Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 229
  1. #211
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking of Horsemen... where are the original Famine, Pestilence, and War? (The ones collected with Angel in the old X-Factor appearances)
    My memory is shot so someone please help me out here but I believe Warren killed one of the female horsemen in Remender's Uncanny X-force. I don't recall which one it was. She was trying to stand up to him and he wing-sliced her. Anyone?


    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    •|Ň|• pulling a Harvey Weinstein with his little walking cane. We all know you’re faking.
    This x 100
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  2. #212
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    I absolutely LOVE that Rogue is once more in full control of her mutant powers.
    Although, what that means exactly on Krakoa, (does she draw on Krakoa's power...having been in deep contact with him? And if so will she be affected like Black Tom? Or, is she just "normal" until she absorbs someone's power?) who knows, but I would love to see it further explored.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  3. #213
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I absolutely LOVE that Rogue is once more in full control of her mutant powers.
    Although, what that means exactly on Krakoa, (does she draw on Krakoa's power...having been in deep contact with him? And if so will she be affected like Black Tom? Or, is she just "normal" until she absorbs someone's power?) who knows, but I would love to see it further explored.
    If there's one criticism that I have with Tini Howard os that she refuses to go more in depth with a lot of the machinations that happen in this book. Especially when it comes to Apocalypse and Rogue. Not to mention it would have been really helpful to know a general timeframe from apocalypses death to the attack on Otherworld and his resurrection. And when exactly he formed this alliance with Jaime or how Xavier feels about it all because it honestly just seems like he kind of just usurped the quiet Council and just did his own thing in pertaining to annexing Otherworld.

  4. #214
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,479

    Default

    Makes me wonder when this is all actually dealt with if the characters will act like they just learned about all of this at that time instead of knowing about it for weeks and months...and if she'll ever develop Betsy some more in her new body that she somehow knew how to make out of thin air that has her original dna...

  5. #215
    Incredible Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    986

    Default

    I’m still a bit vague on what happened with Coven Akkaba and the monsters that were ravaging Britain. Akkaba’s power cane from Morgan, so that will be gone - which raises a question over what the point of them was, unless they were secretly working on behalf of A after all.

  6. #216
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Iím still a bit vague on what happened with Coven Akkaba and the monsters that were ravaging Britain. Akkabaís power cane from Morgan, so that will be gone - which raises a question over what the point of them was, unless they were secretly working on behalf of A after all.
    Akkaba power didnít came from Morgan at least not only Morgan . Morgan cut the power source from mortals in the first issue of Excalibur, Marina Stern joined Coven Akkaba when Morgan cut the power from her old coven. Probably they pray different deities maybe a Egyptian deity as their name is Akkaba.

  7. #217
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    If there's one criticism that I have with Tini Howard os that she refuses to go more in depth with a lot of the machinations that happen in this book. Especially when it comes to Apocalypse and Rogue. Not to mention it would have been really helpful to know a general timeframe from apocalypses death to the attack on Otherworld and his resurrection. And when exactly he formed this alliance with Jaime or how Xavier feels about it all because it honestly just seems like he kind of just usurped the quiet Council and just did his own thing in pertaining to annexing Otherworld.
    I had this same conversation with a friend this weekend.
    Are some things left off the page to be addressed/expanded on later or are they left off the page due to lack of importance/story pacing.
    And yes...the time-framing between --(A)-- death, his resurrection and his appearance in Otherworld seemed sketchy and rushed. It feels as though we missed a pivotal scene where after Rogue became --(R)-- they all met together and formulated a battle plan to attack Morgan in Otherworld (although we could surmise that that's exactly what happened, still it would have been nice to see, if only to get a sense of the time in between).
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  8. #218
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Akkaba power didn’t came from Morgan at least not only Morgan . Morgan cut the power source from mortals in the first issue of Excalibur, Marina Stern joined Coven Akkaba when Morgan cut the power from her old coven. Probably they pray different deities maybe a Egyptian deity as their name is Akkaba.
    Yeah Marianna was part of the druids of Solar Blackwood (druids eheheh and she even had some of those druid crystal bones with her) but later killed her coven and joined Akkaba. I guess Akkaba uses plain old human magic taking from various sources like Strange. Marianna's coven seemed to be pretty much bound to "British" myths and sources such as Camelot and Morgan.

    Edit: I'm rereading it and Akkaba Clan was converted to Morgan by Marianna by the way. And they were saying that only humans should and could access Avalon's power. So they probably got most of their power from Otherworld too.
    Last edited by Veitha; 01-27-2020 at 09:00 AM.

  9. #219
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    700

    Default

    With Monarch - Jamie Braddock become the King of Otherworld, does it mean Betsy and Brian would be Princess/Prince of the realm?

  10. #220
    Incredible Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    With Monarch - Jamie Braddock become the King of Otherworld, does it mean Betsy and Brian would be Princess/Prince of the realm?
    I always knew Brian was a Disney princess.

  11. #221
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    I know that I'm late,just stopping in to say that I still like the series.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking of Horsemen... where are the original Famine, Pestilence, and War? (The ones collected with Angel in the old X-Factor appearances)
    I believe that Pestilence died in Fall of the Mutants.

    Famine was killed by Archangel during Dark Angel Saga.

    What happened to War came up in last year's Archangel thread. War was cured of his paralysis by Angel back in Wolverine vol.1 147.

    With the mutants resurrection abilities, it's possible that all of the original Horseman that appeared with Angel back in X-Factor could return.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-28-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  12. #222
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I know that I'm late,just stopping in to say that I still like the series.




    I believe that Pestilence died in Fall of the Mutants.

    Famine was killed by Archangel during Dark Angel Saga.

    What happened to War came up in last year's Archangel thread. War was cured of his paralysis by Angel back in Wolverine vol.1 147.

    With the mutants resurrection abilities, it's possible that all of the original Horseman that appeared with Angel back in X-Factor could return.
    But what would be even more interesting...not as Horsemen. Just as normal mutants living their best lives on Krakoa, in more positive capacity.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-28-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  13. #223
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But what would be even more interesting...not as Horsemen. Just as normal mutants living their best lives on Krakoa, in more positive capacity.
    Co-signed.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  14. #224
    Spectacular Member Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    With Monarch - Jamie Braddock become the King of Otherworld, does it mean Betsy and Brian would be Princess/Prince of the realm?
    Brian is no princess!


  15. #225
    Fantastic Member Husk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I don't understand why there wasn't a larger penalty for Brian choosing the sword. When Lionheart did it, she lost her family as a consequence. Brian was allowed to keep his powers and get a new costume. Equally, I don't understand how Betsy is allowed to serve as Captain Britain by Merlyn and Roma when she hasn't been faced with the choice, which has always seemed like a pre-requesite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •