Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, it needlessly complicates Diana's origin with time travel shenanigans and undermines her arrival in Man's World as the first time the modern(ish) world encounters an Amazon. I also don't think the "Wonder Woman" title should be a legacy title.

Though I wouldn't mind Hipployta being a "proto-Wonder Woman" during the time of Mythical Greece.
    She doesn't have to reveal the amazon heritage. Tho I kind of like the idea of the world knowing about amazons in say 1918 but not really getting a taste for it until Diana's first actual arrival in modern times. Or... the heck with it, just have Diana's actual first arrival in 1918 and play it out like the movieverse is doing.

It was cute for a minute back in the last universe or a few universes ago or whenever it was, mostly because of Hippolyta’s personality, but I wouldn’t want her to be the WWII Wonder Woman for very long.

I’d much rather see Hippolyta engage the current world and superheroes in it.

Maybe to make everyone happy she can be Wonder Woman in WW2 pocket universe. :P

Quote Originally Posted by sailorkrypton View Post
    She doesn't have to reveal the amazon heritage. Tho I kind of like the idea of the world knowing about amazons in say 1918 but not really getting a taste for it until Diana's first actual arrival in modern times. Or... f*&% it, just have Diana's actual first arrival in 1918 and play it out like the movieverse is doing.
    Well like others have already brought up, I wouldn't mind if she was the Wonder Woman on a JSA in Earth-2 set during WW2

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well like others have already brought up, I wouldn't mind if she was the Wonder Woman on a JSA in Earth-2 set during WW2
    I haven't read anything since the start of Rebirth, is there still a multiverse at this point?

Actually the proper multiverse was restored/ revealed in Doomsday Clock. It was revealed that instead of the previous reality being over written by a new continuity, a new Earth was splintered off, with its new history and reality, while leaving the previous Earth in tact.

So basically the original Earth 2 ( Golden Age), Earth 1 ( Bronze SilvervAge...now renamed Earth 1985), exist. Plus Theresa post Crisis Earth that still exists. And a Flashpoint Earth. And Earth 52, and zRebirth Earth. They all exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Actually the proper multiverse was restored/ revealed in Doomsday Clock. It was revealed that instead of the previous reality being over written by a new continuity, a new Earth was splintered off, with its new history and reality, while leaving the previous Earth in tact.

So basically the original Earth 2 ( Golden Age), Earth 1 ( Bronze SilvervAge...now renamed Earth 1985), exist. Plus Theresa post Crisis Earth that still exists. And a Flashpoint Earth. And Earth 52, and zRebirth Earth. They all exist.
    Good god that sounds confusing. Not like any new stories are coming out with those universes so meh...

If it were up to me, Hippolyte would be the Wonder Woman of the Ancient World. She'd travel the lands surrounding Mediterranean like Xena and we'd experience those stories AS legends that she tells Diana, or Diana tells others.

AND I'd have pre-Queen Hippolyte join a time-travelling "Legends" team so she can meet her daughter and have a few encounters. She can always have her memory wiped by the rivers of Lethe.

I'd keep QUEEN Hippolyte far, far away from super-heroic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    If it were up to me, Hippolyte would be the Wonder Woman of the Ancient World. She'd travel the lands surrounding Mediterranean like Xena and we'd experience those stories AS legends that she tells Diana, or Diana tells others.

AND I'd have pre-Queen Hippolyte join a time-travelling "Legends" team so she can meet her daughter and have a few encounters. She can always have her memory wiped by the rivers of Lethe.

That'd be a good story for a Hippolyta mini-series, maybe a Black Label book.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorkrypton View Post
    Good god that sounds confusing. Not like any new stories are coming out with those universes so meh...
    It's actually pretty easy. Every time there's some reality shattering event ( say, Flashpoint) it preserves the previous continuity by creating a new Earth for the new reality ( in this case , Flashpoint)

So Earth 2 exists ( Golden AgevWW)
    Earth 1 exists ( now called Earth 1985-- Silver Bronze age WW exists)
    Post Crisis Earth exists (Perez WW exists)
    Flashpoint Earth exists ( horrible murderous WW)
    Earth 52 exists ( man hating Amazon's, Zeus daddy WW)
    Rebirth Earth exists ( return to a more Perez feeling era WW with younger Steve, etc)
    Etc.

We get all versions of all our favorite characters, instead of a new continuity ending the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    It's actually pretty easy. Every time there's some reality shattering event ( say, Flashpoint) it preserves the previous continuity by creating a new Earth for the new reality ( in this case , Flashpoint)

Earth 52 exists ( man hating Amazon's, Zeus daddy WW)
    Rebirth Earth exists ( return to a more Perez feeling era WW with younger Steve, etc)
    I thought it was said that the NEW52 WW was a false memory....

BANNED

Well, she was the WWII era Wonder Woman in JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The post-Crisis origin ALWAYS messed it up so that Diana was a legacy. Due to Donna's history with the Teen Titans remaining intact (though not her origin story) while Wonder Woman was rebooted, Donna debuted as Wonder Girl before Diana debuted as Wonder Woman, for crying out loud!

Donna's Titans of Myth origin would've been unnecessary had they used Hippolyta as a previous Wonder Woman at that point. Nowadays there's absolutely no reason for it, not with Diana's history restored.
    There would have been no reason for The Titans of Myth had the first-year of the WW reboot ( post coie) just been a year one, and Then moved to " now". Her JLA status would have been intact too. You didn't need Hippolyte to be a time traveller.

Of course this got retconned out during a subsequent " crusis" and Dnna was once again Diana's little sister.... tho how or why , we never learned, as Didio and co never liked to explain anything when they made sweeping changes....lol

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Sounds like she could have been involved with that Demon Knights book. The one with Etrigan leading various immortal characters on a DnD esque adventure in medieval times

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sounds like she could have been involved with that Demon Knights book. The one with Etrigan leading various immortal characters on a DnD esque adventure in medieval times
    There was an Amazon with that group, but she called herself "Exoristos" (which, supposedly, is Greek for "the exiled one").