Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So... I’m rereading this and it LOOKS like the twins exchange artifacts.

Betsy hands Brian the Amulet he lent her, and he entrusts her to “hide & protect” the sword from him.

I have no idea what this means, except that it probably should’ve been more of a panel than the one To drew.
    I was a bit confused by this too. feels like it need to show more.

A thing i liked was the bathtub scene, finally a hot scene after so many *wink wink* and lots of talk.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-24-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Another 5 star 10/10 issue for me.
    Loved the resolution to the Ruler of Otherworld battle even-though I really wanted to see Morgan flex her Sorceress muscles, and I didn't care for --(A)-- experimenting on her but...Xaddy will be X--(A)--ddy.

Much like all the other DoX books...I love that I have no idea how things are going to play out going forward. I love that, if nothing else, at least DoX isn't boring and predictable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well technically Kwannon was dead for years then they brought her back, after the Legacy Virus killed her and all in the Revanche body, and the body that Kwannon is now in is no part her original body anyway, it's a body that Jamie Braddock made for Betsy, and I never really had a problem with her being in the Asian body, greatly because it had not been her choice, so she had not been trying to pretend to be anything and the books did take note of her being British in an Asian body, it made her visually unique, now she's pretty average, hot but not that different than most of the others, you could easily pick her out of a crowd of characters, not so much anymore...
    She can be recognizable again with her purple hair and maybe the Crimson dawn tatto she used to have imo she doesn`t need to have an Asian body to be uniquely recognizable and now we can have both her and Kwannon around with stories made for them both or maybe they working together as a team in the future, I think this makes a good character decision on the writers part because it allows them both to have different and new stories.

As for exploring her roots, the second that this book is over that could all be just pushed aside and ignored very easily, and we'll see how deep the introspection actually goes if it goes anywhere at all, after all it's a writers job to sell the book, making promises and such that they don't always deliver on no matter how good intentioned they are about it...
    So far it seems Tini is going for the Betsy as literal, simbolical and magical twin of Brian and their relationship with Otherworld, all of this being forget is a real possibility not just with them but actually every story in comics have that possibility, so no reason enough to not make the story in the first place and let future writers decide how much they are going to take from there.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    A thing i liked was the bathtub scene, finally a hot scene after so many *wink wink* and lots of talk.
    TWO WHOLE PAGES to say Gambit and Rogue are back to normal on Krakoa and that Rogue doesn't want babies. That could've been done in two panels.

Meanwhile, we're all clamoring with questions regarding the conflict resolution in Otherworld and the aftermath of the Braddock family.

TWO WHOLE PAGES to say Gambit and Rogue are back to normal on Krakoa and that Rogue doesn't want babies. That could've been done in two panels.

Meanwhile, we're all clamoring with questions regarding the conflict resolution in Otherworld and the aftermath of the Braddock family.
    LOL speak for yourself. I'll be fine if I never hear of Otherworld again.

More bathtubs for this guy here.

Aww I think the both of them deserved some extra panel time together finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Much like all the other DoX books...I love that I have no idea how things are going to play out going forward. I love that, if nothing else, at least DoX isn't boring and predictable.
    Agreed, I love the unfolding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Here I am, wishing Captain Betsy had taken Rictor on a cross-time caper to Mojoworld.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Aww I think the both of them deserved some extra panel time together finally!
    After all the poor boy's been through and Rogue as well since the start of Excalibur they and we deserve those two pages.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I may be wrong about this, but wasn’t Gambit asking Rogue about where they should put down their residence in the first issue? So like, are they just banging it out in a public hot tub?

This will become a plot point on the future for sure. Rogue doesn't want kids, Gambit want, Rogue probably will get pregnant.
    Recently she was entertaining have kids and said to gambit that she want it all. This s very conflicting with excalibur Rogue.

The distribution of pages was really bad on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I may be wrong about this, but wasn’t Gambit asking Rogue about where they should put down their residence in the first issue? So like, are they just banging it out in a public hot tub?
    In their defense, mutants are immune to STDs.

BANNED

the white witch identity is confirmed now

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...courtney-ross/

Starlight Citadel? Mutherfu... now I gotta keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    the white witch identity is confirmed now

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...courtney-ross/
    Thanks for posting. Oh my!

Get it, Kitty. And this look needs to come back:

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This will become a plot point on the future for sure. Rogue doesn't want kids, Gambit want, Rogue probably will get pregnant.
    Recently she was entertaining have kids and said to gambit that she want it all. This s very conflicting with excalibur Rogue.
    Isn't it possible that she changed her mind? Or possible that absorbing •-[A]-• did something to her? Or maybe seeing Shogo turned into a dragon made her not want to have an infant?