Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I haven't read the issue yet, but with the fuss about Rogue saying she never wants kids despite previous canon. Couldn't she just have changed her mind since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Babies in superhero books, where characters generally don't ever age, are terrible. I don't know why anyone would want Rogue to be saddled with one, it would most likely just result in her being sidelined.
    Good point. I remember people annoyed that Shogo was an infant again when previously it was shown he was walking and talking? It's one of those odd things.

Watch Rogue be pregnant after what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but with the fuss about Rogue saying she never wants kids despite previous canon. Couldn't she just have changed her mind since then?
    That's what I was thinking. As she gets older, maybe she doesn't feel good about raising a child in this mutant-hating world.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

She didn't even say it, she said "maybe not ever"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Babies in superhero books, where characters generally don't ever age, are terrible. I don't know why anyone would want Rogue to be saddled with one, it would most likely just result in her being sidelined.
    I get what you mean. And honestly, while it could be an interesting story, I am highly hesitant about Rogue having kids (I really don’t know how that storyline would go given the history of other kid storylines in comics). And since I’m not loving Excalibur, I’m really worried about that story happening here. So, it’s not that I want her to have kids anytime soon…but it sounds uncharacteristic for her to not want them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Yes, people can definitely change their minds. Totally their right. Just seems like a complete 180 from the last book she was just in. In an ongoing series where most characters do not sound like themselves at all (don’t get me started on Gambit, Jubes and even Betsy), this development seems so disjointed. I find it maddening.

Honestly, I took that conversation to be confirmation that she's pregnant and doesn't know it, for Dramatic Writing reasons. The conversation on that point is so random, and has so little to do with what is going on, that it feels like the only reason it would come up now is if its going to be used for drama.

People were upset/worried last issue because the pregnancy hint came out of nowhere and seemed connected to Apocalypse, which is all kinds of squick. They aren't necessarily against her having kids because its been an issue with her for a long time, and we're more worried because comics aren't great with them.

BANNED

Has Excalibur overtaken Fallen Angels as the most divisive X-book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Has Excalibur overtaken Fallen Angels as the most divisive X-book?
    fallen angels is divise everywhere, most of what i see elsewhere towards excalibur is positive to meh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    fallen angels is divise everywhere, most of what i see elsewhere towards excalibur is positive to meh
    Fallen Angels used to be divisive, but even the people who really liked it have their complaints now.

Meanwhile, use #Xspoilers and you'll see people saying they had out of body experiences from the sheer craft of storytelling employed in this issue, while here people are bagging on it and dropping it from their pull lists.

One more mess issue. Dialogues is so bad. It has so many bad problems that it is even don't make sense to calculate all them.
    I hope after this book Tini Howard won't write any X book again. Her writing is just a jumping mess with no sense and awful dialogue.

Not only Gambit is written terrible. She just don't know charecrers that she is writing about. I am very sad that X office is even publishing this book.

Marcus To and his art deserves better then this parody.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Fallen Angels used to be divisive, but even the people who really liked it have their complaints now.

Meanwhile, use #Xspoilers and you'll see people saying they had out of body experiences from the sheer craft of storytelling employed in this issue, while here people are bagging on it and dropping it from their pull lists.
    That's CBR-ers for you. We are certainly a very special specie of fans.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Reads like bad fanfic. Not even worth saying more.
    Yes. So bad that it is even not worth to complain.

How such books are even get greenlit? Where are Editors? Why they don't tell writer that book is a mess or just won't change a writer of title if she she don't know characters of her team?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-22-2020 at 01:55 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly, I took that conversation to be confirmation that she's pregnant and doesn't know it, for Dramatic Writing reasons. The conversation on that point is so random, and has so little to do with what is going on, that it feels like the only reason it would come up now is if its going to be used for drama.

People were upset/worried last issue because the pregnancy hint came out of nowhere and seemed connected to Apocalypse, which is all kinds of squick. They aren't necessarily against her having kids because its been an issue with her for a long time, and we're more worried because comics aren't great with them.
    Unlurking to agree- this is the conversation you have the day before you realise you've missed a period. Dramatic Writing at its bad fanfic finest.
    Ok, as you were, back to lurking i go!

So its not horrible but the constant praise on twitter without any real critique is actually quite annoying.

There is a lot wrong with character interactions, story beats, theres like so much going on and like nothing at all. (if that even makes sense) etc...

But I guess people are loving TH's writing.

She only wanted to write Apocalypse after she had Thanos.

These characters don't belong in these roles.

Yeah Betsy should have continued on as herself. Instead of being given someone else's title.

I'm actually quite frustrated with what they decided to do now that I really think about it and finish this first arc.

What happened to she didnt want the title. Now she's just like yup I have an amulet now.
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-22-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Children in floating timeline superhero comics are actual parasites until they can talk.

Does anyone have that picture of Morgan near the end? Are they seriously about to vivisect her?!