Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Postponed Event Question

I have a question about some event I can’t remember the name of. Someone has been trying to convince Marvel to do this event but Marvel keeps hedging and not doing it. Can anybody remember the name of this event. It’s bugging me?

Try being a little more vague.

Fantastic Member

Eternity War?

Astonishing Member

Dan Slott has a storyline that he's had in mind for ages, called The Reckoning War. He's laid seeds for it in much of his Marvel work, most directly back in his SHE-HULK series. So far he has not had the opportunity to play it out...but I don't know that it is Marvel "hedging and not doing it", so much as just they've had other events going on so there has not been a 'right time' for it as of yet (plus for several years he was on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, which he said was not the right title to deal with the story since it was a cosmic story and Spidey isn't really a cosmic book).

Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?

Yeah I've been emailing Marvel about an event that would have Janet van Dyne at the center for years. AMA.

Are you talking about my proposal that involved an Interstellar Jello Wrestling Tournament to save the Earth from destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Dan Slott has a storyline that he's had in mind for ages, called The Reckoning War. He's laid seeds for it in much of his Marvel work, most directly back in his SHE-HULK series. So far he has not had the opportunity to play it out...but I don't know that it is Marvel "hedging and not doing it", so much as just they've had other events going on so there has not been a 'right time' for it as of yet (plus for several years he was on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, which he said was not the right title to deal with the story since it was a cosmic story and Spidey isn't really a cosmic book).

Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?
    That’s it. Thanks Dermie

I’m not sure what it was about. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Are you talking about my proposal that involved an Interstellar Jello Wrestling Tournament to save the Earth from destruction?

Sorry. Can’t help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Eternity War?

Can’t remember that one. What was it going to be about?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Try being a little more vague.

Sorry H-E-D. I just didn’t Know how to describe it better.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-22-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Can’t remember that one. What was it going to be about?
    Was an event Al Ewing set up in his Ultimates/Ultimates 2 run before being canceled and replaced by Infinity Wars for synergy. It was (theorized) to be about the First Firmament affecting the mulitiverses and would've made Hickman's Secret Wars look like a playground squabble, instead it was shoved and rushed into a oversized final issue of Ultimates 2.

Questprobe issue 4?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Was an event Al Ewing set up in his Ultimates/Ultimates 2 run before being canceled and replaced by Infinity Wars for synergy. It was (theorized) to be about the First Firmament affecting the mulitiverses and would've made Hickman's Secret Wars look like a playground squabble, instead it was shoved and rushed into a oversized final issue of Ultimates 2.
    Man that sounds phenomenal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That’s it. Thanks Dermie

I’m not sure what it was about. Do you know?
    We don't really know. He hadn't gotten that far in his hints. We know it involves some mystery foe who is using a sector of space that is now unsupervised by The Watchers as a staging area in complete secrecy. We know She-Hulk and the Gauntlet are both supposed to have significant roles in some capacity. But I think that's just about it for specifics that are known at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    We don't really know. He hadn't gotten that far in his hints. We know it involves some mystery foe who is using a sector of space that is now unsupervised by The Watchers as a staging area in complete secrecy. We know She-Hulk and the Gauntlet are both supposed to have significant roles in some capacity. But I think that's just about it for specifics that are known at this point.
    Wonderful Dermie. Thanks for those hints. It could point to the hidden Catoti, and some inclusion of Star, with the reality Stone. Not sure about the inclusion of She-Hulk though? In the previous Marvel Universe, She-Hulk found the first Infinity Stone and gave it to Reed Richards, who assembled the Illuminati to get the other stones, so maybe Shulkie has an Infinity Stone in this ANAD.