Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, she was hanging out at Sanctuary, so a hero turn predates this.

(I still say she should be locked up).
    I agree!! It doesn't matter that she's a killer, it only matter that she make Dc money!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Really looking forward to what's on Wonder Woman's mind in the Heroes one-shot in a few weeks.

It's been confirmed that Wonder Woman's section in the book will be written by Rucka, and that really, really excites me.

I've been really digging the unexpected turns in this run a lot lately. The simple fact that Superman now just works at the Daily Planet as a reporter just floors me. If someone would've just pitched the idea to me raw I'd have raised an eyebrow, but it's the little wrinkles to it that really make it here. The idea that he's possibly not safe from legal ramifications is crazy interesting. Some dude can just sue Superman now, and that's amazing. In general Clark is now accountable in a way that we've never seen him before. Plus, there's also the responsibilities he's got out in space helping to build a sustainable galactic government.

So I'm super down with this outside of the box reaction that characters are having to Clark 'coming out'.
    Isn't Rucka the one that destroyed their relationship in rebirth??? Having WW say it wasn't mean to be and that she never really loved superman!! Now that their only friends, he get to destroy their friendship too!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 01-24-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Isn't Rucka the one that destroy their relationship in rebirth??? Having WW say it wasn't mean to be and that she never really loved superman!! Now that their only friends, he get to destroy their friendship too!!
    Yeah, I'm really not fond of his take on Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, I'm really not fond of his take on Wonder Woman.
    I'm making it a point not to pick-up anything he write about WW and Superman relationship!!

He's a WW/BM person!! I miss and prefer SM and WW as a couple!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that she broke in to see Ivy, there [in Sanctuary].
    Despite the fact that she has a brain bomb in her head that allows Amanda Waller to dictate her every action, and that she's supposed to be either in Belle Reeve or on Suicide Squad missions.

I cannot understand, from an in-universe point of view, DC's treatment of Harley and how the other heroes react to her.

There was a Batgirl story where Harley had a "day off." She uses it to expose an evil techbro - and everyone around him - to a lethal, contagious bioweapon. Batgirl and some of her girlfriends hunt down the antidote. They have a great time, and say "let's do it again next year." (I think it was a Christmas issue.) Batgirl lets Harley wander off, suggesting that she'll check later to make sure Harley gets back to Waller and Belle Reeve.

Batgirl, brilliant detective, never checked to see if Harley was actually granted a "day off." A day off which makes no sense, since Harley might use it to try to kill one or more people - and did try! Batgirl never checked to see if the bioweapon was real, either - if it was, then that's some pretty serious charges of attempted mass murder and terrorism right there. And what if Harley never does go back to Waller? What if she found a way to circumvent the brain bomb and escape in the first place (which makes more sense than a "day off")? What's Batgirl going to do then? She let Harley leave.

Harley has a narrative distortion field that makes all the heroes who encounter her act entirely out of character. They act like she's charming and cute and a little mischievous, rather than someone with a long-established history of being a sociopathic murderer. If Two-Face had really large breats and showed a lot of skin, he'd be so much better off!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Despite the fact that she has a brain bomb in her head that allows Amanda Waller to dictate her every action, and that she's supposed to be either in Belle Reeve or on Suicide Squad missions.
    Harley's solo book ignores that. I think that she shouldn't be in Suicide Squad any more. She doesn't need it, and if it can't sell without her, then it isn't popular enough to justify it's existence.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Yes, and here's my question: WHY IS HARLEY QUINN IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!!!!!!!!

She was Joker's girlfriend/sidekick! She helped him kill people! Is this the Injustice universe now where we're overlooking mass murder just because a character is popular? "Yeah, but she's got a movie coming out, you guyzzzzz!""
    Harley has become DC's Deadpool.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Isn't Rucka the one that destroyed their relationship in rebirth??? Having WW say it wasn't mean to be and that she never really loved superman!! Now that their only friends, he get to destroy their friendship too!!
    I think it'll more examine their friendship then destroy it.

I hope so. The last time he worked on it though (to my knowledge, I don't know if he did much with it after the lead up to IC?) with these general incarnations of the characters, he whiffed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope so. The last time he worked on it though (to my knowledge, I don't know if he did much with it after the lead up to IC?) with these general incarnations of the characters, he whiffed.
    But to be fair, the whole lead up to Infinite Crisis was explicitly about destroying the Trinity’s relationship as a precursor to **** going down in the main event.

This is true, it was just the method of doing it that bothered me. I would have liked it if it were a situation where you could see all sides of the disagreement, but in the end all it turned out being in my mind was Diana being singled out by a douchebag Batman and a staggeringly unappreciative Superman. It was awful characterization. But I guess who knows if we'll ever know who crafted that reason.

Either way I just hope whatever is bothering Wonder Woman here is something that can be tackled by both friends with respect and understanding, even if they inherently disagree about what Superman did or whatever.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-25-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Has no one mentioned Mongul's "Earth will be my toilet" line, LOL why does Bendis write like this

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Wonder Woman certainly looks pissed off. I'm suprised none of the other heroes seem to notice her looking so annoyed.
    She's probably annoyed that Harley Quinn has a seat AT THE TABLE.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by gamiz View Post
    i think she showed up uninvited, pretty sure shes has done this before
    If that's the case, then someone needs to toss her out the door like people used to get thrown out the door on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    If that's the case, then someone needs to toss her out the door like people used to get thrown out the door on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:

I'd buy two copies.