Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite/Best Marvel Secret Identity moment?

Back when the majority of heroes still had Secret Identities, the hero revealing it/someone figuring it out, was a pretty big deal, and could have some major impact.
    Nowadays that doesn’t really happen, but The Who is The Bad guy mystery/reveal still gets some action.
    But I digress,

What are the best/your favorite moments from Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Back when the majority of heroes still had Secret Identities, the hero revealing it/someone figuring it out, was a pretty big deal, and could have some major impact.
    Nowadays that doesn’t really happen, but The Who is The Bad guy mystery/reveal still gets some action.
    But I digress,

What are the best/your favorite moments from Marvel?
    The Death of Jean DeWolfe. Matt Murdock discovers Spider-Man's identity from his heartbeat while in a courtroom and later calls him by name when getting the @(&$ kicked out of him in a mob fight, ultimately revealing his own identity at the same time.

The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man.

Also "The Big Score", that story by Paul Jenkins where an insurance claims investigator "discovers" Spider-Man's true identity.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mary Jane knows Peter Parker's secret (ASM #257):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-21-2020 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Mary Jane knows Peter Parker's secret (ASM #257):

This right here.

I am also partial to how it's done in Parallel Lives, when MJ first found out, especially in Untold Tales #16.

Untold Tales 16 - MJ glimpses Pete.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This right here.

I am also partial to how it's done in Parallel Lives, when MJ first found out
    Me too. Alex Saviuk is certainly underrated (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    , especially in Untold Tales #16.

Untold Tales 16 - MJ glimpses Pete.jpg
    Agreed. One of my all-time favorite series from the 90's.

Boisterously Confused

In the midst of a fight, Madam Masque dramatically tells Bethany McCabe that Tony Stark is Iron Man. Which fazes Bethany not at all, who quips, "I know."

Honestly, I wish that's how DC had handled the Superman/Lois reveal in the 90s.

Ben Urich calling Peter Parker in The Pulse over an Osborn thing, Peter showing up and being like, "How did you know I was Spider-Man?" and Ben saying he was insulted that Peter thought he wouldn't figure it out.

Also, Ben's vindication in the same series when it comes to light that he was right all along about Osborn being the Green Goblin all along.
    Last edited by OOTCS; 01-21-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Kamala, on three separate occasions.

1. Just before Secret Wars. She thinks the world is ending, and finally confesses to her mother that she's the new Ms. Marvel. "Oh beta, I know."

2. ANAD issue 31 (LGY 50). She confesses to her friends. They already knew too. She thinks she guards her identity so tightly... only, she really doesn't.

3. Champions, at the end of Zub's run. In an earlier issue, she'd been about to unmask for Nova, but he stopped her, saying he didn't want her to do it just because his own secret identity had been exposed to the entire team (he'd been depowered). After he got his helmet back, she revealed herself to Sam.

Champions also had a subplot involving Viv and the other team members' secret identities. Before he lost his helmet, Viv called an injured Nova by his real name, when she seemingly didn't know it before. Turns out her tech let her figure it out. Later, Kamala realises that Viv knows her identity too, and why. There's simply no protecting it from a synthezoid, and she likely knows everybody's secret identities.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2020 at 02:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I loved when Captain Stacy as he is dying tells Peter who is in his Spiderman costume to protect Gwen. Showing that he always knew the two were one in the same.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala, on three separate occasions.

1. Just before Secret Wars. She thinks the world is ending, and finally confesses to her mother that she's the new Ms. Marvel. "Oh beta, I know."

2. ANAD issue 31 (LGY 50). She confesses to her friends. They already knew too. She thinks she guards her identity so tightly... only, she really doesn't.

3. Champions, at the end of Zub's run. In an earlier issue, she'd been about to unmask for Nova, but he stopped her, saying he didn't want her to do it just because his own secret identity had been exposed to the entire team (he'd been depowered). After he got his helmet back, she revealed herself to Sam.

Champions also had a subplot involving Viv and the other team members' secret identities. Before he lost his helmet, Viv called an injured Nova by his real name, when she seemingly didn't know it before. Turns out her tech let her figure it out. Later, Kamala realises that Viv knows her identity too, and why. There's simply no protecting it from a synthezoid, and she likely knows everybody's secret identities.
    Doesn't sound like her identity was that much of a secret

I love that Peter Parker, sick and delirious with fever, once walked into a house full of his friends, co workers and family and announced that he was Spider Man, mask in hand. His friends laughed it off, as to them Parker was nowhere near cool enough to really be Spider Man.

I also love that early in his career as the replacement Iron Man Rhodey didn't reveal that he was a new guy in the armor.

I used to love the dramatic way Don Blake would be separated from his cane at a crucial moment, finally retrieving it and striking it in a burst of Kirbydot energy as he transformed.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doesn't sound like her identity was that much of a secret
    Yeah, if Outlawed results in her being outed, it won't change things as much as she thinks it would.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain America #321 would be another favorite: