Default Question about Tombstone

Which works best for Tombstone, Enforcer or Mob Boss ??

With mob boss i mean giving orders and if the situation requires it, he is not afraid to fight

Im more familiar with his animated and videogame adaptations, how is he usually portrayed in comics ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Which works best for Tombstone, Enforcer or Mob Boss ??

With mob boss i mean giving orders and if the situation requires it, he is not afraid to fight

Im more familiar with his animated and videogame adaptations, how is he usually portrayed in comics ??
    I'm comfortable with him being a "boss" in his own right at this point. He started off as hired muscle of course, but so did Kingpin (off-screen). The original Rose is dead, and I'm tired of the 1,000th comeback of Silvermane, and I had no interest in the Fortunato character. I loathe Black Tarantula (he pwns Spidey way too easily).

I prefer gang leader then mob boss, more gritty and physically threatning everyone

Last edited by Mutant God; 01-22-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Mighty Member

I like mob boss, but only if he's not running the top mob in town. He's never struck me as sufficiently capable to be the top dog, but he's really good as "guy feuding with another mobster."

Side note: we really need a good gang war event sometime soon. Someone gets knocked off, people start fighting over territory, as families go down more territory opens up, heroes can't keep up, Kingsley is selling weapons to (Gary Oldman in The Professional voice) EVERYBODY, we get some Superior Foes/Syndicate shenanigans, Kingpin as mayor trying to deal with it, etc. Come on, Marvel, give us Gang War II!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

he's an old guy who has been around a long time. it's a little embarrassing if he's still just an enforcer. his daughter would never be able to respect him.

Mighty Member

Tombstone is about Robbie/Jonah's age, so it would make sense that he would actually learn from his experiences and become a mob boss. Especially with his power-set, someone of his caliber would eventually get tired of taking orders and ready to give them.

I think he's best as a boss who can handle his own if need be.

He's been around long enough as a boss that it diminishes him to be anything else.

That said, it could be interesting to do an arc where he is forced to be someone else's #2.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets