Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Going by Bendis's track record, I'm guessing he's going to have Diana say "I'm glad your happy, and I hope your right, but XXX".

And then it'll cut to something bad happening/about to happen because of the reveal.

BANNED

Harley is a sore spot. I’ll literally never get over the way she became glorified as a hero in the Injustice series despite literally being one of the people responsible for Lois’s murder.

She was hands on responsible for causing Superman to essentially have a psychotic break (because he’s clearly had a mental breakdown from trauma in Injustice which is why it’s always bugged me when people just call him “evil.” People who break down because of extreme trauma aren’t “evil” they are SICK) yet she got built up as a hero trying to “take him down.”

It’s all just very gross and I can’t stand the way people glorify that character as a heroine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Even I kind of put off by this. I mean you could have expected something like that from Batman and maybe the Flash, but never Wonder Woman who is often more optimistic of the trinty when it matters.
    It’s not even that she’s optimistic—it’s that she values truth. She’s always struggled with Clark having a secret identity to start with and has shown, fairly clearly, that she doesn’t understand why he would even crave it. It was a key problem in their relationship when they were dating briefly. Not the only problem for sure but definitely one of them.

She would maybe worry about the safety of his family. In modern stories, she’s always very concerned about Lois’s safety etc. but she would value and respect that if Lois and Clark made this decision together, she will stand behind them.

Let’s hope it’s written better than it appears because if she’s truly pissed off about it it’s a complete retcon of her established character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Harley is a sore spot. I’ll literally never get over the way she became glorified as a hero in the Injustice series despite literally being one of the people responsible for Lois’s murder.

She was hands on responsible for causing Superman to essentially have a psychotic break (because he’s clearly had a mental breakdown from trauma in Injustice which is why it’s always bugged me when people just call him “evil.” People who break down because of extreme trauma aren’t “evil” they are SICK) yet she got built up as a hero trying to “take him down.”

It’s all just very gross and I can’t stand the way people glorify that character as a heroine.
    DC can't hear your valid points on Harley over all that Hot Topic money they're counting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post

Bendis sayson his Twitter, he has an explanation for harley being there. He will be explaining it in superman heroes.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...850324480?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Bendis sayson his Twitter, he has an explanation for harley being there. He will be explaining it in superman heroes.
    He did say a villain was going to become a hero out of inspiration from Superman’s reveal. Maybe it’s Harley? I hate that character but I’m the minority so whatever at this point. Harley is never going to be held accountable for her past and I can’t even be bothered to try to feel outraged at this point.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I mean I'm sure there's a story, but I'm also relatively certain it won't be satisfying. Harley cannot be affiliated with The Joker beyond his 50s persona and still be redeemable enough to legitimately earn a seat at the Justice League table. She blew up kids for his approval.

This is gonna have to be one hail Mary of a story to move my tiny curmudgeon heart.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one this is a sore spot for. I don't think DC fully understands just how she's perceived outside her own fandom. They just see her merchandise sales and assume everyone loves her.
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really looking forward to what's on Wonder Woman's mind in the Heroes one-shot in a few weeks.

It's been confirmed that Wonder Woman's section in the book will be written by Rucka, and that really, really excites me.

I've been really digging the unexpected turns in this run a lot lately. The simple fact that Superman now just works at the Daily Planet as a reporter just floors me. If someone would've just pitched the idea to me raw I'd have raised an eyebrow, but it's the little wrinkles to it that really make it here. The idea that he's possibly not safe from legal ramifications is crazy interesting. Some dude can just sue Superman now, and that's amazing. In general Clark is now accountable in a way that we've never seen him before. Plus, there's also the responsibilities he's got out in space helping to build a sustainable galactic government.

So I'm super down with this outside of the box reaction that characters are having to Clark 'coming out'.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He did say a villain was going to become a hero out of inspiration from Superman’s reveal. Maybe it’s Harley? I hate that character but I’m the minority so whatever at this point. Harley is never going to be held accountable for her past and I can’t even be bothered to try to feel outraged at this point.
    I mean, she was hanging out at Sanctuary, so a hero turn predates this.

(I still say she should be locked up).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, she was hanging out at Sanctuary so a hero turn predates this.
    She also really tries to become a hero in the Harley and Ivy mini -albeit not that successfully, but she tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    She also really tries to become a hero in the Harley and Ivy mini -albeit not that successfully, but she tries.
    I can see her trying hard, just not something I expect long-term success with.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Still hoping Toyman's the villain turned hero. I remember Bendis and Rucka signaling him out in particular during interviews regarding The Truth.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, she was hanging out at Sanctuary, so a hero turn predates this.

(I still say she should be locked up).
    I'm pretty sure that she broke in to see Ivy, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's weird, DC keeps having Harley try to be a hero over and over while not really referencing all the times she's tried to be a hero beforehand.

And they can't seem to, y'know, decide how Harley actually feels about what she did in her past. The Harley/Ivy series has her proudly boast about being "the baddest of the bad" and only tries to be a hero because the event of HiC had her decide that the world needs all the help it can get.

In the interest of fairness though, I don't think alternate reality versions like Injustice should be held accountable to this version of Harley (though feel free to vent about that particular version). Also, I'm pretty sure all the kid-killing was retconned when Amanda Conner's series was made canon. (Now it's more a "Harley threatens children" situation.)
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 01-24-2020 at 01:42 PM.

If there's a hero turn for a character, I'd like it to be Livewire. She's tried to reform in other stories beforehand but never really went anywhere with it due to relaunches and whatnot which would usually then leave her forgotten. And she did have a brief appearance way back in Superman #3.

Hopefully Diana's just worried. I'm wary of any battle of ideals between the two because more often than not when that happens, Superman ends up looking naive and holier-than-thou, like the Sacrifice fallout, which was written by Rucka.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El