to Donna's history with the Teen Titans remaining intact (though not her origin story) while Wonder Woman was rebooted, Donna debuted as Wonder Girl before Diana debuted as Wonder Woman, for crying out loud!

    Donna's Titans of Myth origin would've been unnecessary had they used Hippolyta as a previous Wonder Woman at that point. Nowadays there's absolutely no reason for it, not with Diana's history restored.
    I always thought it was odd that when Wonder Woman's history was restored to be a founding member of the JLA and Power Girl's Earth #2 Kryptonian origin was restored, that Donna's origin was not restored also. Maybe it's a testament to the writers that the Titans of Myth origin was arguably a decent one and better than Power Girl's lame Atlantis origin. IDK. At any rate, I didn't mind Hippolyta being the WWII Wonder Woman because it was nice to have WW membership in the JSA restored, even if it was Hippy and not Diana.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    No thank You.

    Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman should always be Clark, Diana and Bruce. You can have people come in and fill in for story arcs or whatever, but the Trinity should remain the Trinity and be the first in costume in whatever timeline is there.
    Richard Alexander

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •