Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking of Horsemen... where are the original Famine, Pestilence, and War? (The ones collected with Angel in the old X-Factor appearances)
    My memory is shot so someone please help me out here but I believe Warren killed one of the female horsemen in Remender's Uncanny X-force. I don't recall which one it was. She was trying to stand up to him and he wing-sliced her. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    •|Å|• pulling a Harvey Weinstein with his little walking cane. We all know you’re faking.
    This x 100
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE that Rogue is once more in full control of her mutant powers.
    Although, what that means exactly on Krakoa, (does she draw on Krakoa's power...having been in deep contact with him? And if so will she be affected like Black Tom? Or, is she just "normal" until she absorbs someone's power?) who knows, but I would love to see it further explored.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I absolutely LOVE that Rogue is once more in full control of her mutant powers.
    Although, what that means exactly on Krakoa, (does she draw on Krakoa's power...having been in deep contact with him? And if so will she be affected like Black Tom? Or, is she just "normal" until she absorbs someone's power?) who knows, but I would love to see it further explored.
    If there's one criticism that I have with Tini Howard os that she refuses to go more in depth with a lot of the machinations that happen in this book. Especially when it comes to Apocalypse and Rogue. Not to mention it would have been really helpful to know a general timeframe from apocalypses death to the attack on Otherworld and his resurrection. And when exactly he formed this alliance with Jaime or how Xavier feels about it all because it honestly just seems like he kind of just usurped the quiet Council and just did his own thing in pertaining to annexing Otherworld.

Ultimate Member

Makes me wonder when this is all actually dealt with if the characters will act like they just learned about all of this at that time instead of knowing about it for weeks and months...and if she'll ever develop Betsy some more in her new body that she somehow knew how to make out of thin air that has her original dna...

I’m still a bit vague on what happened with Coven Akkaba and the monsters that were ravaging Britain. Akkaba’s power cane from Morgan, so that will be gone - which raises a question over what the point of them was, unless they were secretly working on behalf of A after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m still a bit vague on what happened with Coven Akkaba and the monsters that were ravaging Britain. Akkaba’s power cane from Morgan, so that will be gone - which raises a question over what the point of them was, unless they were secretly working on behalf of A after all.
    Akkaba power didn’t came from Morgan at least not only Morgan . Morgan cut the power source from mortals in the first issue of Excalibur, Marina Stern joined Coven Akkaba when Morgan cut the power from her old coven. Probably they pray different deities maybe a Egyptian deity as their name is Akkaba.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    If there's one criticism that I have with Tini Howard os that she refuses to go more in depth with a lot of the machinations that happen in this book. Especially when it comes to Apocalypse and Rogue. Not to mention it would have been really helpful to know a general timeframe from apocalypses death to the attack on Otherworld and his resurrection. And when exactly he formed this alliance with Jaime or how Xavier feels about it all because it honestly just seems like he kind of just usurped the quiet Council and just did his own thing in pertaining to annexing Otherworld.
    I had this same conversation with a friend this weekend.
    Are some things left off the page to be addressed/expanded on later or are they left off the page due to lack of importance/story pacing.
    And yes...the time-framing between --(A)-- death, his resurrection and his appearance in Otherworld seemed sketchy and rushed. It feels as though we missed a pivotal scene where after Rogue became --(R)-- they all met together and formulated a battle plan to attack Morgan in Otherworld (although we could surmise that that's exactly what happened, still it would have been nice to see, if only to get a sense of the time in between).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Akkaba power didn’t came from Morgan at least not only Morgan . Morgan cut the power source from mortals in the first issue of Excalibur, Marina Stern joined Coven Akkaba when Morgan cut the power from her old coven. Probably they pray different deities maybe a Egyptian deity as their name is Akkaba.
    Yeah Marianna was part of the druids of Solar Blackwood (druids eheheh and she even had some of those druid crystal bones with her) but later killed her coven and joined Akkaba. I guess Akkaba uses plain old human magic taking from various sources like Strange. Marianna's coven seemed to be pretty much bound to "British" myths and sources such as Camelot and Morgan.

Edit: I'm rereading it and Akkaba Clan was converted to Morgan by Marianna by the way. And they were saying that only humans should and could access Avalon's power. So they probably got most of their power from Otherworld too.
    Last edited by Veitha; 01-27-2020 at 09:00 AM.

With Monarch - Jamie Braddock become the King of Otherworld, does it mean Betsy and Brian would be Princess/Prince of the realm?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    With Monarch - Jamie Braddock become the King of Otherworld, does it mean Betsy and Brian would be Princess/Prince of the realm?
    I always knew Brian was a Disney princess.

I know that I'm late,just stopping in to say that I still like the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking of Horsemen... where are the original Famine, Pestilence, and War? (The ones collected with Angel in the old X-Factor appearances)
    I believe that Pestilence died in Fall of the Mutants.

Famine was killed by Archangel during Dark Angel Saga.

What happened to War came up in last year's Archangel thread. War was cured of his paralysis by Angel back in Wolverine vol.1 147.

With the mutants resurrection abilities, it's possible that all of the original Horseman that appeared with Angel back in X-Factor could return.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-28-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I know that I'm late,just stopping in to say that I still like the series.

I believe that Pestilence died in Fall of the Mutants.

Famine was killed by Archangel during Dark Angel Saga.

What happened to War came up in last year's Archangel thread. War was cured of his paralysis by Angel back in Wolverine vol.1 147.

With the mutants resurrection abilities, it's possible that all of the original Horseman that appeared with Angel back in X-Factor could return.
    But what would be even more interesting...not as Horsemen. Just as normal mutants living their best lives on Krakoa, in more positive capacity.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-28-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But what would be even more interesting...not as Horsemen. Just as normal mutants living their best lives on Krakoa, in more positive capacity.
    Co-signed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Brian is no princess!

I don't understand why there wasn't a larger penalty for Brian choosing the sword. When Lionheart did it, she lost her family as a consequence. Brian was allowed to keep his powers and get a new costume. Equally, I don't understand how Betsy is allowed to serve as Captain Britain by Merlyn and Roma when she hasn't been faced with the choice, which has always seemed like a pre-requesite.