Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Just a flying visit, but wanted to say how much I have been loving this book. It has such depth. A book about magic that actually understands what magic should be. Totally engrossing.

This was one of the books I wasn’t expecting much of, but it exceeds all expectations. Great job Tini Howard.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    The whole damn series has been conflicting tbh, this isn't a book about Excalibur...it's the Apocalypse series, simple as that. I mean Betsy, to me at least, never really stepped up into her new role and the resolution we got just is more proof that this new Utopian sociaety is all destined to fail.
    writer clearly wanted this to be a Apocalypse solo, then had to use characters t omake it a team book

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

An Apocalypse solo based on his current portrayal could probably be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Just a flying visit, but wanted to say how much I have been loving this book. It has such depth. A book about magic that actually understands what magic should be. Totally engrossing.

This was one of the books I wasn’t expecting much of, but it exceeds all expectations. Great job Tini Howard.
    You popped into my head as I was reading. Good to "see" ya!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

A book about magic that actually understands what magic should be.
    All this time we've been reading Promethea? But seriously, the "magic" parts of this are what lost me the most. I'd love to hear your thoughts and perspective in more depth though.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    All this time we've been reading Promethea? But seriously, the "magic" parts of this are what lost me the most. I'd love to hear your thoughts and perspective in more depth though.
    Yeah me too. It was really confusing to me. I need someone to write a paragraph about mutant magic to make it clearer.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i think if her new opinion was presented as a change of mind now that she has a sense of security and choice, but it reads like she felt this way before, wich simply wouldnt be true.
    EXACTLY. That would have made me satisfied.

something that stood out for me this issue was the amount of brilliant moments between characters. Rogue/Betsy, Rogue/Gambit, Betsy/Brian...idk these interactions really touched me. I think Tini has a much better grasp of these characters than she gets credit for

That is a very nice thing for you to say houndsofluv... I wish I felt the same way.

Speaking of nice things to say.... THE ART IN THIS BOOK IS TOP NOTCH. Go Marcus To! I will eternally thank him for that hot tub water scene with Rogue and Gambit... I may even pick up the floppy just for those two pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Speaking of Horsemen... where are the original Famine, Pestilence, and War? (The ones collected with Angel in the old X-Factor appearances)

BANNED

I loved this issue

The writing has improved massively and the art is still fantastic and suits this team.

Looking forward to seeing why the team is called into action again

Hope to see more old Excalibur characters appear and maybe have wisdom back full time.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I loved this issue

The writing has improved massively and the art is still fantastic and suits this team.

Looking forward to seeing why the team is called into action again

Hope to see more old Excalibur characters appear and maybe have wisdom back full time.

Seeing old Excalibur characters would be GREAT. We have Saturnyne coming. It’d be cool to have the Technet appear again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Morgan le Fay went out like a punk. She didn't even do anything cool. Her army sucks and did nothing but get owned.
    Got strong Season 8 Cersei vibes from her situation. Lame.

BANNED

•|Å|• pulling a Harvey Weinstein with his little walking cane. We all know you’re faking.

Astonishing Member

Seconded. Reading some impressions on here I thought this was going to be a terrible issue but was pleasantly surprised! The last 3 issues have been getting progressively better and better.