Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

This issue (and arc) is FUN! I know lots happens and characters come in and out seemingly at random and the team assembled inorganically... but I love the adventure and especially [A].

I'm starting to enjoy this story more. The art is beautiful and just gets stronger every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'm starting to enjoy this story more. The art is beautiful and just gets stronger every issue.
    I agree, the art pulls me right in.

I absolutely love their dynamic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Yep.

Credit where it is due, the art could wind up being one of the things folks wind up remembering about this series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree, the art pulls me right in.

I absolutely love their dynamic.
    betsy x violence, my favorite ship

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Possibly because this book doesn't seem to have much to do with mutants but magic, which was kind of an outlier in the mutant world in years past and that there doesn't really seem to be a reason for this team or the roster that it has...or something along those lines...
    Magic is part of the X-Men mythos too. Limbo, Inferno, Otherworld. Besides that, we know that Arakko is connected to Otherworld and that there are Summoners that come from there that seem pretty magical to me. The whole •—A—• plot in Excalibur seems to be reeeeally connected to what happened in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    betsy x violence, my favorite ship
    haha, Jamie is an omega level mutant who can warp reality, a bit crazy, and truly afraid of his sister. She is the only one who has ever gotten away with yelling at him. I actually think Jamie really loves Betsy, she may be the only person in the world that he actually loves, so she is the only one who can get him to do anything.

I do hope going forward we get some family moments with Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Maggie, and Jamie.

I like this too, and even at this point I think Apocalypse's main motives are to get control of all magic and bring his original four horseman back. But after that, honestly, he may end up leading the charge against the demons that are infesting Arrako. Right now only a part of Arrako has returned to Earth, the Arrako Coral, which is probably like a coral reef from the other island. I actually don't think Apocalypse is going to go all villain in this, I think he has his own motives, and I also think he will probably get some people hurt in his single minded race to get his original four horseman back. I expect Apocalypse is going to drag Excalibur into some really big conflict and there is a good chance some of them may die and have to be resurrected, but I think he won't be doing it for any desire to hurt Krakoa, he's just a completionist and he wants his four horseman back, and I think he wants to recover Arrako and unite the islands again, because that will make the mutant nation even more powerful in the world.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Magic is part of the X-Men mythos too. Limbo, Inferno, Otherworld. Besides that, we know that Arakko is connected to Otherworld and that there are Summoners that come from there that seem pretty magical to me. The whole •—A—• plot in Excalibur seems to be reeeeally connected to what happened in X-Men.
    About that...

It's honestly interesting either way.

Let's say that it doesn't actually wind up being directly related. It's still pretty interesting that there are parallel "Magical" realities running alongside the regular old Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, Jamie is an omega level mutant who can warp reality, a bit crazy, and truly afraid of his sister. She is the only one who has ever gotten away with yelling at him. I actually think Jamie really loves Betsy, she may be the only person in the world that he actually loves, so she is the only one who can get him to do anything.

I do hope going forward we get some family moments with Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Maggie, and Jamie.

I like this too, and even at this point I think Apocalypse's main motives are to get control of all magic and bring his original four horseman back. But after that, honestly, he may end up leading the charge against the demons that are infesting Arrako. Right now only a part of Arrako has returned to Earth, the Arrako Coral, which is probably like a coral reef from the other island. I actually don't think Apocalypse is going to go all villain in this, I think he has his own motives, and I also think he will probably get some people hurt in his single minded race to get his original four horseman back. I expect Apocalypse is going to drag Excalibur into some really big conflict and there is a good chance some of them may die and have to be resurrected, but I think he won't be doing it for any desire to hurt Krakoa, he's just a completionist and he wants his four horseman back, and I think he wants to recover Arrako and unite the islands again, because that will make the mutant nation even more powerful in the world.
    Wait a second, you think there's nothing villainous about Apocalypse using his teammates like pawns? That there's nothing villainous about Apocalypse getting his 4 original horseman back? Almost every single time Apocalypse had his horseman it's been bad news for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Wait a second, you think there's nothing villainous about Apocalypse using his teammates like pawns? That there's nothing villainous about Apocalypse getting his 4 original horseman back? Almost every single time Apocalypse had his horseman it's been bad news for everyone.
    Outside of what has happened in the past, what in the current status quo has pointed to anything like this being what is going on?

wish alan davis were drawing this. i'm kind of bored with the art. Morgan LeFey has looked a lot better.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

A bunch of you in this thread are acting like the Corpus Hermeticum sprang fully formed from Trismegistus' head and it really shows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Has CLASSICAL Captain Britain ever been thematically Arthurian? I mean, the visuals and tropes abound because it's Britain, but things like the grail cycle and Avalon weren't in any of the Claremont/Davis/Davis books I bought. Everyone seemed to take a lot of liberties and run through Henson's creature shop. [...] This weird reverence for Merlyn as a righteous figure is so weird for me to read. It was ALWAYS a chessgame for Merlyn, and the Braddocks were his rooks.
    Basically, Paul Cornell did this in his MI:13 (and prologue, Wisdom) books. It was all centered on some sort of unified British identity that doesn't exist in reality (the Brian resurrection was ridiculous, as was his do-over of Merlyn/Merlin). Turning Otherworld into an Arthurian theme park (in seemingly-perpetual night) was part of that.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 01-23-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Basically, Paul Cornell did this in his MI:13 (and prologue, Wisdom) books. It was all centered on some sort of unified British identity that doesn't exist in reality (the Brian resurrection was ridiculous, as was his do-over of Merlyn/Merlin). Turning Otherworld into an Arthurian theme park (in seemingly-perpetual night) was part of that.
    Arthurian THEME PARK. Thank you. I wanted to say something about how this Otherworld felt cheap and generalized, but I hesitated because it seemed unfair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Outside of what has happened in the past, what in the current status quo has pointed to anything like this being what is going on?
    I mean, he did start a war with Otherworld so he could take over and is literally vivisecting someone... but sure, how could anyone not trust the guy...